IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really difficult for me to see a resemblance between Josie and any of the other Duggar children - is it just me? I think maybe she has Michelle's eyes?

Not sure who she is supposed to favor but she is not one of the more attractive Duggars.

Poor Josie. She hasn't looked normal from the get go. I know that preemies have that distinctive look, but shouldn't they eventually grow out of it?

Goodness, they are so irresponsible. They keep leaving their kids wandering around barefoot in winter, no sunblock in summertime. They could not care less.

J'Chelle and Boob should be nominees for Idiot Parents Of The Year. It's an award they actually deserve to win on their own merit.

J'Chelle and Boob should be nominees for Idiot Parents Of The Year. It's an award they actually deserve to win on their own merit.

Too bad there isn't really an award like that. It should be like The Razzies or Darwin Awards.

Poor Josie. She hasn't looked normal from the get go. I know that preemies have that distinctive look, but shouldn't they eventually grow out of it?

I think that too.

I think that too.

Premies tend to have dolicephalic heads which are really elongated from lying on a bed surface for so long when ordinarily they should be in utero. Josie does not have that look as far as I can tell. (Some of Jon & Kate's 'tups did, btw.) She does have a large forehead which is typical of dolicocephaly, but she is just a FLK, old peds slang for a Funny Looking Kid. Premies do tend to grow out of dolicocephaly by the age of 5.

(Peds slang is not used as much anymore because it's politically incorrect as well as being insensitive if the parents get wind of it.)

Since they are on the road so much, and since we've seen the kids at home doing work on the computers, my guess is that they may take laptops on the road for some of their school work.

But I have a hard time thinking this gets done consistently, what with the performances, conferences and interviews that the Duggars are always dealing with. It might just be more of an instance of "Jill, your buddy is bugging me. Put her in front of the computer to work on her spelling." on Michelle's part.

I also have a had time believing they actually have the discipline to homeschool if the family can rarely get anywhere on time.

I agree. And in this picture, Josie is Michelle's mini-me. She looks exactly like her right down to the smile.

I don't see it.

Jordyn is the little girl who most favors Michelle, and she and Josie don't look anything alike. Right now its hard to tell who Josie looks like, although I see elements of both Justin and Jackson and I think they both favor Boob more than Michelle.

Agree about sunburn. I also think she looks like she's in pain, trying to pull away from Michelle, or both.

Just looks to me like the standard "Mum wants me in a picture and I don't to be" sort of pose. I've got lots of these thanks to a snap-happy MIL and a two sons who hated photos from the time they could express an opinion.

gb9ijgrr.jpg

Joy is so gorgeous. Of course they're all pretty, but I like that she doesn't cake on the make up like Jinger or Jessa, it wouldn't suit her type either.

Josiah is really handsome. He's in his teens yet but in a few years his skin will clear up and go back to normal, and he'll be a flawless li'l hunk.

Ginger needs to loose that California tan, she almost looks like a Kardashian now. Slow down on the spray tan, girl.

Actually, I´m saying "GO FOR THE SPRAY TAN, JINGER!" (There, I said it!)

This enny-teeny cosmetic habit of hers may be one of the eenny-tinier things that are really HER choice and HER decision.

Maybe she wants to imagine herself as a classy, sassy, racey Jersey Girl (that´s pretty close to New York too!) to seperate her from all the hypocrate "fair maidens" surrounding her.

Let us have her that.

Its funny how when I first started watching I could not tell which Duggar was which, other than whether they were male or female and a vague guess on age, but now theyre so easy to tell apart (especially the older ones, and the really little ones). Theyve all got their own distinctive look, and theyre all so pretty.

I think Jinger overdoes the make up and fake tan because she wants to look different and stand out in a sea of curly hair and frumpers. I guess when youve grown up being seen as just one of a huge group of 19 kids, not as a unique person it becomes a struggle to stand out. Im in a large family (but smaller than most fundie families), and both me and my closest in age sister went through stages of dressing weirdly to stand out-her as a goth, me by wearing a random assortment of bright neon colours.

I think this is maybe her impression of what normal people look like, the kind of people who would live in a city and do the things she wants to do. Maybe she wants to look normal. I dont think most people round here would look twice if they saw her walking down the street, compared to the average fundie kid. Some people might think maybe shes gone a bit overboard, but wouldnt think she was part of a weird fundamentalist cult.

I think Josie looks distinctive from the other kids, shes kinda cute (reminds me a bit of my youngest sister, who has the same curly blonde hair), but she does look quite ill. I wonder when she will start to lose the preemie look.

gb9ijgrr.jpg

Joy is so gorgeous. Of course they're all pretty, but I like that she doesn't cake on the make up like Jinger or Jessa, it wouldn't suit her type either.

...and Joy has on a very pretty skirt! Nice change from the denim!

Looks like Joy's skirt would flash some serious knee, too.

Am I having a brain fart?--who is the young man on the right?

I agree, Josiah definitely has the looks among the boys and men in that family.

The Duggars have the same mindset as Kim Zolciak. As long as there's a new baby to show off, the show will go on. No matter how stupid the storylines are. I wish TLC would down grade them to specials every once in a while. Enough of the weekly series. We've seen everything.

What happened to Jinger's face?! She's straying into serious Tan Mom territory now! Wow. :shock:

Archived