IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

after tonight's episode i have to say that i am quite pleased that Mary will be the last one to move into her McMansion...she'll have to live a little longer without her precious wetbar!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was actually surprised they were visiting at all. FDLS sects often hold that whoever is married to the mother accepts the kids as his own. I believe they have alluded to that in the past on this show.

I imagine the courts have something to say about visitation. He is their Dad and they were married, so unless he was abusive, he should have visitation rights.

I imagine the courts have something to say about visitation. He is their Dad and they were married, so unless he was abusive, he should have visitation rights.

But the father is FLDS as well. I am surprised he went to court with it.

Robyn has said they were in a monogamous marriage, so I have a feeling he isn't totally with the program. It is indeed bitchy of her to call him their "biological father" and refer to Kody as "dad."

When this show first started I liked Meri the best. Now she and her equally self-centered, whiny daughter make me ill. Once Mariah is off to college--which I guess is next month--I don't see any reason for her to be in the family at all, except that Kody apparently likes to bang her. And the whole pious deal with Robyn--agreeing to delay her trip with Kody for what, an hour? so that he could take Christine to her house--how unselfish! How noble! How illustrative of the truly sharing nature of polygamy! Monogamous women will never be able to understand the depths of such relationships.

And the houses are simply ridiculous.

Just watching tonight. I really think this family would be much better off if Meri and her bitchy brat pig of a daughter were gone. Even the builder seemed to think Meri was a piece of work while complimenting the other three. I notice when I think how much I hate them it is usually after a scene with one or the other of those two. Negative, spoiled, hateful people

I agree. Meri and Mariah need attitude readjustment fast! I have said in the past that I think Meri may have a drinking problem-reddish nose, blood-shot eyes and she looks even less-healthy that the other wives. And the crying...is that all these two do? I think lately it's been more than Robyn!

In my state, the courts are automatically involved when there are minor children.

In my state, the courts are automatically involved when there are minor children.

Is Robbins ex FLDS? That brings another interesting twist to the story. It could explain why she was allowed to move the children.

Is Robbins ex FLDS? That brings another interesting twist to the story. It could explain why she was allowed to move the children.

Robyn and him were part of a fundamentalist group, but it wasn't the Warren Jeff's FLDS. I thought they were part of the AUB, too- IIRC. And they never had sister wives; so three kids and only one wife makes me think he wasn't seriously interested in "the principle."

Robyn and him were part of a fundamentalist group, but it wasn't the Warren Jeff's FLDS. I thought they were part of the AUB, too- IIRC. And they never had sister wives; so three kids and only one wife makes me think he wasn't seriously interested in "the principle."

David Preston Jessup is Christine's first cousin (and also, apparently, first cousin to two of Meri's father's 5 wives), but I agree, it seems like he isn't really invested. His and Robyn's son, whom she now calls Dayton, was first named David as well. He is also reported not to be happy that his kids are on the show.

David Preston Jessup is Christine's first cousin (and also, apparently, first cousin to two of Meri's father's 5 wives), but I agree, it seems like he isn't really invested. His and Robyn's son, whom she now calls Dayton, was first named David as well. He is also reported not to be happy that his kids are on the show.

Nobody on the show was ever FLDS. They are part of the Apostolic United Brethren (AUB), also known as the Allred Group.

Robyn has painted her ex-husband as bad news. Whether this is true or not, who knows. I remember in the first season of the show she said she was focused on making a "safe" home for her children. And in the episode where she was decorating Solomon's room she said she had never owned a crib or any baby furniture for her other 3 kids. She made it seem like she wanted a crib for her older kids, but her ex wouldn't get one and then Kody said it was so sad and all his kids got a crib.

Janelle is my favorite now. I thought kody getting her the bedroom set was the perfect gift for her.I like how even keeled she is. Meri is out of control with the whining and crying. Her daughter is just like her. Writing on the kindle makes my writing stunted.

I agree. Meri and Mariah need attitude readjustment fast! I have said in the past that I think Meri may have a drinking problem-reddish nose, blood-shot eyes and she looks even less-healthy that the other wives. And the crying...is that all these two do? I think lately it's been more than Robyn!

We know they don't drink, because of their religion, but I always feel the same way about Meri. Unfortunately I've seen some alcohol addictions in my surroundings and she really fits the bill. Just the way she behaves is very familiar to me. She can sit on that couch and look as if she doesn't know she's there and then the next moment something comes through and she is all emotional.

But I guess it must be something else, may be hormones, because they don't do alcohol, right? :think:

We know they don't drink, because of their religion, but I always feel the same way about Meri. Unfortunately I've seen some alcohol addictions in my surroundings and she really fits the bill. Just the way she behaves is very familiar to me. She can sit on that couch and look as if she doesn't know she's there and then the next moment something comes through and she is all emotional.

But I guess it must be something else, may be hormones, because they don't do alcohol, right? :think:

Robyn's ex-husband wrote into his divorce agreement that the children were not to be around people who were drinking alcohol excessively. So I have a feeling this rule maybe isn't enforced all the time.

In the first season Meri and Kody were drinking margaritas in Mexico, licking the salt off the glasses and talking kind of buzzed about Meri having another baby (My GOD, how long can they drag this shit out?!). They've also posted pics of them in nightclubs with a burlesque performer, but I didn't see a drink in anyone's hand. On Polygamy USA, the wives of Isaiah drank wine. A lot of wine.

They don't drink alcohol while being filmed.

I watched last night's show as I have all the shows this season. There seems to be never-ending whining going on with that family. It would drive me up a wall to have to listen to it all the time.

I watched last night's show as I have all the shows this season. There seems to be never-ending whining going on with that family. It would drive me up a wall to have to listen to it all the time.

I have trouble sitting down and watching an entire episode these days. At this point I only watch for the snark, but they are really starting to crawl my nerves.

I've wondered about drinking as well, but I thought Kody portrayed it as though the family does not drink. When he went out with his brothers in Vegas, I seem to recall only the more normal non-polygamist brother drinking a beer (I believe that's the brother who died fairly recently.)

But with that condition, Robyn's ex does seem to be implying he knows the kids might be around at least one heavy drinker.

I've wondered about drinking as well, but I thought Kody portrayed it as though the family does not drink. When he went out with his brothers in Vegas, I seem to recall only the more normal non-polygamist brother drinking a beer (I believe that's the brother who died fairly recently.)

But with that condition, Robyn's ex does seem to be implying he knows the kids might be around at least one heavy drinker.

Kody changes his beliefs and convictions to suit his needs at the time. I know he and Meri drink, but maybe if you do it in another country it doesn't count? :shifty-kitty:

Early on, I remember Robyn saying one of the reasons she divorced her first husband was because he didn't want to take another wife. She wanted sister wives.

Members of the AUB can drink alcohol. Alcohol was part of the early mormon church. There are passages in the doctrine and covenants that specifically say that both Joseph Smith and Brigham Young drank wine. Some of these passages were after the word of wisdom (no coffee, smoking, drinking rule). Brigham Young commissioned some members to start a winery when they settled in Utah. He also had a whisky distillery set up in one of his houses in Utah.

During the episode where they visited colleges with Mariah, did anyone else notice the scene where they were trying to get Mariah to visit the school where Logan goes, Kody says something about Mariah not wearing that sweatshirt for the visit. The sweatshirt said "Centennial", then during the most recent episode Kody was wearing a "centennial wrestling" shirt. I keep thinking of Centennial Park, but its got to be something else, right?

Also, if they don't receive a normal salary from TLC, it might be worth it for them to not have jobs with the older kids going to college. So, if maybe TLC just pays for the houses directly they can show no income on the FAFSA form. I was very lucky when I started college that my parents had just started a new business, they didn't pay themselves and so on my FAFSA form they had very little income and I ended up getting several need-based grants for college as well as in interest free loan (no interest until I graduated). I worked on campus and was able to get through college with much less debt than many of my friends. The Browns might be considering this when looking for jobs, they need to make enough to make it worth it to lose whatever financial aid their older kids might be eligible for. Then again, they also need to feed/clothe and take care of a lot of younger children. I was the youngest in my family so my parents weren't worried about that.

^ The hoodie was a Westminster College one and Hunter's shirt is a Las Vegas high school.

My thoughts on the recent episode:

- Christine has 2 dishwashers in the new house...

- Janelle & Kody mattress shopping was pretty sweet. It's nice to see their relationship and interactions. They seem so real.

- Mariah is such a entitled brat. Life is going to be hard for her.

- Janelle's house is very builder basic. One of the bathroom countertops is tiled. Cheap trim work and looks like cheap cabinets.

Early on, I remember Robyn saying one of the reasons she divorced her first husband was because he didn't want to take another wife. She wanted sister wives.

Of course she did. Idiot self-centered twit who clearly can't function on her own. Sister wives will care for her children while not only supporting her sorry ass since she can't support herself but also can be guilted into devoting their lives to supporting her "dream" of a crap jewelry business, and will just feel sisterly toward her as they scramble for deals at Wal-Mart while she and hubby are jewelry shopping.

Sobyn is pushing 40, Kody is a douche, and there are young women (including, I think, her own sister) in the wings. Wonder if she will feel the same about the joys of being a sister wife when she's the one pushing out baby No. 6 while the Kodester is courting a hot new babe.

From what I remember from the Sister Wives book and early episodes, Robyn and her first husband did plan to practice polygamy (both grew up in polygamy) but their marriage was always too rocky to take a second wife.

In their Mormon sect (AUB), men don't like to marry divorced mothers because her kids are still sealed to the first husband. (So these kids will never join Kody in heaven, they would live with their bio-dad in heaven). The church leaders can decide whether or not to unseal the kids from the bio-dad and transfer them to the step-dad--I think that Robyn's original kids are now sealed to Kody, though.

I remember Robyn referring to herself as "damaged goods." She thought she would never get to remarry into a polygamous family because she was divorced. I think that explains her weepiness during the first season--she would constantly break down with relief at the thought of becoming part of this family. She had to be feeling an incredible sense of failure that her first marriage didn't work out. Especially since the AUB believes you can't get into the highest lievel of heaven without practicing polygamy.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived