IGNORED

All things Razing Ruth

razingruth

Oh, my (as George Takei would say). I rarely check Chatter, so I'm way behind! :animals-dogrun:

I was never that aware of RR's story to notice much about it, but I never assume people online are either real or fake. If I find out they are fake, my reaction is generally . . . oh. :shrug:

That said, I don't regret my advice to Ruth about her job situation -- I figure it's the same as answering suspected trolls; some lurker or other poster may find it useful.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On one of RR's blog posts a while back, she had a commenter, another escapee, who seemed to know who R/M was in real life. She made some mention of 1995, that she had visited R/M's family or heard ATI gossip about R/M around that time. I don't remember exact details and can't find the comment yet. Anyway, it gave the appearance that the events R/M talks about happened wayyyyy longer ago than she lets on.

At the very least, I think RR's blog is about the past and Rachael's story is actually R/M's minus the lesbian adoption bit. At the very worst, she's a total fucking fake. I hope for the former, but fear we are dealing with the latter.

Oh, my (as George Takei would say). I rarely check Chatter, so I'm way behind! :animals-dogrun:

I was never that aware of RR's story to notice much about it, but I never assume people online are either real or fake. If I find out they are fake, my reaction is generally . . . oh. :shrug:

That said, I don't regret my advice to Ruth about her job situation -- I figure it's the same as answering suspected trolls; some lurker or other poster may find it useful.

Whatever the status of Ruth and her story, she's obviously troubled and having difficulty coping, and good advice costs nothing and can help a lot.

Sooo...anyone else think "ahunt" (from Ruth's blog) is quite possibly a sock of Ruth/Mary/whomever? She's setting the stage for Ruth to close down her blog. Because of us big meanypants.

Whatever the status of Ruth and her story, she's obviously troubled and having difficulty coping, and good advice costs nothing and can help a lot.

Thanks, Lilith.

And you could be right.

Then again, RR could be some 45-year-old dude who is also posing as several other characters in other places. One never knows.

I accept the fact that there are people out there making up complex stories, but I never understand it. Most fake or scam-artist activity always seems like SO much more work than just going to work! :lol:

Sooo...anyone else think "ahunt" (from Ruth's blog) is quite possibly a sock of Ruth/Mary/whomever? She's setting the stage for Ruth to close down her blog. Because of us big meanypants.

Does Ruth normally moderate/approve comments, or do they go straight up? I've never seen spam there, which would indicate an approval process, but I've also never posted there. Do posts go straight up?

Does Ruth normally moderate/approve comments, or do they go straight up? I've never seen spam there, which would indicate an approval process, but I've also never posted there. Do posts go straight up?

I think so. When I've posted there, it never said my posts have to be approved. She might have had it set that way for a little while; I can't remember. But now, no.

Why?

I think so. When I've posted there, it never said my posts have to be approved. She might have had it set that way for a little while; I can't remember. But now, no.

Why?

Cause I'm interested to know if she's reading the comments and aware of all this, or if she still hasn't logged in and is unaware that people have uncovered these issues.

Oh, good question. I suspect she knows. Her silence is deafening. Although I suppose there's a chance she may have been busy and hasn't seen it yet.

Ahunt's responses to Red do seem disproportionate. But Ruth has always had passionate supporters who are very quick to jump to her defence.

Does anyone know what/who the "coffee crew" refers to?

I have no idea. I was wondering about the "Coffee Crew," too. Perhaps a few of her personalities get together every morning for coffee?

In seriousness, though, "ahunt" seems to be fairly new. Has she ever posted there before this all came out? Her profile looked new to me, although I ddn't really look at it that deeply.

I have no idea. I was wondering about the "Coffee Crew," too. Perhaps a few of her personalities get together every morning for coffee?

Love it! I literally loled!

I'm a Creep :(

Going to be singing that all day now.

I'm a Creep :(

Going to be singing that all day now.

I'm a wieeeeeerdo........

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here.......

Cause I'm a creep..........

You're welcome.

I am just cruising through this thread to say we have no evidence that RR has any socks here on FJ. I guess that might have been obvious based on the fact that she has not been banned, but I wanted to be clear that it has been researched since this new round of...discrepancies...has come to light.

I'm a wieeeeeerdo........

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here.......

Cause I'm a creep..........

You're welcome.

:lol:

Last visited on July 5th. So maybe not seen it yet.

Unless she has a bouncing IP account. Not sure how easily that would show up as a sock and seriously who could be bothered. Mind you IF this is an elaborate hoax I would imagine the type of person to do it, could be bothered.

When you click on ahunt it leads to a typepad account for an Annie Hunter. Which sounds like a pretty good sock puppet name.

Also who is this "Tracey Seth" that's commenting on everyone's posts. I can only find 1 YouTube account for her that was opened in 2013 and a goggle plus account that looks unused.

Thanks, Lilith.

And you could be right.

Then again, RR could be some 45-year-old dude who is also posing as several other characters in other places. One never knows.

I accept the fact that there are people out there making up complex stories, but I never understand it. Most fake or scam-artist activity always seems like SO much more work than just going to work! :lol:

Yes, as I said above there is a lot of very good information on this and the other RR threads that may well help others. No-one should feel bad about being taken in. If Razing Ruth is a fake she is a pretty good one. If s/he didn't grow up in ATI then s/he certainly did a lot of research!

It is probably more of a hobby than a full-time job and I don't think Pennmommy ever asked for cash. In fact I think "William" suggested donations to legitimate charities. The Atheist in a Minivan was probably still licking his/her wounds after being challenged about the money raised for the window film.

I suspect that in most cases it is less about the money than it is about the attention, although the cash comes in handy. You get to pose as someone with inside knowledge, an expert on the subject, and you are soooooo very brave and strong in the face of fictional adversity! Praise, sympathy, more praise, attention. Supplementary income at best, unless you are very good at it.

I agree that anyone who does this is deeply troubled. It is very sad.

I've always wondered about Munchausen by Internet. Is there a genuine provoking incident which gets the person hooked on the attention from strangers online, or does the person suddenly wake up one morning and decide to make up an elaborate story? Or perhaps either, neither or both.

Here's an interesting article on it: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... port-sites

Thanks for the link to the article, Palimpsest. Interesting reading and I wonder too what makes people decide to do this.

I agree that this is probably more about the attention than the money, though the money certainly helps.

I don't regret my supportive posts or wanting to help either. Being over the 'net, I took my chances that it might not be real.

I haven't ever kept up with the Ruth saga...until now...so I don't know (m)any of the finer details, but it seems like quite the well designed web she has weaved for herself. Hm. When I check back in to this thread I always see the original "by RR" line (the part that says which poster started the thread), and always get excited thinking she has come back to try to explain herself. And the I realise I'm looking at the original poster id, not the most recent poster. Soon I will learn. ;)

On that note: I wonder how long until she comes back to try to explain-- either as Ruth or as an alternative username persona she has thought up from a different IP.

Now that the majority of Helpmeets have had an opportunity to get caught up on this thread and participate in the discussion, we've decided that it's time to move it back to Snark Chatter.

Just a reminder that Ruth's true identity (whether she is real or a fraud) can only be revealed on FJ by Ruth herself (or by a helpmeet if Ruth gives permission, and can somehow prove who she is).

It is fine to connect her username to other usernames used elsewhere.

It is fine to link to other sites that might expose her identity.

If her identity becomes common knowledge elsewhere on the internet, we will revisit whether naming her here breaks the rules.

I haven't ever kept up with the Ruth saga...until now...so I don't know (m)any of the finer details, but it seems like quite the well designed web she has weaved for herself. Hm. When I check back in to this thread I always see the original "by RR" line (the part that says which poster started the thread), and always get excited thinking she has come back to try to explain herself. And the I realise I'm looking at the original poster id, not the most recent poster. Soon I will learn. ;)

On that note: I wonder how long until she comes back to try to explain-- either as Ruth or as an alternative username persona she has thought up from a different IP.

I highly doubt she will come back to explain herself but can see some alternate persona doing it. She knows that if she comes back herself she's going to face a lot of questions and given that she doesn't like that folks doubt her, as indicated by some of her recent blog posts, I don't think she would be willing to face that. I can see an alternative persona coming in to explain things on her behalf but at the same time refusing to answer questions based on that she's not M/R and doesn't know/can't answer/"I will get back to you" type of thing.

I doubt she'll come back, either. As of right now she still hasn't logged in since July 5, but I'm sure she's been informed by her supportive commenters of the turn this thread has taken. Plus, others have commented on her blog with links to the GOMI thread and asked about her TWOP baby story. I expect radio silence at this point and then poof, a deleted blog.

This kinda makes me sad. I believed in her, and I hope it isnt fake, but it looks suspicious now you think of it.

Im usually pretty good at working stuff like this out, Ive been running an online forum for years and dealt with Munchausens and online scamming before.

Archived