IGNORED

All things Razing Ruth

razingruth

Wait...what? How did you figure this out? Why would she do that if she didn't have something to hide?

Someone upthread mentioned a brother of hers that supposedly had cancer. I don't remember this. Anyone have a link, or what happened to that?

When I went to search for an entry that had evidently been deleted from Razing Ruth, I went to the Wayback Machine. When I tried to find the entries I was looking for, I found that some content had been crawled but when I went to look for more entries, I got this message:

"Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt.

See razingruth.blogspot.com robots.txt page. Learn more about robots.txt. You may try the page on the live web."

The page in question was no longer on the live version of the site, by the way.

You have to enable robots.txt in order to prevent Google, Wayback Machine, Bing, etc. from indexing your site. So at some point Ruth or someone operating that site made it very hard for Google or Wayback to cache the site, or at least certain parts of the site. This does not happen on its own or by mistake. In the interest of full disclosure, it's not that uncommon if you have a site under development or if you have areas that you consider private and you only want registered users to see.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brother has stage 4 melanoma. Got word that one of the my scholarships is bankrupt and wont be availale next quarter. Im proably going to have to leave school

This is her FB entry dated 4 November 2010.

Cindy asked -Where have you been, Ruth?

I've been studying for finals and writing papers and jumping through hoops for financial aid and praying for my brother and spending time with Harris and working and - yeah. I learned the lesson a while ago about putting concerning things on my blog but concerning things have been all that are on my mind lately. I apologize for the blog silence.

This is the beginning of her blog post dated 10 November 2010. It then gets diverted into a long (multi post) discussion about the morality of premarital sex resulting from a comment posted by a follower. I haven't had a really thorough look but these two entries seem to be the only two that mention her brother's cancer.

Incidentally, did anyone see that page that 'outed' her? It was supposedly up for 48 hours. I've had a fairly good look around the interwebz and I have never seen post that they actually saw it.

Somewhere in all of this, or maybe on the various links to all of this, suggested that Razing Ruth might be a blogger named possummama , who also had some sort of controversy regarding her realness.

I went to the possummama site and interestingly enough she had an entry in March asking any readers in Chicago or Lake County Illinois to email her.- very close to the time that Ruth started planning her trip to for the job.....hmmmmmmm

Another possible issue I noticed -- she says her mother graduated college and worked as a high school math teacher before they became full on fundamentalist. She also gives her first memory as being aged 4 and being told to come inside and help with the smaller children because she was too big to be playing with the boys, a statement that sounded like it was made after her mom was home full time and they were full on fundamentalist.

The mother also had a baby in late 2009. Doing the math, her mother would have to have given birth in her late teens to have both a 30 year old and an infant. She wouldn't have had time to have a baby a year, gone to college, graduated, taught high school and quit to homeschool by the time Ruth was 4 and her eldest brother 8 - and then go on to have another child 22 years later. The age factor just doesn't add up, unless somewhere Ruth states her mom was well into her 50's when she had the last baby -- possible but highly unlikely.

Dang, this is fun !

Thanks, OddEverything and uber frau. The robots.txt thing is quite strange. To me, anyway. That she didn't really mention her brother's cancer on her blog is also really strange. Not even a hint that he was sick? Hmmm.

I've never seen anyone post that they saw the page that outed her, either.

Mrs S2004, that was me that said I knew someone who thought she was Possummomma. I don't know much about that but I know they were pretty sure. They couldn't find the definitive link to prove it, though. They don't post here anymore so I'd rather not say who discovered that unless they okay it.

This is her FB entry dated 4 November 2010.

This is the beginning of her blog post dated 10 November 2010. It then gets diverted into a long (multi post) discussion about the morality of premarital sex resulting from a comment posted by a follower. I haven't had a really thorough look but these two entries seem to be the only two that mention her brother's cancer.

Incidentally, did anyone see that page that 'outed' her? It was supposedly up for 48 hours. I've had a fairly good look around the interwebz and I have never seen post that they actually saw it.

I was not aware of a brother's cancer. Like the TWoP baby, it's very strange she didn't mention it in her blog.

I really, really doubt that she has a brother who has stage 4 melanoma melanoma. It's a very deadly disease/terrible diagnosis. It would be really weird that if she brought it up once, she never said anything about it again. I know some people can be very private about illness but if so then why even bring it up in the first place? (If there was nothing else suspicious then I would think maybe she had second thoughts about sharing about that, but now it just reads like something she forgot about.) And she seems to still have enough of a connection to her family to receive big news/updates if it was a brother still living with them. I don't remember ever reading that any of her brothers were unhealthy after that comment. On the contrary I could see someone being really stressed about a loved one being diagnosed with stage 0 or I melanoma, but not really mentioning it again after that since those stages can usually be cured by surgery (removing the mole) so it wouldn't be much of an ongoing drama that warranted updates, but perhaps still scary.

I really, really doubt that she has a brother who has stage 4 melanoma melanoma. It's a very deadly disease/terrible diagnosis. It would be really weird that if she brought it up once, she never said anything about it again. I know some people can be very private about illness but if so then why even bring it up in the first place? (If there was nothing else suspicious then I would think maybe she had second thoughts about sharing about that, but now it just reads like something she forgot about.) And she seems to still have enough of a connection to her family to receive big news/updates if it was a brother still living with them. I don't remember ever reading that any of her brothers were unhealthy after that comment. On the contrary I could see someone being really stressed about a loved one being diagnosed with stage 0 or I melanoma, but not really mentioning it again after that since those stages can usually be cured by surgery (removing the mole) so it wouldn't be much of an ongoing drama that warranted updates, but perhaps still scary.

This was my stream of thought thinking about the cancer posts, as well. Stage 4 melanoma has poor survival rates. To mention it as a source of stress and never mention it again is just bizarre.

There comes a point when the circumstantial evidence is so overwhelming there is no way to come to any other conclusion than that someone has been lying. I reached that point with the pregnant sister and was pushed over the line with the Chicago job story. Every little piece like these - TWoP baby, brother with stage 4 melanoma - are just making it increasingly impossible that Ruth can explain all of this away. And I hope the mods on this site become wary of permitting her to continue to tell these stories to kind readers who may give her more money.

I think we tend to be pretty good at self-regulation. Other posters will probably point out the discrepancies now before the mods even have a chance.

I think even if she turns out to be a 70 year old man in Brazil he/she should be allowed to continue to post. It's a pretty slippery slope if people start being screened for truthiness when posting on an internet forum.

Where do you draw the line ? People often should modify at least some personal details ( number of children, location and/or age etc.) in order to maintain their privacy.

I know it's a big step from saying you have 5 girls instead of your actual 7 boys, or that you live in Minnesota instead of Maine to the kind of scamming that brings in money - but people should always be aware that not everything they read is necessarily true, and that they should guard their wallets accordingly.

Mods~ Is this thread still considered Chatter in light recent events?

It's been discussed and the general consensus is that the thread should stay in chatter for now.

So, who was the sister who was allegedly pregnant at the same time as her mother (see 10/10/09 blog entry)? Was this ever spoken of again?

I have only a vague memory of this, but at one time wasn't Ruth claiming that her father had found her blog and was posting in the comments?

I think one of the hallmarks of these online fabricators (e.g. Warrior Eli) is the creation of multiple personas to respond to the main persona's self. It seems that often the alternate personalities are used to post carefully selected opposite information, which both increases the drama and gives opportunity for the main character to post in self-defense.

So, who was the sister who was allegedly pregnant at the same time as her mother (see 10/10/09 blog entry)? Was this ever spoken of again?

I'd forgotten about that. There's other things that I'd like to follow up about try her supposed siblings. I'm not sure the number all add up. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't.

Is anyone taking screen shot shots of her blog? I'm pretty sure it will be disappearing in 5...4...3...2...

FWIW, my company just hired a manager through a Skype interview. She lived in another country and we weren't dropping $1,000 on the interview, so we just did it over Skype - worked out fine. This was for a mid-level highly specialized job.

I'm in grad school in humanities and I check the academic job listings regularly - probably the cause of my constant panic attacks. :lol: Research librarian jobs are so highly coveted that many of the best academic libraries are now requiring not only an MLIS but also a Ph.D.! (In area studies, history, something like that - and even more targeted if you are actually going to be an area studies librarian, which we have several of at my institution.) NO WAY IN HELL are you getting a librarian job in Chicago with a Bachelor's degree in a different field. Unthinkable. Unless she is just shelving and checking out books, but usually they either hire students for that or choose from the vast numbers of people who are always willing to work in libraries. Not someone from halfway across the country. Libraries - even small community college libraries - just have too much talent to choose from.

At this point, it would take nothing short of her boss providing documentation for me to believe that (which, obviously, should not happen).

I have only a vague memory of this, but at one time wasn't Ruth claiming that her father had found her blog and was posting in the comments?

I think one of the hallmarks of these online fabricators (e.g. Warrior Eli) is the creation of multiple personas to respond to the main persona's self. It seems that often the alternate personalities are used to post carefully selected opposite information, which both increases the drama and gives opportunity for the main character to post in self-defense.

rrwithoutpity.blogspot.com/

rrwithoutpity.blogspot.com/

LOL whoever is writing that blog should not be complaining about Ruth's writing sucking. Pot...kettle (though I don't think Ruth's writing is all that bad most of the time).

LOL whoever is writing that blog should not be complaining about Ruth's writing sucking. Pot...kettle (though I don't think Ruth's writing is all that bad most of the time).

:shock:

Who that leaves the family unit can't be role models.

This has to be written by a very angry, poorly educated ATI fanatic. I doubt that she knows who Ruth is because with the anger in that blog she would have outed her.

:evil-eye: Have you ever???? Word salad

Somewhere in all of this, or maybe on the various links to all of this, suggested that Razing Ruth might be a blogger named possummama , who also had some sort of controversy regarding her realness.

I went to the possummama site and interestingly enough she had an entry in March asking any readers in Chicago or Lake County Illinois to email her.- very close to the time that Ruth started planning her trip to for the job.....hmmmmmmm

Another possible issue I noticed -- she says her mother graduated college and worked as a high school math teacher before they became full on fundamentalist. She also gives her first memory as being aged 4 and being told to come inside and help with the smaller children because she was too big to be playing with the boys, a statement that sounded like it was made after her mom was home full time and they were full on fundamentalist.

The mother also had a baby in late 2009. Doing the math, her mother would have to have given birth in her late teens to have both a 30 year old and an infant. She wouldn't have had time to have a baby a year, gone to college, graduated, taught high school and quit to homeschool by the time Ruth was 4 and her eldest brother 8 - and then go on to have another child 22 years later. The age factor just doesn't add up, unless somewhere Ruth states her mom was well into her 50's when she had the last baby -- possible but highly unlikely.

Dang, this is fun !

I read quite a lot of blogs, and I used to read Ruth's on a regular basis, and I usually remember what I read...she was concerned at her mother's advanced maternal age when she had the last baby, and gave her age as over fifty ( possibly 53, but I'm not sure about that.)

FWIW, my company just hired a manager through a Skype interview. She lived in another country and we weren't dropping $1,000 on the interview, so we just did it over Skype - worked out fine. This was for a mid-level highly specialized job.

Not knowing anything about hiring practices of the library department, I originally wasn't too bothered by phone interviews. I've been hired twice by universities with minimal contact (both were adjunct positions, however. Faculty positions are hard to come by and the schools will actually require you to be at a major conferences in the field [for English lit, MLA; for English Comp, 4Cs], at your own expense, for an initial interview; the entire hiring process can take a good 6-9 months.) And, my current university employer pays once a month, so that rang true too.

I read quite a lot of blogs, and I used to read Ruth's on a regular basis, and I usually remember what I read...she was concerned at her mother's advanced maternal age when she had the last baby, and gave her age as over fifty ( possibly 53, but I'm not sure about that.)

From Ruth's' 10/10/09 entry, "Pregnant"

My mom's first pregnancy was in 1980. That's over 29 years ago. My eldest brother is 29, people! Rani (the youngest until now) is 13. When Rani was nine, my mom had a baby born early that passed away. That doctor told my mom not to get pregnant ever again because her uterus couldn't hold the pregnancy. She and dad stopped having sex. I guess they cheated because here she is. My mom is in her fifties. This just isn't right. She's due in three months so now of course we're in danger zone for preterm labor and delivery.

Now let's do the math: at least 50-29= at least 21 at first pregnancy. How long was Ruth's mom teaching/going to school/etc before she joined ATI?

How often do women in their fifties conceive naturally/accidentally and carry to term or close to term? Did they get all the appropriate high risk pregnancy care?

[snip]

From Ruth's' 10/10/09 entry, "Pregnant"

Now let's do the math: at least 50-29= at least 21 at first pregnancy. How long was Ruth's mom teaching/going to school/etc before she joined ATI?

Now THIS is a very good question. Because it's not like Mommy was teaching at an unaccredited Christian school without a degree, a BIG deal was made about the fact that she has a college education.

ETA: I guess she could have been working at an unaccredited school with the degree; my point was that she had the college education, which should get her to 22 years old (or 21-but-almost-22).

Archived