IGNORED

All things Razing Ruth

razingruth

I'm sorry you are having health problems. I don't think you need to be so condescending about this forum. There were wrongdoings in the past and people value the community here whether they "own" it or not. Is there some sort of forum leader scriptbook that includes the part about responding to member questions with complaints about your illness and having nothing better to do in real life?

This is why I rarely talk about my health, but I can actually prove my health issues if necessary. I also have done more work on the forum in the first 6 weeks than were done in the first 18 months. I think the point people are missing is, people have other things going on besides free jinger in their lives. I realize people thought the transition was going to take like 3 days or something, but that was never the case. There is a lot more to it than people realize. I have never hid that I am disabled and have chronic health issues, if you read my posts prior to my being owner of the site, you can see it's something I have posted about and not something that just suddenly cropped up in March of 2013.

Oh and I'm not stealing money from the forum or begging people for donations either. That's a pretty big difference, too ;)

Members want stuff done in a time frame that isn't possible and I'm sorry for that, but rehashing the issues over and over isn't going to make them go any faster.

The site is alive and well. No one is being asked for money. The bills are being paid. I don't understand why this isn't good enough for some people, I guess. It gets a little annoying to always feel like you are being called dishonest when you have never done anything to deserve that. Maybe Lainey is right. I think my time for today is over.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TOTAL derail. Quite excited that Meda is due soon.

Me too. Crocheting as we speak...er type :)

Wow, mrs, I was about to talk about that, but you did a much better job. The discrepancy is even worse now, though - if Ruth's oldest brother was born within a year of her parents marriage, why did she say her mom's first pregnancy was in 1980?

Even if Ruth's mom taught for less than year, and had her first kid at 20 and her last kid at 49 - the odds of conceiving at that age and successfully carrying a pregnancy to term are ridiculous. Especially as, according to Ruth, 4 years earlier her mother had an unsuccessful pregnancy.

From razingruth.blogspot.com/2009/10/pregnant.html

The timeline/biology of all of this is really confusing me.

Well to be fair, if her mother was 49 ish I've known a few women that age who had surprise babies, generally when they thought birth control was no longer needed but they were wrong. If she was 53 that would seem much more unlikely.

Yeah time to get back on topic.

Is there anyone who has met R/M in person who would like to confirm?

Yeah time to get back on topic.

Is there anyone who has met R/M in person who would like to confirm?

Why would you trust anyone who claims to have met her, unless you know them personally? I could easily say that I met her and that she's totes for real. Taking Random Stranger B's word for it that Random Stranger A is telling the truth doesn't actually prove anything, and is, in part, how things like this develop.

For the record, I have not met her. Her story sounds like BS to me, as do many things on the internet.

Unfortunately the only person who can confirm Ruth's identity is Ruth, and she's not going to do so, either because she wants to continue to protect her privacy, or because her story is a lie.

I think it is. I think this is a discussion that is a long time coming, and for the most, people are remaining calm considering.

Sure, Ruth may not be technically by TOU standands soliciting, but she is using FJ to get her story out there to gain something, be it money or attention. I believe any type of investigation on the subject is good. The truth needs to come to light either way. People need to know the truth so they can make educated decisions about the person they are helping. I am personally sick of seeing good people that want to help get taken for a ride. And if that is the case here, we need to nip it in the bud, ASAP.

Except I decided it wasn't worth it to me either. I consider my friends with some of the admin and mod team and I don't particularly want to impact that.

So after said it, I decided I didn't feel it was worth it to me. But i got quoted, which happens :) I know several people who are on the team have mega real life issues going on I personally decided to just drop it.

I can not like things and not have to needle anyone about it.

And since it has since been quoted and responded to I don't think any of us needed to "stop and take a breathe" either. I think there are times it makes sense and certainly more reasonable than this particular thread. But just like mods are human beings, so are all the posters. And telling us to "calm down" and they have busy lives and to stop reading the forum or that they have had quite enough of us or what the job of freejinger is also assumes posters don't put work into the content here either.

Mods and admins have a thankless job. I get it. And I get it can be irritating and annoying. And I get that there are multiple people with real life issues on the team right now. I don't the things I commented on were exactly being pedantic or saying there job comes with benefits. But personally, I appreciate being treated like adults since all of us here are. And I don't think in general other adults need to do that.

I was actually quite polite about it all until I wasn't allowed to just have a fucking feeling. I had to be told that my feeling really didn't matter because

I had planned to just not voice my feelings but I did get quoted and responded to. So now I gotta own what I said. That said, I can deal, I just think it is stupid and I don't like it. I will keep my mouth shut (and I am assuming I was the one referred to as bringing the drama...because of course I couldn't have possibly been out of town or busy or whatever and just came back for the drama. ) I leaving on vacation on Friday, so when I post when I get back, let's not assume I am back for drama. )

Why would you trust anyone who claims to have met her, unless you know them personally? I could easily say that I met her and that she's totes for real. Taking Random Stranger B's word for it that Random Stranger A is telling the truth doesn't actually prove anything, and is, in part, how things like this develop.

For the record, I have not met her. Her story sounds like BS to me, as do many things on the internet.

Unfortunately the only person who can confirm Ruth's identity is Ruth, and she's not going to do so, either because she wants to continue to protect her privacy, or because her story is a lie.

Who says she'd trust anyone who claims to have met her? I wouldn't, but if a bunch of people that are fairly well-"known" here said that yes, they met her, it would make it more believable.

I don't think anyone met her. I think it's all made up at this point. I know I didn't meet her. I think that all we'll get is a bunch of responses like this--"Nope, not me."

I don't think this is true at all. It has always been known the attorney is needed for the LLC. We do not currently have a timeline for hiring or cost, because there are some variables there. We may be able to do some of the paperwork ourselves which will save money on the lawyer costs, which would be ideal, obviously.

Until we have all the properties under our own LLC (created with an eye toward becoming a non-profit when we are able) we can't make any substantive changes to the forum in terms of deletions. I believe we have made this clear before, as well.

Have there not already been some changes made? Maybe it's my lack of legal knowledge, but I don't understand how allowing certain posters (from the Alecto days) a one time option to delete their accounts would prevent FJ from possibly becoming an LLC at some time in the future. Maybe it would, but I just am not seeing the correlation. Like I said, there have already been changes made, but this one seems to be the one that is tossed out in connection with the LLC.

I'm just curious if she ever mentioned who she met. It won't prove that she is real or fake, but I am wondering if she ever created any sort of sock account that could "meet" her and "confirm" her story. That isn't uncommon with people who invest years into creating fake stories on the internet.

We will most likely never know who she is or what is real, I doubt she will ever go back to her blog or come back here.

Who says she'd trust anyone who claims to have met her? I wouldn't, but if a bunch of people that are fairly well-"known" here said that yes, they met her, it would make it more believable.

I don't think anyone met her. I think it's all made up at this point. I know I didn't meet her. I think that all we'll get is a bunch of responses like this--"Nope, not me."

I agree with this. I have a pretty strong bullshit meter, and there are some people here who could say they had met her and I would probably believe it. Certain things tend to have a ring of truth to them and some don't.

It is important to note, I have a shitty bullshit meter. No one should ever trust my gut judgment on something. This is how I end up buying too much crap from the TV at 2 AM.

During the whole adoption thing wasn't there a member who helped her with legal matters and verified her identity somewhat?

And since it has since been quoted and responded to I don't think any of us needed to "stop and take a breathe" either. I think there are times it makes sense and certainly more reasonable than this particular thread. But just like mods are human beings, so are all the posters. And telling us to "calm down" and they have busy lives and to stop reading the forum or that they have had quite enough of us or what the job of freejinger is also assumes posters don't put work into the content here either.

Mods and admins have a thankless job. I get it. And I get it can be irritating and annoying. And I get that there are multiple people with real life issues on the team right now. I don't the things I commented on were exactly being pedantic or saying there job comes with benefits. But personally, I appreciate being treated like adults since all of us here are. And I don't think in general other adults need to do that.

I was actually quite polite about it all until I wasn't allowed to just have a fucking feeling. I had to be told that my feeling really didn't matter because

I had planned to just not voice my feelings but I did get quoted and responded to. So now I gotta own what I said. That said, I can deal, I just think it is stupid and I don't like it. I will keep my mouth shut (and I am assuming I was the one referred to as bringing the drama...because of course I couldn't have possibly been out of town or busy or whatever and just came back for the drama. ) I leaving on vacation on Friday, so when I post when I get back, let's not assume I am back for drama. )

Sorry, treemom, it was me that quoted you. Didn't mean to drag you into a discussion you didn't want to have. :) And, yeah, it has been the tone of the mods treating posters like children (again, I know this wasn't the intention, but that's how it came across to me) that I have found off-putting the last couple of weeks. FWIW, I do appreciate everyone who is working to keep the site going and hope everyone with health problems start feeling better soon.

During the whole adoption thing wasn't there a member who helped her with legal matters and verified her identity somewhat?

I do remember that now that you mention it. I believe one of the lawyers that post here helped her or directed her to someone who could help. Anyone remember who it was?

I am having trouble trying to copy and paste the link on my phone, but I just went to twop and searched posts made by ofduggar.. On Spet 10, 2009 she posted in the duggar thread saying she had started a blog with a link to the razing Ruth blog. So based on that I think ofduggar is razing Ruth

Edit: ok let's see if this works this time. Here is a link to the post I am talking about

forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3146312-19-kids-and-counting-and-other-duggar-family-programs/?p=12141699

Interesting, to say the least. I'm one who has believed Razing Ruth, now I have to wonder.

Sorry, treemom, it was me that quoted you. Didn't mean to drag you into a discussion you didn't want to have. :) And, yeah, it has been the tone of the mods treating posters like children (again, I know this wasn't the intention, but that's how it came across to me) that I have found off-putting the last couple of weeks. FWIW, I do appreciate everyone who is working to keep the site going and hope everyone with health problems start feeling better soon.

No worries. If I had not posted it to begin with it would have been fine :) Life happens...sometimes you can't unwrite things :)

I do remember that now that you mention it. I believe one of the lawyers that post here helped her or directed her to someone who could help. Anyone remember who it was?

I thought CreakySteel helped her and vouched for her, which is the only thing that gives me pause. Does CS still post here? Am I out to lunch, or was it her? I don't remember anything about a lawyer, although I feel a vague niggling about something like that.

I thought CreakySteel helped her and vouched for her, which is the only thing that gives me pause. Does CS still post here? Am I out to lunch, or was it her? I don't remember anything about a lawyer, although I feel a vague niggling about something like that.

I could totally be wrong about the FJ member being a lawyer, maybe the poster directed her to a lawyer? I'm fuzzy on the details but I definitely remember something along those lines.

I could totally be wrong about the FJ member being a lawyer, maybe the poster directed her to a lawyer? I'm fuzzy on the details but I definitely remember something along those lines.

It was a FJ member who is a lawyer, and she directed her to a CA lawyer. at least, that is what I remember.

I was looking through an old discussion regarding the adoption and found a quote from RR's blog. I am on my iPad, so it is the fifth, I believe, post.

RR says

THANK YOU for the phone numbers of attorneys. I found one who is going to help Rachel for nothing more than the filing fees and such. She's local and a sister of someone on Freejinger. We've already spoken. Thank you, to all of you, for offers of help and offers of places to stay. I think it's going to be okay. I'll not be posting for a few days, but don't worry. For the first time, I really think this will work out. -Ruth

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7786&start=60

I'm thinking that if anyone from here did indeed meet her by now, there's a pretty good chance they would have posted saying so "hey, I met M/R!". Even before these recent developments in the M/R saga. So I am inclined to think that no one has met her at all.

I'm thinking that if anyone from here did indeed meet her by now, there's a pretty good chance they would have posted saying so "hey, I met M/R!". Even before these recent developments in the M/R saga. So I am inclined to think that no one has met her at all.

Did anyone have concrete plans to meet her that were perhaps (conveniently?) derailed by the hospitalization?

I have read her blog off and on for several years. I remember feeling a bit of skeptical crisis fatigue around the time of the broken leg and complete skepticism by the time she lost the trailer.

(Of course the string of crises in my life for the past few years has been rather unbelievable. I firmly believe that the endless string of funerals at one point contributed to losing a part time job--I never missed work such as it was but the "I have a funeral that day" story had to be seeming a bit far-fetched after a point).

So back during the "Rachel" being pregnant deal when FJ was trying to get Ruth and Rachel help in the form of an attorney,etc there was a LONG thread about the veracity of RR claims. Anyway, here is the link to the page where Creaky Steel claims to have been in contact with Rachel via her sister, presumably a lawyer.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7786&start=120

I am mostly a lurker here and I know there has been drama recently involving members claiming to be thing they were not, so if Creaky Steel has already be outed as a lier please disregard this post. Also, if Creaky Steel is in fact not a lier, I apologize in advance :)

Thanks for finding the link, chemist1217.

I don't think Creaky Steel is a liar. I just don't know how she decided Ruth was for real.

Archived