IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

I agree! My can't Steve & Teri find friends somewhat their own age.

Because Stevehovah can't have friends. That would mean some sort of equal relationship. He needs disciples.

People his age aren't going to appreciate the 'specialness' of the Gospel of Stevehovah-in all likelihood their children are already grown and out of the house (much more successful than Steve, in other words). He's only going to appeal to people who fear loosing their still-young-enough-to-brainwash children to the big, bad world.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree! My can't Steve & Teri find friends somewhat their own age.

Most people their age no longer have "children" at home.

"Where We're At" - is that a real title? Did anyone learn any grammar at the SOTDRT?

Thank you so much for mentioning that. I've meant to, but just didn't have the oomph left after seeing that actual little children are being raised Maxwell-style.

If it weren't such a serious thing, I'd dismiss the whole mess as "tacky" - but it's hard to let it go at that.

Cannot make out Poor Sarah's new post, it's all over the place, but it seems they are still at their what some would call friends. They are helping paint the house - stand by for it to have a beige makeover. Quite a large house so I would have thought the owners could have afforded decorators, but hey they were blessed with free Maxwell slave labour and fellowshipping. There also seems some older children for the reversal children to play with:

DSC_97481-266x400.jpg

is that Jesse without glasses? And who is the other child? Looks like Davey...

I think those "friends" are turning their house into an idol.

Did you notice how much the Dad looks like Nathan? Look at the picture of both families at the restaurant.

Count me as a vote for the colorful house. Very cheerful. Hate the balloony curtains, but love the bright flower paintings and the multi-colored dining chairs. This coming from someone who chose an all-shades-of-white contemporary cottage scheme for my kitch/dine/living room. :D

So, it looks like they're painting the white trim...white?

My trim needs a good painting. It's actually chipping off. Calling all Maxwells! I have animal crackers! And smoothies!

But I will not submit. (except when posting)

What's the bet the age difference between Sarah and Anna is greater than the age difference between Sarah and the mother of that family?

Oh, good observation. She doesn't even look 40, does she? How does Sarah feel, I wonder, when she sees women who are her contemporaries with large families and homes of their own?

Oh, good observation. She doesn't even look 40, does she? How does Sarah feel, I wonder, when she sees women who are her contemporaries with large families and homes of their own?

I always wonder how Sarah would take it if Anna ever started a courtship. I think it would break her.

I always wonder how Sarah would take it if Anna ever started a courtship. I think it would break her.

Considering that Sarah has been at "courtship age" for the last 10 or 15 years, and Maxwells had been celebrities in fundie circles, I bet some boys have tried to court her. It's like Steve doesn't want her to marry. Maybe Maxwells are reserving a daugther to take care of them when they will be old. It's very, very sad.

Considering that Sarah has been at "courtship age" for the last 10 or 15 years, and Maxwells had been celebrities in fundie circles, I bet some boys have tried to court her. It's like Steve doesn't want her to marry. Maybe Maxwells are reserving a daugther to take care of them when they will be old. It's very, very sad.

It has been posted before, that men have asked to court Sarah. I don't remember who, was it QueenMother (their personal friend who posted here)?? All the men where rejected by either Steve or Sarah. Maybe somebody else remembers the details or post.

Count me in as someone who really likes that blue and yellow kitchen. It is happy. They need to lose the fluffy 80s valances though. It looks as though Mr P and I will be able to go to Greenfield after all. Stand by for the trip report on Saturday -- or perhaps Sunday. 8-)

It has been posted before, that men have asked to court Sarah. I don't remember who, was it QueenMother (their personal friend who posted here)?? All the men where rejected by either Steve or Sarah. Maybe somebody else remembers the details or post.

I've only been on FJ for a couple of years, but what i've ascertained is that Stevie says that any suitors would be making an idol of Poor Sarah. She is his only pre reversal daughter thus maybe more 'virgin' than the reversals???

But at the end of the day the selfish Stevie is just saving her for a final back rub or Teri's last request of a Pepsi before she moves into the command of her older brothers headship.

Not good

Crikey, that house!! Got to be 3,000 sq. ft. and brick all around, crown moulding, etc. -- here's my Q: Have we ever seen the Stevehovists be so generous with a po' family - maybe one that lives in a double-wide where the yard is packed dirt and a couple of the children and mom are obese?

In other news, something about Joseph's countenance screams "smug arrogance" to me.

But mostly, the wealth of these particular Stevehovists strikes me as going a long way toward making them Steve & Terified's very spayshul friends.

Oh, my. Poor Sarah.

The latest pic of Anna and host family boy standing in the road: Anna seems to have a look of " someone please get this kid away from me" on her face. Seriously, does she ever get a minute of not babysitting?

Crikey, that house!! Got to be 3,000 sq. ft. and brick all around, crown moulding, etc. -- here's my Q: Have we ever seen the Stevehovists be so generous with a po' family - maybe one that lives in a double-wide where the yard is packed dirt and a couple of the children and mom are obese?

In other news, something about Joseph's countenance screams "smug arrogance" to me.

But mostly, the wealth of these particular Stevehovists strikes me as going a long way toward making them Steve & Terified's very spayshul friends.

Oh, my. Poor Sarah.

That house is probably in the area of 5,000 square feet. My house is just shy of 3,000 square feet and it's nowhere near that big.

Interesting point about them only spending time at the homes of more well-off fans. It makes sense when you think about it though.

That house is probably in the area of 5,000 square feet. My house is just shy of 3,000 square feet and it's nowhere near that big.

Interesting point about them only spending time at the homes of more well-off fans. It makes sense when you think about it though.

I'll give 'em a small pass on that one. When you think about sheer numbers of people, logistically I don't think there are that many families who have homes that could accommodate everyone. Nor could many afford too so I don't see many people, especially those who are barely making ends meet, offering to host.

On the other hand though, given the Maxwellian view of obesity (contempt, disgust, and so on...) I'm sure they'd come up with some excuse to worm out of an invitation.

It's gotta be weird, particularly because of the bright divide the Maxwells make between "kids" (unmarried) and regular adults (married).

I read about Sarah and I find myself feeling sad about her circumstances or thinking she's an "old maid" and ah, such a waste, etc, and then I remember that I married at age 38 - and yet I never felt sorry for myself or rushed about anything.

Why? Well, because I was a full adult in the eyes of everyone around me, making my own way in the world, doing what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. I wasn't sitting around waiting for my real life to start.

The Maxwellian world is just so stifling.

Sarah no doubt wants a life very different from mine, but even to get what I suspect she wants (family, passel of kids, SAHM cozy home life) she needs to be proactive and GET OUT THERE and it's the one thing she's apparently not supposed to do. She needs to be out there volunteering and working on community projects or church projects with other enthusiastic young adults so people can SEE her heart and realize she'd be the one!

But probably she'd need to leave to do even that. Upside is, if she left, it might be better for the eventual kids. (I share the misgivings of others seeing kids being born into the Maxwellian life).

It appears the Maxwells have a pretty good fan base with all the traveling they do. Those girls have been to more states than I have, but somehow they are still in their isolated bubble. I wonder what Steve would think of Stacy Mcdonald's courtship questions. It's gonna take an emotionally STRONG young man to put up with Steve to get one of those women.

Here is the old blog post about this family who some might call friends:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/page/2/

I just adore those red and white polka dot plates!

The mother of the family doen't look that young in that picture of her with Terified but maybe it's just because she is so rail thin.

And while looking for that old post I came across with this:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/04/four-out-of-five/

Look who are there... the Muncks!

Oooh, look, the matching frumpers. I kind of miss the frumpers. Wonder why they started wearing just skirts.

Here is the old blog post about this family who some might call friends:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/page/2/

I just adore those red and white polka dot plates!

The mother of the family doen't look that young in that picture of her with Terified but maybe it's just because she is so rail thin.

I just read one of those old blog entries. The conference descriptions never change - she must cut and paste from one conference to the next. How sad - nothing ever changes for her.

I just read one of those old blog entries. The conference descriptions never change - she must cut and paste from one conference to the next. How sad - nothing ever changes for her.

Seriously. Except for the ages of the kids in the photos, would you even be able to tell any of the posts or photos apart? Same story, same people, same poses, same everything. You could write a bot to blog for them. Maybe they do have a bot running their blog.

Someone upthread wondered what would happen if they collected and sorted all their photos, just how many you will have of "girl posing with a smile over the sink making smoothies" or similar categories. All the Same, All the Time.

Oh wow. Interesting to think since that post was written; Christopher got married to NR-Anna and they had a baby, Nathan and Melanie had two more daughters, and Joseph and Elizabeth got engaged and then unengaged.

And Poor Sarah just keeps rolling along.

Archived