IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

Did anyone else feel really bad when Sarah posted a sign of Pennsylvania which is the state of independence? Oh the irony....

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else feel really bad when Sarah posted a sign of Pennsylvania which is the state of independence? Oh the irony....

My first thought was: "No Sarah, Pennsylvania does NOT welcome the Maxwells." Luckily, they were just passing through.

My fave part of Sarah's last post, even after being stuck with her family in Uriah for 700 miles:

Company = Awesome

Seriously, what do these people talk about all the time? It's the same routine, the same people and shared experiences day in and day out. No wonder The Cheese Paper Incident got so much attention. It's the highlight of their lives.

Honestly, how many pictures do we need of a smiling daughter posed over lettuce? Imagine if they sorted their photos by subject? A whole album devoted to kitchen prep with identical photos of each daughter- smiling, hair over the shoulder staring straight into the camera wielding a knife (although, I'm sure those could be Photoshopped to be interesting). Another dedicated to photographs of the highway; not anything on the highway, just the highway. Photographs taken over the back of Steve's head. Pack and Carry, a compilation of things being carried in and out of Uriah. I imagine they're well on their way to an album exclusively for fisheye shots of church basements. Do you think they would figure out that they're taking the same five or six pictures over and over and over again?

You can photograph a lot of those kinds of activities, especially cooking and sewing and whatnot, but you do it in a way that captures the personality of the person- oh, wait, never mind.

Uriah (and presumably the Maxwells) are mere miles from my house. We're having serious rain showers today from the tropical storm moving up the eastern seaboard, and I'm 38.5 weeks pregnant and exhausted. Tomorrow I plan to pass by the crazy fundie church and at least get some pictures!

I'm the next town over, and wish to God I could go. Hmmm--I COULD cut through Southington on my way to my play rehearsal in New Britain. Too bad I don't have the nun costume I'm wearing in the first scene!

For a while it was looking like the Big Apple BBQ might end up being under water so the Maxwells were temporarily back on my radar. Thankfully though, tomorrow looks promising and my Speedpass is a go! Next time, Maxwells, next time. Pork is on the horizon!

I'd pay good money to see Hane show up in a nun's outfit.

Honestly, how many pictures do we need of a smiling daughter posed over lettuce? Imagine if they sorted their photos by subject? A whole album devoted to kitchen prep with identical photos of each daughter- smiling, hair over the shoulder staring straight into the camera wielding a knife (although, I'm sure those could be Photoshopped to be interesting). Another dedicated to photographs of the highway; not anything on the highway, just the highway. Photographs taken over the back of Steve's head. Pack and Carry, a compilation of things being carried in and out of Uriah. I imagine they're well on their way to an album exclusively for fisheye shots of church basements. Do you think they would figure out that they're taking the same five or six pictures over and over and over again?

You can photograph a lot of those kinds of activities, especially cooking and sewing and whatnot, but you do it in a way that captures the personality of the person- oh, wait, never mind.

The Maxwells' candids are candidly uncandid.

:doh:

Several of us have commented on the mundane, unimaginative photos on the Maxwell blog. Someone on FJ once referred to rosylittlethings.typepad.com. Lots of lovely photos by someone who knows how to do the SAHM-with-a-home-business thing the right way.

Visiting Posie Gets Cozy is like a restful little vacation. Bonus: No pics of anyone cleaning (and grinning toothily while doing it)!

Thanks, Hane, that site's a wonderful cleanser! The Maxwell photos are (with the exception of most of the bus shots) technically pretty good, they've clearly got decent equipment and a fair idea how to use it, but totally devoid of any genuine feeling. I wonder if their music is the same. I clicked all the way back to some of the first entries and there's a slight difference in tone, maybe just because when they started with the blog it was some limited Maxwellian version of exciting. I mean, free soda and crazy balloon hats!? They were just handing out idols back in the day!

The Maxwell photos are (with the exception of most of the bus shots) technically pretty good, they've clearly got decent equipment and a fair idea how to use it, but totally devoid of any genuine feeling. I wonder if their music is the same.

I don't know if I'd call it "feeling," exactly, but the Maxwells' music definitely has...a certain je ne sais quoi. :lol:

I don't know if I'd call it "feeling," exactly, but the Maxwells' music definitely has...a certain je ne sais quoi. :lol:

Trust eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Obeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

There's no other waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Then to Trust eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Obeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Then to Trust eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Obeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

You forgot the line where Anna screeches " to be hapeeeeeeeeeeee in Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus"

Ok, I'm back. No pics because I didn't see Uriah. Not the report people here are looking for, but they really are a pleasant family and hold a good conversation. Not what I expected at all.

You forgot the line where Anna screeches " to be hapeeeeeeeeeeee in Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus"

For me their music is not feeling, it's bad visions which comes from their all time classic "Daddy On His Knees". You can just imagine that it was laid onto one of the reversal children's heart to burst into their bedroom with a back rub in full swing.

Ok, I'm back. No pics because I didn't see Uriah. Not the report people here are looking for, but they really are a pleasant family and hold a good conversation. Not what I expected at all.

I don't at all doubt that the appear to be pleasant. They are acting as simultaneous sales reps and living examples of the success of their products. I would expect them to be personable and if Sarah wasn't "sweet" as she describes everyone else to be I would be very surprised.

They are coming to NH next weekend for a weekend conference and I am going!!! Only get to go on Friday night but that will probably be enough. Anyone live near NH? :D

That is the report?! How many attendees and were materials selling? What were the sessions like? Is John really cute? There has to be some sort of report.... :naughty:

As per usual, where ever the Maxwells go chaos and carnage follow. Truck accidents and flooding this time.

That is the report?! How many attendees and were materials selling? What were the sessions like? Is John really cute? There has to be some sort of report.... :naughty:

It was a concert, sessions are today. There were maybe 150 ppl there(lots of kids). Materials were all their books, some CD's(music & I guess podcasts?), & itonramp. Just one small table.

The whole thing is one big sales pitch to flog their crap, they are hardly going going to be rude to people.... :roll:

I remember one FJer, treemom I believe, who said her sister sells things at homeschool conferences, and can easily make thousands of dollars from one large conference.

So, while they seem to have less smaller conferences, they do hit at least one big conference a year. That might make up for tons of small church conferences.

That was clibbyjo, not me. I do not have a sister. And my brother is def. not fundie or homeschooling.

That was clibbyjo, not me. I do not have a sister. And my brother is def. not fundie or homeschooling.

My bad.

I thought that transcriptions like the one above were grossly exaggerated--until I went to their site and found a sample clip of this abomination song. A first: never before has a speaker of English pronounced "and" as "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen."

I don't at all doubt that the appear to be pleasant. They are acting as simultaneous sales reps and living examples of the success of their products. I would expect them to be personable and if Sarah wasn't "sweet" as she describes everyone else to be I would be very surprised.

Lilith said it all for me!

But a Q for fundyfreak: on what topic(s) did you converse with them? TIA!

Archived