IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

newsflash....

New blog, looks like they taught a bunch of little kids how to make cards. More family bible time. They went out for Mexican with another family. (Hopefully the restaurant was smart enough to add the tip to their bill.)

Folks this is just another arrangged marriage, woo, I mewan COURTSHIP trip. :stir-pot:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks this is just another arrangged marriage, woo, I mewan COURTSHIP trip. :stir-pot:

That whole post seemed to read:

"See Anna will make an awesome Mom! Court her!"

That child magnet, Anna! And was there a young woman or two in one of those card making pictures? Joseph's house must be ready by now.

Can I say I kind of liked the N.H. family's colorful family room and dinning room.

The Maxwells have actually visited this family before. I remember seeing the young girl. I remember them because they are very stylish and pretty while still wearing Maxwell approved skirt lengths. I believe their kids are all much too young for Max-hell marriage.

I liked the little boy's red cowboy boots! I can't imagine any Maxwell Male ever wearing something so fun and age-appropriate.

That child magnet, Anna! And was there a young woman or two in one of those card making pictures? Joseph's house must be ready by now.

Can I say I kind of liked the N.H. family's colorful family room and dinning room.

Really? It made me wince.

Well, some might call Steve "direct", but I would find that kind of talk smug and self-righteous myself. How does Steve know any better than any of us who is going to heaven, who puts God above worldly things, etc.?

Not sure what you (or your friends, maybe) mean by the Maxwells accepting people who disagree with them. From what I understand, they don't allow questions or comments during their presentations, so how are they "accepting"?

And what made the teen sessions "great"?[/quote

The Maxwells apparently receive feedback such as abruptly leaving their lectures and negative e-mails. According to my friend, they "accept" such opinions and pray for those people. I am not sure of the details that made the teen sessions "great". I'll ask my friend for more details!

I liked it at first glance, because I'm drawn to bright colours and simple patterns, but then I realised it was the difference of seeing it on the Maxwell blog. It's actually a little too much of a Kindergarten classroom vibe for my taste, but compared to the Maxwell home's neutral tile, bad lighting, drab colours (it looks like my in-law's place!), it looks fresh and exotic. Who knew frumpers extended to decorating?!

I guess 'cause it was such a nice change from the Maxwell's dull colorless rooms that it caught my eye.

Well, I just hope Steve severely directly talks to that little boy's parents -- he's making an idol of Anna! So are all the other children who luvvvvv her!

Want to bet that Steve frowned visibly at the little boy in cowboy boots? Because they are not standard issue uniform.

I like the wall colors especially because Maxwell fans dare to use it in their homes. I'm well known for my bold color choices. It will be interesting to see if the family have Steved-up the home, next time we see them. And you know we will.

Finally, and I don't think this qualifies as snarking on a child, Anna must have a minimizer bra in her wardrobe. Her figure changes from blogpost to blogpost.

Finally, finally, one wonders who leads family Bible time when the Maxwells come a-callin'. Man of the house? Or does he defer to Saint Steven Of Holiness?

Well, I just hope Steve severely directly talks to that little boy's parents -- he's making an idol of Anna! So are all the other children who luvvvvv her!

Want to bet that Steve frowned visibly at the little boy in cowboy boots? Because they are not standard issue uniform.

I like the wall colors especially because Maxwell fans dare to use it in their homes. I'm well known for my bold color choices. It will be interesting to see if the family have Steved-up the home, next time we see them. And you know we will.

Finally, and I don't think this qualifies as snarking on a child, Anna must have a minimizer bra in her wardrobe. Her figure changes from blogpost to blogpost.

Finally, finally, one wonders who leads family Bible time when the Maxwells come a-callin'. Man of the house? Or does he defer to Saint Steven Of Holiness?

Is that a rhetorical question?

I am coveting those floor to ceiling blue cabinets in the second picture. So much storage space! *sigh*

What is up with fundies and card making? I've seen this is several places. What is so special about cards?

Anna's not a child, much as that concept may surprise her and her father. She's at least twenty.

What's the bet Sarah did too? What's the bet the age difference between Sarah and Anna is greater than the age difference between Sarah and the mother of that family?

There's one thing for sure, those boys will not be wearing shorts again after I bet Stevie had a quiet word with that family's headship.

Once again, Anna and Mary become babysitters for the host family instead of being in on adult conversations.

She will never find a husband this way.

I guess 'cause it was such a nice change from the Maxwell's dull colorless rooms that it caught my eye.

No I liked it, apart from the hideous flouncy curtain things. Almost a Cath Kidston look with the florals and checks. Blues and yellows, accent red and colourful kitchenware. Also a kitchen which is not boring wood coloured or white. YAY!!

They still had one of my pet hates. Those bloody signs FAMILY..or LOVE or whatever. Although nothing beats the Maxwell's JESUS on the maroon wall with the draylon blue suite screaming at it it. Makes my eyes hurt. :pink-shock:

Don't like that kitchen. I'm all for bright colors and in fact, my living room and dining room are done in yellow/French blue/red, but the effect of that kitchen and family room is a big miss. Clownish.

And I agree about the silly signs (Family etc.), which Anna Duggar also has in their house. Bleh. Those flouncy valances have got to go.

"Where We're At" - is that a real title? Did anyone learn any grammar at the SOTDRT?

Image 15: Someone needs some occupational therapy to re-learn how to hold a pencil. There is no wrist extension whatsoever and I see carpal tunnel, among other issues, in that person's future.

I love the house they're visiting. Makes Anna and Christopher's (isn't it them who we saw last week doing their dining room up) beige paint scheme look so sad.

What's the bet Sarah did too? What's the bet the age difference between Sarah and Anna is greater than the age difference between Sarah and the mother of that family?

I agree! My can't Steve & Teri find friends somewhat their own age.

Would they marry off Anna or Mary before Sarah?

I think if Steve managed to find a man suitable (which he won't), then yes, he's let Anna and even Mary go before Sarah. I honestly think Sarah is never going to get married now.

Archived