IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

You forgot the line where Anna screeches " to be hapeeeeeeeeeeee in Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus"

Oops! My bad how could I forget that?

Trust eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Obeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

There's no other waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

To be hapeeeeeeeeeeee in Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

Then to Trust eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Obeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Shoot I was going to post a link to the site with the samples to those who haven't heard it can take a listen, but the cut all the samples down to 7 sec. :cry:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crazy fundie church is on my way home from this morning's errands so I did a drive-by. Uriah is definitely there, but parked in back with the church's "bus ministry" school buses - it was not as visible from the road. The church parking lot proper was around 1/2 full with primarily large passenger vans, minivans, full size SUVs, etc.

Maybe a hundred yards down the road is the Sikh gurdwara, where there's something going on today. I wonder if the Sikhs have to deal with "soul winning" BS from the IFB church.

Curious that they don't even suggest prayers for the jack-knifed truck driver, or those whose lives have been affected by the floods.

Just Steve-hovah, gawdlike at the wheel, a son nearby, staring down the road.

And to be sure, "cute" is the word of the day.

Lilith said it all for me!

But a Q for fundyfreak: on what topic(s) did you converse with them? TIA!

We discussed everything from the weather to travel, family, etc. remarkably we never talked about religion(probably because my dh & I fit the fundy appearance mold nicely even though he abhorrs religion) they also never tried to sell us anything. I will say that I never knew that there were so many quiverful families near by! We have a bunch of kids but just because we like 'em & ship them off to public skoolz.

Ok, I'm back. No pics because I didn't see Uriah. Not the report people here are looking for, but they really are a pleasant family and hold a good conversation. Not what I expected at all.

Interesting! Not something I expected either.

So, apart fromfundyfreak, did any of the FJers considering going to the Maxwell thing this weekend actually go? If so, please can you report back (in detail if poss.)? I'm absolutely dying to hear about it!

The Maxwells' July conference is scheduled at Eagle Church of the Nazarene, near Boise ID. Fasten your seat belt, Stevie - according to Eagle Church's website, their "life groups" include a mixed social group!! :twisted:

Mixed groups consist of males and females, singles and marrieds.

Where can you find their complete itinerary? If they're coming to Maryland any time soon, I'd be happy to go on a little recon mission. :mrgreen:

The Maxwells' July conference is scheduled at Eagle Church of the Nazarene, near Boise ID. Fasten your seat belt, Stevie - according to Eagle Church's website, their "life groups" include a mixed social group!! :twisted:

Woohhoo!! Isn't that where John Marie lives???

Where can you find their complete itinerary? If they're coming to Maryland any time soon, I'd be happy to go on a little recon mission. :mrgreen:

titus2.com/conferences.html

Alas, nothing in Maryland. But they seem to do a fair amount of last-minute schedule changeups...

Woohhoo!! Isn't that where John Marie lives???

I'm about ready to give up on John Marie. It's been at least two years since FJ has been aware of him. Make a move already JM!

Excuse this, please, but I have to ask.

(From the newest blog post)

DSC_9333.jpg

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT SHIRT?

Is it a tank? A halter? WHAT IS IT?

(I don't think it looks bad, just ... so strange)

John Marie was carolling with the Maxwells this last Christmas, but I too have given up on him. Maybe he's found someone with a sane Father to marry.

Chibi Author - I suspect someone who doesn't really know anything about patterning combined the bodices from two different dress patterns to get a modest halter dress with full boobage cover. Look at the alignment in the side seam, the fabric wasn't cut out the same, which seems like it would be hard to do with factory aligned machines that cut out whole stacks of pieces at the same time.

Steve must have had a coronary when he saw that dress. It's like a neon sign that screams "I HAVE BOOBS!" I'm sure it will be Topic One during the next Maxwellian "What Not to Wear."

OY. What a mishmash of non-style, made even worse by the long sleeve black shirt underneath what appears to have started life as a halter sundress.

What I noticed first about that photo is how the woman with the weird shirt looks UNBELIEVABLY uncomfortable. Her shoulders are drawn up halfway to her ears and she looks terrified for some reason.

So, apart fromfundyfreak, did any of the FJers considering going to the Maxwell thing this weekend actually go? If so, please can you report back (in detail if poss.)? I'm absolutely dying to hear about it!

I know a homeschool family that did attend a couple of the sessions in CT. Apparently, Steve is quite direct in his lectures and asked how many would be prepared to go to heaven today. A bunch raised their hands. Steve, then asked something like, who puts God before their worldly interests?: i.e.-homes, hobbies, etc? Such direct talk offended some and they left the event! The Maxwells accept those who disagree with them, according to my friend. The sessions for the teens were great! And. Terri had her latest book there to sell.

I know a homeschool family that did attend a couple of the sessions in CT. Apparently, Steve is quite direct in his lectures and asked how many would be prepared to go to heaven today. A bunch raised their hands. Steve, then asked something like, who puts God before their worldly interests?: i.e.-homes, hobbies, etc? Such direct talk offended some and they left the event! The Maxwells accept those who disagree with them, according to my friend. The sessions for the teens were great! And. Terri had her latest book there to sell.

Well, some might call Steve "direct", but I would find that kind of talk smug and self-righteous myself. How does Steve know any better than any of us who is going to heaven, who puts God above worldly things, etc.?

Not sure what you (or your friends, maybe) mean by the Maxwells accepting people who disagree with them. From what I understand, they don't allow questions or comments during their presentations, so how are they "accepting"?

And what made the teen sessions "great"?

Do you know if most of the homeschoolers were "fundie" or homeschooled for other reasons? Such as they don't care for their public school, family convenience, etc.

Where I live, there are a group of homeschoolers who school for personal preference. They can't afford the private schools (most around 50k per year). They have group events and coop learning. Most wouldn't be very happy to be invited to a homeschool event to have the Maxwells give their judgemental opinions...

I couldn't attend Maxwellpalooza, but I live close to the town where it was held.

Fundie religious-type homeschooling isn't huge in Connecticut, but it seems to be growing, unfortunately. I know two families who started out mainstream Christian but who went down the rabbit hole.

I know several families who have homeschooled for secular reasons: kids who are professional performers ( like the 13-year-old twins in my church youth group) or who want greater academic challenges, for example.

Steve must have had a coronary when he saw that dress. It's like a neon sign that screams "I HAVE BOOBS!" I'm sure it will be Topic One during the next Maxwellian "What Not to Wear."

OY. What a mishmash of non-style, made even worse by the long sleeve black shirt underneath what appears to have started life as a halter sundress.

I'm surprised Stevus allowed that pic on his blog. I don't think I ever seen a shirt that screams "I've got BOOBS!" more than that.

Chibi Author - I suspect someone who doesn't really know anything about patterning combined the bodices from two different dress patterns to get a modest halter dress with full boobage cover. Look at the alignment in the side seam, the fabric wasn't cut out the same, which seems like it would be hard to do with factory aligned machines that cut out whole stacks of pieces at the same time.

I agree with you in that it does appear they combined two different dress/shirt patterns and the pattern of the fabric was not carefully matched. I would suggest remaking the dress/top in a larger size, use a solid colored fabric, forget about the halter thing, use the camisole top piece and make/buy a little bolero jacket out of a complimentary lightweight fabric to wear over it. That should make the outfit modest enough for most and still look very nice.

If that is too much work, just buy something off the rack that is modest and fits well. This whole "I'll just wear a long sleeved t-shirt under this immodest shirt/dress and that will fix it" business is dumb.

I agree with you in that it does appear they combined two different dress/shirt patterns and the pattern of the fabric was not carefully matched. I would suggest remaking the dress/top in a larger size, use a solid colored fabric, forget about the halter thing, use the camisole top piece and make/buy a little bolero jacket out of a complimentary lightweight fabric to wear over it. That should make the outfit modest enough for most and still look very nice.

If that is too much work, just buy something off the rack that is modest and fits well. This whole "I'll just wear a long sleeved t-shirt under this immodest shirt/dress and that will fix it" business is dumb.

I think you guys are right. I honestly thought that the picture was Photoshopped at first.

If she lost the shirt underneath, and it weren't for the odd fabric matching, I think it would look like a normal sundress (do they make halter sundresses with straps?), but it just looks wrong and uncomfortable as it is. And Sarah looks so pained.

newsflash....

New blog, looks like they taught a bunch of little kids how to make cards. More family bible time. They went out for Mexican with another family. (Hopefully the restaurant was smart enough to add the tip to their bill.)

Archived