IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 3

happy atheist

I didn't think the 29 suitcases were all that bad since there were about 25 of them. The thing that nobody seemed to mention is that while travelling - they didn't have to deal with those cases at all. They went on the bullet train to Kyoto and we didn't see a single case. They magically appeared at the hotel! Must be nice. :|

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing tops his cervical softening embarrassment of years back, but he is the horniest man alive. I am so totally sick of their hypocritical pda. It's apperently ok to embarrass the world because they are "married." I put that in quotes because not many married people over the age of 6 months married behave like that. He must have EXTREME little man syndrome.

The talk about "defrauding"? Anytime JB gets near Michelle "NIKE" should be plastered across the screne. :disgust:

What's worst is that he thinks these utterances are urbane, sophisticated and worldly. (Nudge-nudge, wink-wink.) Newsflash to Boob: we're already wise to you, so you may as well embrace your dorkitude.

From a tv-show standpoint (not from a snark, child welfare, or reality), I am liking this season. Of course, it's terrible to treat your family members like cattle. But....it's funny. I like Josh makes jokes at his expense, that Michelle and Anna can critique their headships without wincing/ducking, that the adults can hear and respect at least someone's education (the weight-loss episodes), that without the constant exhaustion of having many 'littles' the adults are waking up to the world around them - and it's not the same one they dived into fundieland to hide from.

Please, let this not make me into a Duggar-defender. All people deserve to find their own life paths, regardless of their body's appearance (whether they are cis-gendered, have skin tone, raised by wolves, etc). It's just entertaining, and that's all I expect of tv.

Damnit, this bullshit pulled 1.3 million eyeballs with a 0.4. Id love to see that broken down by time, my guess is that half the audience was gone by the second commercial.

What that DOES show is that the humpers want to see boob and dq, not "a day in the life" shit about the kids or smuggles. For some reason they want to see the standard crap... Adveshures!

Ugh

There is a hair of hope in that they pulled 1.030 M viewers so not quite such a large jump as back up to 1.3 M. I think they average the entire hour for the final rating.

Although I disapprove with Duggar parents, I think this episode was sad. For really the first time, we saw Michelle be human and reveal feelings other than keep sweet, only to be evaded emotionally by the Boob. Grandmother Mary was worn to a frazzle, unaided by any of the howlers, who are essentially illiterate and undisciplined. The little girls are starved for affection, attention, and real food. The J'slaves pontificate about experiences they've never had.

Moreover, the entire frame for the show...going to Puerto Rico for marriage counseling...was so odd as to be an episode for The Twilight Zone. The bathing attire, complete with ski belts to keep them from sinking. Michelle on a zipline with her uterus trailing after her in that skirt. Michelle's continuing humiliation by her husband. The car salesman and his missus using rebar and ziplines and snorkeling as metaphors for marriage.... It's simply bizarre beyond the telling.

Although I disapprove with Duggar parents, I think this episode was sad. For really the first time, we saw Michelle be human and reveal feelings other than keep sweet, only to be evaded emotionally by the Boob. Grandmother Mary was worn to a frazzle, unaided by any of the howlers, who are essentially illiterate and undisciplined. The little girls are starved for affection, attention, and real food. The J'slaves pontificate about experiences they've never had.

Moreover, the entire frame for the show...going to Puerto Rico for marriage counseling...was so odd as to be an episode for The Twilight Zone. The bathing attire, complete with ski belts to keep them from sinking. Michelle on a zipline with her uterus trailing after her in that skirt. Michelle's continuing humiliation by her husband. The car salesman and his missus using rebar and ziplines and snorkeling as metaphors for marriage.... It's simply bizarre beyond the telling.

Yea, I don't think JimBob took to heart what Michelle said. I feel like all she said was true ( especially with her saying that it seems to her that she carries most of the weight in the relationship ), but JimBob ignored it. He was like "Yea, yea, yea" when it came to the whole counseling stuff, but it went into one ear and out the other. I think he only wanted to go on the counseling retreat because it was a free vacation without having to deal with the kids.

Ski belts to keep them from sinking? Can't they just use life-preservers or something like that?

Finally, using rebar and putting it on your throat....that's a lawsuit waiting to happen! And the counselor said to JimBob that the reason why he couldn't bend the bar with his throat was because of his fear. No, that's not fear, it's common sense!

I want to believe that what Michelle said about JimBob and such was actually how she felt. I definitely believe how she felt about her having most of the burden in the relationship. But do I think Jim Bob listened...of course not! Because he's the man! Bleh...

In the words of my grandpa, each person in a relationship have to give 100%. Not 50/50. One hundred percent. It seems like Michelle is giving it her 100%, but Jim Bob is only giving 20. A relationship requires hard work from both the woman AND the man. The relationships the Duggars support seem to be where the women give it their all but the men don't.

Also, the Duggars and romance novels....looks like they'll never going to read Jane Austen, Jane Erye, Shakespeare...and a bunch of other great classical novels because they will cause stirring of bad desires! Bleh...

Hell, the J'slaves would never even be allowed to read the Betty Cavanna novels that we used to read in junior high in the late 60s. Our school librarian was always suggesting them to the girls.

:lol:

If Rod Serling came back to life just for that half hour he'd return to the Zone saying, "man, on my most creative day I couldn't have dreamt shit like that up."

The truth of their messed up dysfunctional family couldnt be closer to being revealed...are TLC doing this on purpose, showing us how miserable everyone is before they end the show for good?

We don't need to see anyone else be miserable on this show. There are so many things that I wish we could see, but Boob and Mullet won't admit that their kids are miserable, brainwashed and unable to do anything for themselves. I think that if and when another kid escapes, he or she will be similar to how Smugger is now. The world is all about me, and I am above it, because I was on a tv show.

I think that if and when another kid escapes, he or she will be similar to how Smugger is now. The world is all about me, and I am above it, because I was on a tv show.

I'm not so sure. Josh is the Duke of Duggar, Prince of Wales. He's had favored status all his life and that coupled with his personality - he was smug and annoying even as a teen - have turned him into the insufferable character who adds so much to our snarkfest today.

The only other kid I see possibly having that sort of attitude is Jessa. I think she considers herself a fundie princess and that's definitely thanks to the show.

I can't predict anything about the others except to say that I get the feeling that Jana is depressed and it seems Jill is content. Beyond that, I think it's safe to guess that most of the kids are going to have difficult lives once the show ends and the family tries to return to something they can't really ever return to. I wonder if that realization is at least part of the reason for the anxiety we saw in Michelle this week.

We don't need to see anyone else be miserable on this show. There are so many things that I wish we could see, but Boob and Mullet won't admit that their kids are miserable, brainwashed and unable to do anything for themselves. I think that if and when another kid escapes, he or she will be similar to how Smugger is now. The world is all about me, and I am above it, because I was on a tv show.

It would be good not to see anyone miserable, if that would mean that they are truly, honestly, not miserable. It's good to be happy if that is what they really are and not being made to look so by their over-controlling parents.

However, I have no problem as a teevee watcher seeing miserable people. Not because of schadenfreude, but I think it would shed some light on what it is like living Duggar, and all the people out there in leghump land might realize, hey, it's not that great.

My daughter is going to be 15 next month. I asked her if she wanted me to "book" the Duggars girls to come speak. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think someone hit the nail on the head when they said that now that Michelle is not breeding nonstop, and she has to take a look at what she has actually created, the reality (or as much as she can comprehend of reality) is getting to her. JBoob talks nonstop about wanting No. 20--and I think she's figured out that that's not in the cards (and that seems to be the only thing he talks about--is she starting to realize that even to him she is just a breeding machine? Her oldest son is completely incapable of supporting his family, and I also suspect Anna is digging in her heels a little. Her older girls aren't getting any younger, and there doesn't seem to be a long line of well-off fundie young men lining up at the door for JBoob to vet before giving permission to speak to his daughters. Grandma Duggar also isn't getting any younger, and Jill and Jana are spending at least some time playing midwife, so at some point Michelle is going to have to pick up some of the burden of raising her younger children. Plus the mainstream media is less and less interested, and she may be realizing that outside of Gothardland, her "fans" are people who just consider her whole family to be a bizarre freak show.

I see a major breakdown in the works.

Hell, the J'slaves would never even be allowed to read the Betty Cavanna novels that we used to read in junior high in the late 60s. Our school librarian was always suggesting them to the girls.

I can see J'Chelle storming down to the library and shouting at the librarian for recommending The Ruby Hat of Omar Khayayayay. Or Elinor Glyn.

During the frantic clean up before JB & Michelle returned from their sexy vacation time, one of the howler boys was taking out the trash and it made a horrible crashing noise. His explanation "pickle jars". Does Tontitown not do any recycling? Our garbage here in Southern Ontario has garbage, carboard, paper, cans & bottles, garden waste, and compost.

Even if there isn't a regular recycling pick up, there is a recycling centre in the area. I know 'cause I looked. Which is probably more than they ever did.

During the frantic clean up before JB & Michelle returned from their sexy vacation time, one of the howler boys was taking out the trash and it made a horrible crashing noise. His explanation "pickle jars". Does Tontitown not do any recycling? Our garbage here in Southern Ontario has garbage, carboard, paper, cans & bottles, garden waste, and compost.

Even if there isn't a regular recycling pick up, there is a recycling centre in the area. I know 'cause I looked. Which is probably more than they ever did.

Considering their plates, cups, and silverware are all disposable I dont think the Duggars can be bothered with recycling.

I can just picture the Clown car sliding down a zip line defrauding and devastating a strip of plants and animals as she slides down.

Considering their plates, cups, and silverware are all disposable I dont think the Duggars can be bothered with recycling.

That's because recycling is a myth and we'll always have landfill space :roll:

MrsYoungie, some rural areas only offer one huge trash bin for everything and I'm assuming that's the case with the Duggars. Doesn't make it okay for them to not recycle but like Buzzard said, I'm sure it's too much trouble to separate items appropriately and then haul them off.

They say they don't read romance novels because it might stir up desires that "can't be righteously fulfilled." They said the exact same thing when asked about why they don't dance and why they don't wear normal bathing suits. My God, it's like pulling a string on a talking baby doll and listening to it repeat stuff over and over again.

They say they don't read romance novels because it might stir up desires that "can't be righteously fulfilled." They said the exact same thing when asked about why they don't dance and why they don't wear normal bathing suits. My God, it's like pulling a string on a talking baby doll and listening to it repeat stuff over and over again.

Are they completely and totally afraid of willpower? I just saw a burger king commercial; I want a hamburger. I cannot get a hamburger right now so I will shrug my shoulders and go about my life. Just because a "desire" cant be fulfilled does not make it impossible to overcome. Burger king is bad for me, it is far, I am tired. Therefore, I will eat yogurt.

Are they completely and totally afraid of willpower? I just saw a burger king commercial; I want a hamburger. I cannot get a hamburger right now so I will shrug my shoulders and go about my life. Just because a "desire" cant be fulfilled does not make it impossible to overcome. Burger king is bad for me, it is far, I am tired. Therefore, I will eat yogurt.

Example 2: I see a llama on petfinder. I want the llama. I obviously can not get a llama, so do I whine to my mom? Well maybe jokingly kind of whine, but not a serious whine that a spoiled brat would give. Anyways, I whine in a jokingly way and then go on with my life. I agree with you. Just because a "desire" can not be fulfilled does not mean it's impossible to overcome. It's seems to that that you can only "desire" things that you know you will get like a husband.

They have to squash any desire the girls might have. Otherwise, the girls might want to do things like hang out with people their own age, get a job, or go to college. They dont want the girls to think about doing anything but being a good mom and wife.

Archived