IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

I have a really lovely spinach salad recipe that I only make in early summer. Reason being, it is actually a vehicle for strawberries, so I wait until there are good local strawberries around. So it's just spinach, sliced strawberries, and sliced mushrooms, with a dressing made with cashews, honey, dill, and garlic. I wanted local spinach from the farmers' market too, but struck out in the category at the market.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yellow split pea spread (like a hummus) with pita and avocado.

How did I miss this earlier? Isn't that called "fava" in Greek, right? If it's what I'm thinking of, it's super yummy.

We're having Good Mother Stallard beans cooked with carrot, celery, and onion, spiked with a bit of sherry vinegar, and served over penne.

How did I miss this earlier? Isn't that called "fava" in Greek, right? If it's what I'm thinking of, it's super yummy.

We're having Good Mother Stallard beans cooked with carrot, celery, and onion, spiked with a bit of sherry vinegar, and served over penne.

Yes indeed, it is fava. Cheap, easy, and yummy. :mrgreen:

First BLTs of the summer with guacamole, chips and cherries.

More pizza and carrot salad.

Wanted something easy, because we're cooking for a picnic for tomorrow-- The Partner is making rhubarb scones, and I'm making a South Indian cucumber salad and a spicy dal and rice dish that can be served cold.

The weather went to pot here again. :( Made a soup of giant lima beans, onions, carrots, garlic, bacon and spinach. Have been assigned to make a couscous salad for the bbq tomorrow.

I went out with friends for Puerto Rican food; in my case, that meant black beans and rice, salad, fried plantain, excellent limeade, and some amazing coconut pudding.

The weather went to pot here again. :( Made a soup of giant lima beans, onions, carrots, garlic, bacon and spinach. Have been assigned to make a couscous salad for the bbq tomorrow.

The weather is always to pot here :lol:

Today though is a really nice 17 degrees and sunny. Practically tropical.

But I have been to 8 parties in 12 days of which 6 were bbq's. If I see another chicken wing, pork belly or grilled halloumi I'm going to explode.

SO comfort food. Bacon and yellow split pea stew. Wintery but the comfort aspect is needed 8-)

Also found my garden rhubarb is ready so may make a fool.

clean out the produce bin night here. i made a sauteed mess resembling something edible involving eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and basil topped with leftover spicy marinara. it was better than going to the grocery store or wasting food, but other than that, it was pretty blah :(

dinner was supposed to be traditional friday eggplant pizza, but we had too many other yummy fruits and veggies to eat. salad, nectarines, roasted peppers, grilled onions, sauteed spinach w/ garlic, and watermelon. low on protein, but so delicious that i don't even care!

It was hot and no one wanted to cook, so: Pizza with leftover Italian broccoli and cauliflower salad to be slightly virtuous.

There are good tomatoes now!

We made Greek salad and herby, garlicky butter beans. The Partner announced that he was full enough to put off dessert (apricot compote, to be had with pistachios and yogurt) until breakfast. But I am making cherry jam and he was not too full to clean out the pan with a spoon.

Making the Thai-inspired dinner I meant to make last Friday, because I was moved at the last minute to make stuffed tomatoes on Friday instead.

Last night I made thai ground turkey with basil. Added a pepper that was on its last legs and green beans into the stirfry. I'm getting better with the Thai food at home.

Gazpacho. Crackers with marinated whipped goat cheese. Marcona almonds. For dessert, I had a piece of toast with melted chocolate. The Partner had toast with cherry jam.

The last of our steer's tenderloin, marinated whole in Stubbs marinade(the ONLY retail marinade I will use) and grilled whole. It turned out superb. We paired it with a Chilean wine.

We had potatoes and herbed veggies too but against that superb beef (home raised on pasture) and the wine they arent worth mentioning...

Archived