IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steaks, sweet potatoes and parsnips all done on the grill. Strawberries with whipped cream for dessert.

Grilled pork tenderloin, corn, potato Cobb salad, and homemade apricot ice cream.

I have never made ice-cream :( Jealous.

I really want to but wonder does the cost of the machine outweigh how good my local ice-cream is. Want to try it though.

We have this daft football thing that the kids can throw about and makes ice-cream. It is fun but I am tempted to get an ice-cream doo-dad.

I have never made ice-cream :( Jealous.

I really want to but wonder does the cost of the machine outweigh how good my local ice-cream is. Want to try it though.

We have this daft football thing that the kids can throw about and makes ice-cream. It is fun but I am tempted to get an ice-cream doo-dad.

You can make ice cream in a bag: http://www.curiouscook.com/site/2008/08 ... a-bag.html

I love our ice cream maker, but if I'm going to try making a little test batch of something, I still use the bag method.

Tonight's dinner: Gingery stir-fried collard greens and bell peppers with smoked tofu. Rice. Contemplating a little ice cream; it may be the power of suggestion. :)

You can make ice cream in a bag: http://www.curiouscook.com/site/2008/08 ... a-bag.html

I love our ice cream maker, but if I'm going to try making a little test batch of something, I still use the bag method.

Tonight's dinner: Gingery stir-fried collard greens and bell peppers with smoked tofu. Rice. Contemplating a little ice cream; it may be the power of suggestion. :)

Thanks so much for linking to this homemade ice-cream method! I am super pumped to try it. Unfortunately, real ice cream kind of bothers my stomach, but I've been eating a ridiculous amount of frozen yogurt lately because it's been so hot out, and it doesn't seem to bother me as much. My plan is to try the method with a frozen yogurt recipe.

You're welcome, wtylcf! Let me know how your experiments turn out, if you feel like it.

Crepes tonight. For savory: cherry tomato, cheese, and onion. For sweet, fig ice cream with balsamic vinegar, drizzled over top with melted dark chocolate.

I made one of my favorite Jeanne Lemlin recipes - a tortellini green bean salad with cold tomato pesto and toasted pine nuts. I had the really nice Roma green beans from the farmers' market and wanted to make sure I used them up.

My job has been pretty hectic right now. So dinner this evening was a burger and onion rings from Sonic Drive in. Maybe I will make salad for lunch tomorrow. Then again maybe not. :smile:

Burger King today. I worked until 6:00 and my husband had spent the day tearing down our deck ( new one goes in tomorrow) so nothing was cooked.

Since it's rather hot today, just cooked ricotta dumplings with pineapple compote.

For tomorrow I'm making stuffed pepperes (stuffed with minced meat and rice, baked in the oven with tomato sauce).

not-sister-in-law's Greek potatoes. Is there anything better than a great recipe from a friend/family member that reminds you of them every time you cook it? not-MIL tends to tell not-SIL, "This recipe is so good, you should publish it!" I agree, but NSIL swears she read it off of the back of a bottle of greek dressing so it's not original.

It's a casserole of potatoes, roasted till almost done and quite brown, then covered with onions, fresh tomatoes, olives, herbs, salt and pepper. Finished with a homemade greek dressing of fresh lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and herbs. Fresh feta and basil are added at the end of cooking. We're adding some chicken at the same time as the veggies for some extra protein.

We're having grilled tuna steaks and a mixed salad of rocket, avocado, feta, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, olives etc., followed by strawberry-rhubarb crumb bars. I love summer fruits!

Trying the ice-cream in a bag tonight ..kid very excited :D

Back from camping. We haven't had time to go shopping, and market day is tomorrow, so we're raiding the freezer and pantry for provisions-- we'll have corn and roasted onion pizza tonight along with a salad of shredded carrot with raisins and nuts.

Favorite camping food this year: Take whole eggplant. Set it on a metal grate above fire, turning it occasionally until the skin is as evenly blackened as possible and the inside is collapsing like a toasted marshmallow. Let it cool enough to peel. Mash it with a couple of forks. Stir in roasted garlic, salt and pepper, olive oil and lime or lemon. Eat on bread. The youngest of my niblings ate up a test portion, then cried until more was forthcoming.

Salad of sweet corn, tomatoes, white beans, and basil. If we get our respective acts together tonight, we'll be making a huckleberry tart (using some lavender and honey-spiked goat cheese to help the fruit adhere).

Dinner party yesterday with 2 guests. We made 2 pork tenderloins with a Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar rub, wrapped in prosciutto. Dry-roasted potatoes on the side, and a strawberry, honey, almond, Shallot and camembert salad to start with a lemon vinaigrette. I made a salad for myself with chives instead of onions and maple syrup instead of honey to suit my FODMAPs diet and it wasn't too weird.

Archived