IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

I have got to give Pris props for being up and washed and dressed that soon after squeezing out a rather huge baby. Maybe it is the resiliency of youth, but my kid weighed a full pound less and I couldn't sit comfortably for days! WTF David having her make a flipping video 12 hours later? Couldn't he just post a pic on the website and do YouTube later? All she likely wants is a nap, a good meal and rest. You know these videos take planning and likely a couple runthroughs before they film. I guess his desire to minister to the masses trumps her needs.

I hope Paul didn't "meet the plumbing line" for crying while Daddy and Mommy made a video.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He described watching the birth as 'NEAT.'

My child birth was far from bloody neat. My darling partner described it as 'the vaginal apocalypse.'

I know it is an Americanism ..but seriously :lol:

Lovely big boy though.

I wonder who filmed this. You can see the mike shadow wobbling a lot. Let's start a sweep on little pecan no. 2 arriving.

That's a big pecan! David makes me want to vomit when he said something to the effect that the birth took longer than expected. Does he know anything about childbirth? It looks like it was a homebirth. Poor Prissy -- that's a big baby and the first time is harder! I'm sure she probably had to have some stitches, but I think midwives can do that, right? She looks good, but sounds dazed (even more so than usual). I hope David is letting her get some sleep -- it looks like they've got quite a houseful of guests.

Darling shelled pecan.

But, help me here... Is the whole fucking family having a meal, with Pris holding the baby, and it is dark outside? So that means it was likely BREAKFAST after baby born but before sunrise? Am I confused?!? (could be all the chardonnay. I dunno.)

I don't know that being up and around that soon after the birth is all that weird. My kid was a bit bigger and had a gigantic head and linebacker shoulders, I'm tiny (but I have hips for days, thank goodness) and although I had a very long labor I was up and around and feeling fine immediately afterward.

okay, who posted "He looks as cute as a little pecan pie! Congrats!"

:lol:

I think it must have been Kylie M ;) ;)

So I take it the true reason of choosing baby Pecan's middle name of William is to name him after Bill Gothard?

I don't know that being up and around that soon after the birth is all that weird. My kid was a bit bigger and had a gigantic head and linebacker shoulders, I'm tiny (but I have hips for days, thank goodness) and although I had a very long labor I was up and around and feeling fine immediately afterward.

Yep, I was up and walking around just fine right afterward too (no anesthetic for birth). But after my first baby, I did get a lot of swelling "down there" so had to take ibuprofen to keep it at bay. The second time, no swelling so even faster "up and at 'em". I hope everyone at Prissy's home is waiting on her hand and foot and that if she wants to lie in bed all day, they let her.

Ugh. Why do fundies say 'neat' so much?

Gosh, Priscilla. That's a big boy. I hope she's drugged up to the nines.

Are bigger babies usually overdue?

Maybe it is just me, but she comes across more child-like than I have seen her before. I become more and more creeped out by each video I see of them. The way she acts while he speaks to her as though she is a child and the brushing away of her hair. It all makes me so uncomfortable...

And I just realized one of the things that freaks me out so much about David. He reminds me of John Mark Karr, the guy who lied about murdering Jon Benet Ramsey. Not so much how David looks, but his mannerisms and his body language.

Good luck, poor little pecan. I hope you can overcome this unfortunate situation in which you have been placed.

Didn't see the video yet, only the pictures - but little Pecan really is a cutie pie!! Glad he and Prissy are well after some unexpected-for-David long fundie-birth.

Do you really think Pauls birthday was today? Do they have so many people around? Does Priscilla look SO good immediately after giving birth? She doesn't look exhausted, just like she's not wearing make up, don't you think? Lucky lady!

Boy that leather couch on the last pics looks comfy, I want to cuddle up with Cil... :D Have you seen Davids Twatter? Not that he tweets a lot, but his nickname "DavidNCil"... do you think he's calling her Cil??? That sounds so gangster for Davy... "yo cil, 'sup!?"

Prissy looks good because she's still on the high of giving birth. A lot of new mothers are the same way. No matter how hard it was or how long it was, you just are so naturally high. It's an amazing experience.

But David moving her hair back is yucky. He is so completely unnatural when appreciating what she just did for him (producing a male heir, and a big one at that). Baby Pecan is adorable -- it's too bad he will be raised into that household.

And within the next couple of days, Prissy will start nursing 'round the clock, so he'd better learn to fend for himself. Oh, wait, fundie boys don't fend for themselves. So get up off that couch where you're nursing and make a meal, Prissy!

She just looks tired and touched out. Giving birth did that to me. I love dh, but after hours and hours of people all up in my business and then a n00b suddenly attached to me 24/7, just don't touch me. Make me dinner and let me pee.

However, I think men are usually pretty humbled when watching their SO give birth, so the giddiness and over affectionate stuff is probably just the whole "Whoa" thing. Dh was the same way.

And I'm always jealous of those women who just gave birth and bounced back. I did not, lol. She really looks great, she already lost the puffy pregnant face.

Ad lastly, my dh has a really high tolerance for gross stuff and also found birth fascinating. 12 years later he will still describe it in pretty vivd detail, he watched everything and held my barf bucket, lol.

And the training is apparently starting....Priss is holding up and showing off the book "BabyWise" by Ezzo in the 2nd to the last pic in the blog post. How can they not see that the methods in this book are just dangerous? Makes me very sad for this baby that he will be ignored by his parents when he needs something.

Such a cute baby and I'm happy that mommy and son are ok, but the name makes me think of rapper Paul Wall. *giggles* :doh:

(If you don't know who I'm talking about, this is him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wall)

I predict he's gonna grow up to be a Christian rapper. Stage name Lil P-Can.

His Dad, who just happens to be the Whitest Person in the World, will be horrified. Keep it real, Lil P-Can.

:character-blues:

And the training is apparently starting....Priss is holding up and showing off the book "BabyWise" by Ezzo in the 2nd to the last pic in the blog post. How can they not see that the methods in this book are just dangerous? Makes me very sad for this baby that he will be ignored by his parents when he needs something.

Nooooooooooooooo! What an awful book/method/person that Ezzo is!

:o

There are no words. Poor kid.

Glad the birth went ok, though the baby won't be ok for long if they are using BabyWise.

I am now going to give David and Priscilla a pass on looking so alike. I have had two people in the last two days say that my husband and I look alike (with one asking if we were brother and sister), even though we have different hair color, different eye color, and different heights. I think it's that we both have long hair and "look Jewish" . . .

QqdAAl6JgME

OK, so she gives birth to a NINE POUND baby less than 12 hours before the video yet he has her sitting up on the couch in a button down shirt and he's well scrubbed in his khakis and a belt. I'm guessing letting her sleep it off and stay in bed wasnt an option.

"The staff" that worked with us sounds like he went to a birth center or something of the sort. If it was a hospital birth I dont think they'd let them out that fast (unless they went AMA and couldnt pay). If it was a midwife or something you had a relationship with I dont know that I'd call them "staff."

I guess we see what happens tomorrow since we know the Duggars will be in the area. I'm glad to see he's a nice, healthy, full term baby and Priss came through it without danger.

Pecan Waller is born. Praise teh lawd!

Depending what time the birth is you can be home in a few hours. The only thing that kept us at the hospital for 12 was getting the ped in and the hearing test done, both of which needed to be done in office hours.

What a cute baby. And I like the name, too.

Wasn't familiar with Babywise so looked it up. Oh boy, the training begins. So sad. Not to mention he's got the pecan heist awaiting him as a lesson.

Just saw the post-birth pics on their website. I recall that bed comforter from the pee stick video. So home birth, looks like.

Ugh. Why do fundies say 'neat' so much?

Gosh, Priscilla. That's a big boy. I hope she's drugged up to the nines.

Are bigger babies usually overdue?

I think it's more like overdue babies are bigger. The largeness of the baby doesn't necessarily determine a later delivery, but a post-due baby has, of course, been in there continuing to grow and gain weight.

After my two, I was up and at 'em, even though I was sore (notice how she's leaning back on the couch, taking pressure off... well, you know - I loved those ice pack-type pads). I'd just had a baby; who could sleep at a time like that?? A few hours' sleep was all I needed. It wasn't until a day or two later that the adrenaline rush wore off and the effects of the round-the-clock feedings and anemia set in.

Cute little pecan.

i cannot believe these two have procreated, that they're responsible for a human being

good luck paul, you'll need it

my dh has a really high tolerance for gross stuff and also found birth fascinating. 12 years later he will still describe it in pretty vivd detail, he watched everything

As long as he didn't recount my vivid details while we are dining out with friends, I'd find this trait charming in a husband.

Archived