IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

Wow, I can not imagine looking that good 12 hours after birth ! Seriously, huge baby, a youtube video and she has her hair combed and in a button up shirt the same day ? Damn, I feel inadequate.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY daughterlooked that good an hour after birth! Her Dr said she is one of those lucky people-at 6 weeks post partum she weighs less than she did before sh egot pG!!

But man that is one whopper of a pecan!!

Priscilla's strange, slow manner is never more obvious than in this video. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was still feeling the after effects of drugs but, after a fundie birth, it's unlikely.

I disagree.

She's more animated and natural than we've seen her in other videos. She seems to want to get her thoughts out quicker than she actually can. I'm thinking now maybe her problem has something to do with tongue and lip muscles. She appears to have difficulty forming her lips, and getting her tongue to work properly when she talks, almost like her tongue is novocained (is that a verb, or did I just fundi-ize it??).

I'm a little surprised that Isaac wasn't part of his name, but maybe Adam will use that as a name for one of his future kids? (Isaac was the Waller brother who died, and Adam's fraternal twin).

Either way, I'm glad both Priscilla and the baby are healthy and fine. David and Priscilla seem very happy. As much as David can come off as smarmy, I do think he cares about Priscilla. I can't imagine a fundie guy knows what to expect when watching his wife birth such a big baby, and yet he seems to have handled it just fine.

She could just be exhausted. He is such a big baby and so cute! David looks truly happy for the first time in a video with Priscilla. Despite what I view as contained resentment at his situation, I believe he is happy to be a father. Hopefully he will be a good one as well. I don't have much faith, but I wish the best for that new little life.

Beautiful baby. Priscilla looks beautiful. I wanted to kick David when he told the name of the baby like he was talking to 2 year olds.

That's a nice name. Although if you say "Paul Waller" fast a few times in a row you'll feel disoriented.

Baby Wallerby is so sweet.

I think Moreorlessnu is on to something. Watching the video with the sound on mute, I'm wondering if Priscilla is actually tongue-tied?

He actually called her "my little darling wife." Shudder.

I wonder what he calls Robert? ;)

Baby Wallerby is so sweet.

I think Moreorlessnu is on to something. Watching the video with the sound on mute, I'm wondering if Priscilla is actually tongue-tied?

That is something to consider. Priscilla does move her mouth oddly. I'll have to look in Alison Hazelbaker's book on tongue-tie to see if I can find more clues. Alison was herself tongue-tied and only had the tie released at the age of 42. Unreleased tongue-tie can cause speech issues and dental problems, and in infants, feeding problems. I hope for her baby's sake that they recognize if she is tongue-tied as it can run in families and frankly, if she tongue-tied, she ought to have it taken care of. It's not too late.

okay, who posted "He looks as cute as a little pecan pie! Congrats!"

:lol:

I just came to ask the same thing! 'fess up!

QqdAAl6JgME

OK, so she gives birth to a NINE POUND baby less than 12 hours before the video yet he has her sitting up on the couch in a button down shirt and he's well scrubbed in his khakis and a belt. I'm guessing letting her sleep it off and stay in bed wasnt an option.

"The staff" that worked with us sounds like he went to a birth center or something of the sort. If it was a hospital birth I dont think they'd let them out that fast (unless they went AMA and couldnt pay). If it was a midwife or something you had a relationship with I dont know that I'd call them "staff."

I guess we see what happens tomorrow since we know the Duggars will be in the area. I'm glad to see he's a nice, healthy, full term baby and Priss came through it without danger.

Pecan Waller is born. Praise teh lawd!

My first birth was a mess so I wouldn't have been up to that. Second was at home and was quick and perfect and I was healthy so I was up and fine. Third was a home to hospital transfer and we left 8 hours after admission. Just needed the dr and pediatrician to sign off on it which was no problem. Tho I later realized I was billed by the ped. for this service.

So, congrats to them, he is very cute and st least she seems like she will be a gentle, devoted mother.

OK, so she gives birth to a NINE POUND baby less than 12 hours before the video yet he has her sitting up on the couch in a button down shirt and he's well scrubbed in his khakis and a belt. I'm guessing letting her sleep it off and stay in bed wasnt an option.

"The staff" that worked with us sounds like he went to a birth center or something of the sort. If it was a hospital birth I dont think they'd let them out that fast (unless they went AMA and couldnt pay). If it was a midwife or something you had a relationship with I dont know that I'd call them "staff."

I guess we see what happens tomorrow since we know the Duggars will be in the area. I'm glad to see he's a nice, healthy, full term baby and Priss came through it without danger.

Pecan Waller is born. Praise teh lawd!

Not bragging but my first was over 10 pounds, I was up walking around to receive visitors 4 hours later (they couldn't come onto the ward because it was outside visiting ours so I went out to reception to see them) and I went home after twelve hours. Sometimes recovery from birth is easy. (Recovery from baby 2 wasn't quite as sweet - was over 24 hours before I could walk again thanks to a reaction to the pethadine.) I am really glad things seem to have gone well for Pris.

I wish her all the best, hope she gets plenty of rest and that Paul is an easy baby.

On a personal note, the fundiest of fundies in my family is also called "Paul" and it is a name that makes my husband twitch. I look forward to telling him that little pecan will also be a "Paul".

Aww he is a cute little pecan!

I agree with whoever said this is about the most natural we have ever seen these two. And dare I say...David comes across likeable here? Asides from the Jesusy nonsense they come off as nice people. Too bad they follow Gothard.

Priscilla definitely seems to have some sort of issue connecting her thoughts to her speech. Maybe she isn't so much developmentally delayed as it is a speech impediment. It kind of reminds me of the folks who I know who stutter....they have a similar stilted way of speaking when they are consciously working to not stutter when they speak.

At any rate I thinks she is genuine and will do her best to be a good mother. Hopefully she won't be doing any blanket training with Pecan Jr.

Riffles

I think Priscilla speaks just like her sister, Anna. She speaks a little more slowly, but I just always thought it's because maybe she's a quieter, shyer person. I figured it was a family thing. Well congrats to them having a healthy baby. I would've wanted to deliver that huge little guy in a hospital with an epidural lol.

Not a terrible name. I've heard worse. I wonder if they'll do all P and D names... Paul and Danielle and Penelope and Dylan, etc. They seem the type.

QqdAAl6JgME

If you listen to Prissy, that baby was nearly !0!! pounds. She says he was 9 pounds 11 ounces, doesn't she? I hope they were at a birthing center so she could have drugs and be properly sewn up if there was any tearing (do midwives do sewing up?). A baby that big could result in a pretty bad tear :(

edit because bitching and birthing are not the same word

If you listen to Prissy, that baby was nearly !0!! pounds. She says he was 9 pounds 11 ounces, doesn't she? I hope they were at a birthing center so she could have drugs and be properly sewn up if there was any tearing (do midwives do sewing up?). A baby that big could result in a pretty bad tear :(

edit because bitching and birthing are not the same word

Not mutually exclusive either!

There are currently no birthing centers in Illinois (though the first one is currently under construction). Since they are out in Oak Brook I would venture to say if they did thr hospital route it would have been at Western Suburban. They are also known as the hospital to go to that is more willing to accommodate more "alternative" births.

Archived