IGNORED

LOL Duggars

ladypuglover

Guest Anonymous

WTF is Michelle doing holding a musical instrument? She and Boob have admitted they are tone deaf and can't play instruments, but "wanted their children to learn music." Parsed as "Gothard demands the children learn to play at least one instrument as part of their ATI upbringing." I know I've actually seen that in print somewhere.

Disingenuous much, Boob? A nice political pic that makes it look like Michelle taught her kids how to play. Bullshit meter is at a bizillion.

My own meter is clacking like a geiger counter.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Break Down? Michelle?? What did I miss??

And by the way, this is a great thread! :) :)

Michelle mentioned, either in a book on her website, that she had serious doubts when she had a bunch of kids under 5 or 6. She was overwhelmed and exhausted with the sheer amount of work, including getting up in the middle of the night to change loads of laundry. One night she broke down and cried from stress, fatigue, and probably hormones.

Then she got her piano teacher to help with laundry, and she soon after her oldest kids were old enough to take on a lot of chores. So instead of deciding to space out future pregnancies, she just kept going at the same pace.

OK, my first attempt at an LOL. I couldn't help but think this when I saw this photo!

6034004236_3b2273d852.jpg

Edited to, um, add the actual image since I did something wrong the first time! :shifty:

I actually think Michelle looks gorgeous here. She looks like she's straight out of the 50's with her hair/make-up and dress. She looks...dare I say... STYLISH and CLASSY? :shock:

I never compliment Michelle on anything, but I find this picture of her to be pretty.

I actually think Michelle looks gorgeous here. She looks like she's straight out of the 50's with her hair/make-up and dress. She looks...dare I say... STYLISH and CLASSY? :shock:

I never compliment Michelle on anything, but I find this picture of her to be pretty.

She does look much less harried than in the other family photos. (Her face actually reminds me of Shannen Doherty here.) It's, just, that leering Jim Bob head hovering over their shoulders - couldn't he just stand next to them like a normal person?? I remember this photo technique from back in the day when it was popular, and this is the first time I've ever seen it used for an adult - I remember seeing it used for solo children portraits, so you'd have their profile hovering in the corner above their straight-on pose.

I've seen it used on adults. It was like, the thing, for a while. So while I find it silly, I don't necessarily find it creepy, except in the way that I always find Jim Bob creepy. Michelle is such a sad case to me. I think had she met a different guy at hte right time, her life would be immeasurably better and happier -- a few kids that she actually pays attention to, normal mainstream stay at home mom/wife, maybe a part time job when the kids get older, better hair and clothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh! Yucks! Did anyone see the episode where they all give advice to baby Michael? This pic reminds me of that. Michelle said "well, he's got lots of cousins to play with. Oh, wait...I guess their aunts and uncles." :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh no, the Bateses are hanging around a Duggar thread! :P

2wcle8y.jpg

Wow, with that smirk, Erin is a facial carbon copy of her mother. As her sister Tori once said about paint, "YUCK!"

Sorry, I do not find Kelly Bates attractive at all, even before she became a brood mare.

This picture was probably taken right around the time that Michelle had the break down and couldn't handle the work and stress. They look almost normal in that picture and it makes me wonder how life would have turned out for all of them if Michelle had made a different decision at that critical point and just went fundie-lite instead of doubling down on super-extreme fundie.

Michelle had a breakdown? Was she hospitalized?

Nell

14tbzox.jpg

Michelle had a breakdown? Was she hospitalized?

No, no hospitalization (MEDICINE IS BAD). She was doing laundry and realized and realized 7 kids under 7 is overwhelming. From that point on they started getting help around the house from outsiders and the buddy system was implemented. She also stopped really caring for the kids and became a walking uterus from that point on.

Like father, son. Wish I could find a pic online. I did find one with both of them cupping their wives' pregnant bellies. Yet another skeevy moment provided by the Duggars.

400_jbduggar_mduggar_aduggar_jduggar_091009_senlow_tlc.jpg

When your adult, married kid is having kids, maybe it's time to stop having kids. I keep waiting to hear Michelle's pregnant one more time, though I get the feeling they're secretly abstaining or using FAM.

I'll second that. I went from ginger to strawberry blond to white blond to normal blond to medium brown without dye.

Another check here. My hair changes color every 6-12 months. I went about 6 months without dying recently, then my husband treated me to a salon day. Okay, so this was about five months ago, but it's still fresh in my memory since it was only the second time in my life, and likely to be the last time for a while since life went to shit soon after. Anyway I had darker brown roots for about half an inch, light blonde for about half an inch, and then a dyed darker color for the rest of it from the last dye job, and the stylist was baffled about how I did that, but it's natural. My hair, when it changes color, can be drastic and not look real, and the main reason I dye is because it was irritating before I started dying for strangers to touch my hair and ask if it's real. (I hate it when strangers think it's okay to touch me unless it's extending a hand for a handshake which gives me the option to reach back.) I have a picture somewhere that I kept meaning to post to Facebook. I need to find it.

This makes me uncomfortable. The darkened background makes it look like they're about to get it on 4-way style with a newborn right there.

I don't get this need to always be kissing in public. They do it on their show all the time. I too think this is an inappropriate photo.

Nell

Bloomers were in style at the time for a prairie chic look in the early/mid 90's. I can remember seeing friend's little girls wearing them at that time and those friends were not fundy or even Christian. Also they came into style in the late 80's too. I can't snark on the bloomers but I can snark on the oh god what did we all wear back in those days thing. :roll:

I loved Little House on the Prairie and the musical movie Annie, and demanded bloomers under all my dresses. My most prairie-looking dress was higher-necked than these dresses, sleeves to my wrists, and floor-length. I think I still have it somewhere. Oh, and I had a bad 80's perm to complete the look!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived