IGNORED

Fave Movies and Movies You Don't Get

NeonJungle

One of my favorite movies is Orca. It's a 70s flick with Richard Harris, and its about a killer whale who exacts revenge on the fisherman who killed his mate.

It's terrible. It's crappy acting (for shame, Richard Harris), bad dialogue, but it is so terrible that it is a RIOT. I love it.

This is an old post I guess, but I just want to chime in to say I recently watched Orca (my long-distance friend and I have a weekly bad movie date where we stream a movie at the same time and rip on it on Skype) and it was fucking awesome, like, yeah, a total riot. It was the best weekly pick we've had in a long time, probably since Vampire's Kiss w/ Nicholas Cage, which is also so terrible/weird that it's amazing.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an old post I guess, but I just want to chime in to say I recently watched Orca (my long-distance friend and I have a weekly bad movie date where we stream a movie at the same time and rip on it on Skype) and it was fucking awesome, like, yeah, a total riot. It was the best weekly pick we've had in a long time, probably since Vampire's Kiss w/ Nicholas Cage, which is also so terrible/weird that it's amazing.

There was a movie like that for me. The Pirate Movie released back in the early 80s. It's a loose adaptation of The Pirates of Penzance. So awful that I love it.

I seen to not like movies that everyone else loves. I couldn't finish watching Argo, I was so bored. I also didn't care for inception. Like someone else posted, I also don't like ambiguous endings.

When I was a kid my favorite movie was homeward bound, I saw it while it was still theaters 3 times :-)

I haven't seen anyone mention one of my favorites: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. I don't think it was popular but I love it. Something about it just makes me happy.

Movies I like: Boondock Saints. Inglorious bastards. Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightly one). Atonement. I even kinda liked Across the Universe. Sweeney Todd (the Johnny Depp one).

Movies I never got into: Napoleon Dynamite - my number one hate film. The Princess Bride - the one people get the most defensive about. The Saw movies. Avatar.

LOVED Across the Universe!

I love almost all of the typical teen 80's movies: Back To The Future, Footloose, Breakfast Club, ect.

Steel Magnolias is one of my all-time absolute favorites. My brother and I constantly quote it at/to each other.

Movies I hate: Horror. I freely admit that I'm the biggest wimp on the planet. I can't do scary and gory.

Lots of good movies mentioned. I watch The Birdcage once a year . Loved: Victor, Victoria, All that Jazz, the first Shrek, My Cousin Vinny... Sort of all over the place :) I spend more time watching foreign/international film on Netflix.

There was a movie like that for me. The Pirate Movie released back in the early 80s. It's a loose adaptation of The Pirates of Penzance. So awful that I love it.

Did Kristy McNicholas star in that with Christopher Atkins?

Archived