IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

tinylegs1, your love and concern for your sister and her family shines through in your posts. It is great to hear that Tricia's condition has improved a bit lately! It's also great to hear that Tricia has been having more time with her children than it seemed from Nate's posts. I'm sure that time is precious to her and to them.

chaoticlife, my heart aches that you encountered such vile disrespect here.

Snarkykitty, thanks for sharing those important points from your own experiences.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Nathans Facebook:

Not that I drink Starbucks often, but if Starbucks' CEO says he doesn't want my business, I'll be OK with giving him what he wants. It's one thing to be pro or anti something, it's another to tell those who oppose your views that you don't welcome their business.

http://www.businessinsider.com/starbuck ... der-2013-3

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Slaps Down Anti-Gay Marriage Activist At Shareholder Meeting

http://www.businessinsider.com

"It’s a free country. You can sell your shares..."

Like · · Share · about an hour ago ·

I didn't break the inside link because it's a like to a news story, not to Nathans facebook. One guy is trying to explain to him what the guy in the news story means by his comment but Nathan says he refuses to argue with him (likely because he knows the other guy's right). I don't think I can take seeing this guy in my facebook feed anymore. I'm either going to unfriend him totally or I'm going to make sure the posts don't show up. I just feel sick when I read this stuff, he seems to feel so superior to all others and is so sure he's right. I explained to my oldest daughter that he's the type of person who, if he thought the sky was purple with pink polka dots would stare straight at the big blue sky and still insist he was right... :lol: From what I can figure out the CEO was just not wanting the shareholders who were so against gay marriage to force their beliefs on the rest of the shareholders, not sure but that was what I gathered on it.

Is this not also a violation of your rules, considering that Nate's Facebook is private? Just curious?

Nate has now set his twitter to private.

Good, Presumably he can now use it to keep people he knows IRL up to date on what's happening for Triciaand the family instead of mixing that with a soapbox for bigotry. Wishing Tricia continued improvement and the best of care and comfort.

Good, Presumably he can now use it to keep people he knows IRL up to date on what's happening for Triciaand the family instead of mixing that with a soapbox for bigotry. Wishing Tricia continued improvement and the best of care and comfort.

I also wish Tricia the best. Some of this followers don't know them in IRL, there was an incident sometime back, where a woman who had only been communicating through email/online was shocked at some of this tweets. I think some people have unfollowed him over time. Maybe this is wrong of me to say this, but maybe he is made the twitter private in order to keep his book deal.

Okay, I've tried to write a response about fifty different ways, and I realized that it all comes down to this. I am trying not to point to anyone in particular, but there seems to be a few different people with little to any real CF experience who are making some unjustified statements and accusations.

1. If you are posting any statements about CF, please make sure that what you post is correct information. I can point out at least ten inaccurate statements about CF in this thread. Why does it matter? There are more than enough myths about CF. We don't need to spread anecdotal information as facts.

2. Every case of CF is different. Sure, you may have a friend or two who have had lung transplants, become parents or ran a marathon, but your experience with a handful of "friends" does not carry any authority. Just because X happened to two people with CF doesn't mean it is the norm for all people with CF. Neither does having read someone's blog or watched a documentary.

3. This might sound like a ridiculous issue, but please don't refer to people with CF as "CFers". Do you refer to paraplegics as "cripples"? Calling us "CFers" reduces us to our disease.

4. I am sure it can happen, and I don't know Nate, but I strongly doubt that they are using donations to fund a lavish lifestyle. CF is an expensive disease. Transplant is even more expensive. Hospital copays (often 20% of your bill), prescription copays ($400-1000 a month for me), gas to and from doc appts or visiting your loved one in the hospital, parking fees, meals eaten out bc of appts and hospitalizations, loss of income due to needing to take work off to care for someone with CF, the amount of time spent on treatments, tests and hospitalizations, etc.

5. Not everyone who has CF wants or qualifies for a lung transplant, so stating that anyone who didn't die of rejection died while waiting for lungs is inaccurate.

That's it for now. I'm sure I have more to say but I don't want to write a novel.

Thanks snarkykitty. I am sure I have posted or asked some stupid questions but I really have appreciated everyone who has provided information even though it isn't their job to educate me.

I don't know who it is, but I assure you it isn't Nate for many reasons. He is many things, but an internet troll is definitely not one. If he desired to come here and fight his cause, he'd do so on his own accord. When time allows, I will go upthread and reread the posts, because this person seems to imply (perhaps falsely) s/he has access to more personal information not made known to many and that bothers me on many levels. I know my own family and his well enough to state emphatically that trolling here is not their thing. At all. Which leads me to think it is someone who knows someone or something. Whatver. Thank you for you clarification. My integrity and character matter and while some posts here may bother me and I see a bigger picture than many, I never intend to attack or be unkind.

eta: For clarification, I now know what group LivvyLib thinks she is a part of and it is not a super-secret, private family group or anything like that. I think it is important to dispel the idea that she is someone super close to our family or a member of it. She is not. The group she references has well over 100 members, many of whom are friends of friends of friends or internet people. Still, information in any closed group shouldn't be shared and that is shameful. :/

Libbyliv seemed to have gone from a "friend of a friend" to "inner circle" in just a few quick posts! I found that odd....and telling that she probably did not know as much as she claimed or thought she did.

And now Nate's Twitter is private. Ah well, it's for the best really. Now we won't have to read his homophobic, anti-everything tweets.

I thought it was a bit odd when Libbyliv suddenly mentioned info on CL. Her intro post was her saying she was friends with Nate's parents from college and she knew a few people who attend the Nags Head Church.

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking Libbyliv was Nate. What are the chances all of a sudden that Nate's twitter account has gone private the same day Libbyliv comes to the board and stirs up trouble?

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking Libbyliv was Nate. What are the chances all of a sudden that Nate's twitter account has gone private the same day Libbyliv comes to the board and stirs up trouble?

I agree with you on the bolded part. It is possible that Libbyliv isn't Nate and Nate could have been tipped off by Tricia's sister about FJ.

Ah yeah, that's another possibility.

Well whatever, I don't have to see his obnoxious tweets anymore.

Ah yeah, that's another possibility.

Well whatever, I don't have to see his obnoxious tweets anymore.

I admit I will miss his whine tweets on celebrities and sports. Some of them were funny to read because he is an idiot about certain things like why singers lip synch and why athletes and coaches do some of the things they do.

I will also add that if Libbyliv is indeed Nate, then I will have hard sympathizing with Nate due to the attack on CL.

I agree with you on the bolded part. It is possible that Libbyliv isn't Nate and Nate could have been tipped off by Tricia's sister about FJ.

I haven't spoken to Nate about tweets or this board or my posts here. It isn't hard to find on one's own and there have been mentions of this specific thread on other more public places where I read in the past few days.

If Nathan were the livvylib troll, I'd be pretty pissed and disappointed, but I've also been clear that the reason *I* chose to post here even though my intent was to only read, is because I was upset about misconceptions about their fostering situation, where she was staying and the time she was spending with her beautiful children.

Beyond that, there isn't much I could answer for and I won't use this forum to divulge any personal information about her health status that isn't widely published.

I very much appreciate those who seem to sincerely care for her. Regardless of what may be perceived, she is fighting for a purpose, she is surrounded by loving family constantly and ready for whatever the future holds, as much as humanly possible.

It has to be someone who knows CL's real name, so there's that. Poor CL, I would be livid if someone posted my personal information here.

I'll miss the tweets about Trish, but that's about it.

Agreed. I miss the days before I found Nate's twitter and thought he was a great guy. I would still pop in to get Tricia updates but it was harder and harder to stomach Nate's BS.

I absolutely think that Libby was Nate. The way things were worded, the tone, the general superiority. It all fits. I know Tinylegs doesn't think he'd do that but believe me, people I know would be shocked where I post and what I say at various places around the internet. Being able to be anonymous is a wonderfully liberating thing and a great way to let of steam when needed.

So yeah. He's still a giant douche canoe in my book but I wish Trisha well.

If it were I'd be pissed and disgusted.

Not because he reads here. Who wouldn't if you knew there was multiple threads discussing your family? I'm not bothered if he registers here to access that of even occasionally posts anonymously. Not my style, but not a heinous misstep.

I would be disgusted at trolling to use a poster's child's death as leverage for any type of debate or discussion, even it was to make a point about the pain of suffering on one's own life.

Like I said, this isn't my "internet home". I only found my way here after being directed about the discussion regarding some misinformation. I'm comfortable that it has been cleared up and explained. Beyond that, I have no dogs in the fight.

Well. Hadn't read this thread before. Holy cow with the libbyliv person.

Tinylegs, I don't even really know what the thread is about, other than the last few pages, as I'm somewhat new myself and not caught up on all the different groups and threads and so forth. But it sounds like Tricia is your family and suffering from serious health issues? I'm sorry about that. It sounds awful. :(

You should stick around and post, tinylegs. No need to discuss or reveal anything about Tricia's situation if you don't want to.

I absolutely think that Libby was Nate. The way things were worded, the tone, the general superiority. It all fits. I know Tinylegs doesn't think he'd do that but believe me, people I know would be shocked where I post and what I say at various places around the internet. Being able to be anonymous is a wonderfully liberating thing and a great way to let of steam when needed.

So yeah. He's still a giant douche canoe in my book but I wish Trisha well.

This.

I'm willing to bet on it that Libby was Nate. How is it that mere hours after being sent to Journey of the Heart, his Twitter went private? Plus, the bitterness and anger sounds just like him.

And IA with Joan.

There is no need to make a point about grief and suffering to me. Clearly neither of you have truly read the entire thread to see that I have never condemned Tricia. I have made speculations about Tricia's situation based upon what NATE has posted online, information you refute as inaccurate yourself. More than that, I offered a window into just how badly this DOES hurt and how it HAS to hurt for Nate and those children. Based upon what Nate has stated about Tricia's condition, I disagree with how he presents it. I disgaree with the mentality that the only way to face death with courage is to fight until there is no fight left and you lose the battle kicking and screaming. I have a right to my opinion. I HAVE walked my convictions and I'm WELL aware of what grief and loss does.

Trust me, I will NOT in ANY way attempt to challenge that Nate is ALSO hurting again. I've said it before and I say it again, hurting does NOT excuse spewing hatred in the manner that Nate has, does and unquestioningly will again. He has publically mocked anyone who challenged his hatred on twitter, and if he is LibbyLiv, then he sought out a grieving mother to public humiliate and attack simply because he cannot handle when someone disagrees with him.

And yes, the bitterness and anger sounds EXACTLY like Nate, exactly WHY this series of threads were started in the FIRST place and verbatim what he has spewed of his hatred at me before for daring to challenge his opinions.

And I know a lot of Nate's twitter updated have been quoted here, so it's not like we're making stuff up. We're just forming an opinion based on what Nate tells us.

Archived