IGNORED

Bates Courtship

singsingsing

GvoZv8d.jpg

1. Do they even know what they're playing into with Josiah using a tailoring tape?

2. You can really tell one is close to 30, he should start exfoliating.

Nonetheless a cute picture.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm gonna make sweet fellowship to ya, woman, gonna lay you down on the prayer shawls... I can't wait to head your ship and pray over my blue balls...."

:lol: Exactly.

"I'm gonna make sweet fellowship to ya, woman, gonna lay you down on the prayer shawls... I can't wait to head your ship and pray over my blue balls...."

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

that is just so delightfully wrong

GvoZv8d.jpg

1. Do they even know what they're playing into with Josiah using a tailoring tape?

Nitpick: 6 inches is written 6". 6 feet is written 6'.

Although it would be amusing to see a couple try to keep 6' between them for months of courting! :lol:

GvoZv8d.jpg

It's good to see Josiah's sense of humor still exists. He and Joy-Anna used to be such bubbly, happy, mischevious kids and then around the time Josie was born they lost much of their spark. Yeah, I realize kids change when they go through puberty, but those two look unhappy every time I see them-- which isn't often, since they are rarely featured on "19 Kids" anymore. Then there was that oddly edited scene where Michelle announced she was pregnant with Jubilee and Josiah ran out of the room.

Why do I also hear Chef saying "Damn, woman, I just made sweet fellowship to you five minutes ago!"

I think I would like the Bates much more if they didn't spend so much time with the Duggars! And yes, I agree with the comments about Michelle's hair.

On a positive note, I do think it is kind of cool that they can play 4 square in the house! :)

As for the 6" ruler, I think they likely thought it was "funny." Not snarking on anyone else but just bad fundy humor.

I think Michaela Bates looked really pretty here. Her cuurent hairstyle + modern clothes really suit her and she looks her own age instead of forty.

I really got a laugh from Anna trying to hide her belly behind Josh.

Wow... Joy Anna looks so grown up. I think she looks great - a lot more natural-pretty than her sisters (IMHO - she seems to wear less makeup and spray tan).

Wow... Joy Anna looks so grown up. I think she looks great - a lot more natural-pretty than her sisters (IMHO - she seems to wear less makeup and spray tan).

I think she looks especially pretty in the recent treasury visit photo.

I think she looks especially pretty in the recent treasury visit photo.

Agree. Very beautiful. I love the fact she keeps her hair straight as it really suits her and it hasn't been damaged by too much styling. (When the older girls straighten their hair it is nice but you can see the damage that all the styling has done.)

I love the photo of Joy & Carlin Bates together. I have always thought Carlin was the most beautiful of the Bates children. (I think all the Bates children are attractive, there is just something about Carlin that is special.) I does make me wonder (again) whether Kelly looked like Tori & Carlin when she was little. She has similar face shape and colouring.

Now I feel very shallow as I am judging people on appearance.

here's a reply Kelly posted to a comment, for those wondering about Erin's music post-marriage:

I know she really, really wants to record a Christmas CD. She hopes to teach lessons at home, while Chad works…which will give her a goal to accomplish and opportunity for ministry during those alone times! Love, Kelly

She also confirms that there is no plan for their show to come back at the moment, though the Duggars should be back.

Is Michaela engaged (looking at the ring on her left hand)? If so, to who?

Sorry, I don't really follow the Bates.

Read the comments on the blog, Kelly says it's a promise ring, sorry!

Edited to correct

So wait... do they also get an engagement ring? Noooow I understand why smugger was so proud of his .25 carat ring, he had to buy several of them :lol: .

srsly though.....a courtship ring? wtf?

So wait... do they also get an engagement ring? Noooow I understand why smugger was so proud of his .25 carat ring, he had to buy several of them :lol: .

srsly though.....a courtship ring? wtf?

Michaela isn't the one who's courting (as far as we know), that's Erin.

Though I hope Michaela is too. If she really does love babies so much she should have her own, not have to care for her mother's.

That picture of them sharing testimonies, the group looks very bored, I think a few have fallen asleep?

Josie looks sickly. Poor thing.

I wonder if Anna asked Kelly not to post the pregnancy and why?? I think it is so weird that Kelly would not say, how exciting it is to see Anna expecting again? Anyone brave enough to ask Kelly, she sems to reply in her blog.

Is the riding the bikes, playing outdoor games just a Duggar thing? or normal in that region of the country. I lived in the northern US for 2 years when I was lucky to see the temp above zero for 6-8 weeks and had a toddler. I never had him ride a trike in the house. We did indoor art projects and games and for excerise we went to the rec center for mom and me and tumble time, indoor swimming and did outdoor winter sports. I just find it weird seeing teens and adults playing four square inside the house. Josh had pics of people playing speed volleyball and basketball outside during the same timeframe. Why not go outside for an hour and then play a board game or bananagrams(or whatever they are allowed to play).

Erin does look happier them Josh and Anna. Josh and Anna just looked like teenage hand lust. Erin and Chad look fun, happy and a bit mature at the same time. I hope Chad father saved some of his dr $$ to help give Chad a head start or maybe Chad has been stashing for the last 6 or so years. I would think TN or OK there are rural houses that are inexpensive that can be fixed up for starter home. My feeling is they will end up in OK.

I think it would be TLC wanting to control the timing of any announcements. Jen of the Little Couple has stopped talking about the imminent adoption for what is probably the same reason. In reality $$

In the pic above, does Michaela remind anyone else of Lisa Whelchel when she played "Blair"?

I think it would be TLC wanting to control the timing of any announcements. Jen of the Little Couple has stopped talking about the imminent adoption for what is probably the same reason. In reality $$

Oh, I like the little couple. They seem so genuine. I was so sad when they had the miscarriage.

Michaela isn't the one who's courting (as far as we know), that's Erin.

Though I hope Michaela is too. If she really does love babies so much she should have her own, not have to care for her mother's.

I think "promise ring" means "promise to Daddy to keep my hymen intact."

In the pic above, does Michaela remind anyone else of Lisa Whelchel when she played "Blair"?

This. She looks like she might have lost a few #'s. Very pretty.

I was about to post the same thing.

Oh, I like the little couple. They seem so genuine. I was so sad when they had the miscarriage.

I like the show as well. I thought maybe the show was not coming back since we have not heard of renewal or any previews. I looking for something unrelated and saw someone post about TLC filming at the an adoption agency with the Little couple. The post was over 6 months old. It was not an overseas or special needs agency. I would love to see the story but I wonder if TLC will only show teh footage if they actually adopt? Little couple got the same ratings as the Duggars but hasn't come back. I would much rather see 10 episodes of Jen at work then 10 episodes of the Duggars packing for another trip/explaining homeschooling/cooking/gender roles etc.

Archived