IGNORED

Bates Courtship

singsingsing

In the pic above, does Michaela remind anyone else of Lisa Whelchel when she played "Blair"?

Yes she does!!

I also think she's looking quite pretty these days. I like her new "style".

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm usually one of the guests on here, so I just had my forgotten password reset. I was on the old board from around 2008 or 2009 (with a different name)

Anyway... I was looking at David and Pricilla wedding pictures. I think 1 or 2 of the groomsmen are Paines. Could someone who recognizes faces check and see. Maybe it's been mentioned before. I also think that we may see a Duggar/Paine or Duggar/Waller courtship.

I like the show as well. I thought maybe the show was not coming back since we have not heard of renewal or any previews. I looking for something unrelated and saw someone post about TLC filming at the an adoption agency with the Little couple. The post was over 6 months old. It was not an overseas or special needs agency. I would love to see the story but I wonder if TLC will only show teh footage if they actually adopt? Little couple got the same ratings as the Duggars but hasn't come back. I would much rather see 10 episodes of Jen at work then 10 episodes of the Duggars packing for another trip/explaining homeschooling/cooking/gender roles etc.

I bet the ratings were so low because of the crappy time slot. It was on at 10pm here.

In the comments on the blog, someone asked if they were filming at the time. Kelly responded and said they weren't. I find it hard to believe that TLC wouldn't film a visit from the Bates family for the Duggar's show.

I'm wondering if Kelly thought the person asking the question meant "Were they filming United Bates of America?"

I found Kelly's recent reply detailing all of the kids higher education activities interesting. As much as some of us bash the Bates for being "hicks" they are more open to education that the Duggars seem to be. Kelly stated that Zach and Michael-a (or whatever that lovely young lady's name is!) took their EMT classes at a local community college. Good for them for getting some secular educational exposure. Although John David, and 2 of the J'slaves allegedly have EMT training, there has been no mention of them ever setting foot inside a community college.

I bet the ratings were so low because of the crappy time slot. It was on at 10pm here.

I like them too, they're pretty much un-snarkable. I think Jen's Mom takes the brunt of it on TWOP, but I like her, she's such a typical busy-body mom.

I'm usually one of the guests on here, so I just had my forgotten password reset. I was on the old board from around 2008 or 2009 (with a different name)

Anyway... I was looking at David and Pricilla wedding pictures. I think 1 or 2 of the groomsmen are Paines. Could someone who recognizes faces check and see. Maybe it's been mentioned before. I also think that we may see a Duggar/Paine or Duggar/Waller courtship.

After Zach's experience, I am guessing all these families are tempering their rush for camera time with their "courtship enabling" activities and obligations. Expose young adult to others their same age in closely monitored environment at a "conference" - rinse and repeat.

Yep, I agree with you. Just because they're attractive doesn't mean they won't beat the shit out of their future children, hate gays and feminists, etc. I think John Maxwell is cute but that doesn't mean I want to see him married, because I'm firmly convinced that he'll treat any future wife or children like absolute garbage. Pretty people aren't any more or less prone to evil behavior than ugly people.

I wish I'd bookmarked those pics... There was one of Joshua Phillips and two other guys at a VF costume function, and daaaamn, they were hot. Completely reprehensible people whom I'd never want to see married and father children. But smokin' hot nonetheless.

Maybe this has been answered in a previous post; but has the "GilBatesFamily.com" site been taken down? I couldn't find it today.

It is now thebatesfamily.com ... this is the 3rd URL change they have had since I have started following them. From a SEO standpoint I don't think that is very wise of them to keep changing URLs.

It is now thebatesfamily.com ... this is the 3rd URL change they have had since I have started following them. From a SEO standpoint I don't think that is very wise of them to keep changing URLs.

Thank you!

I wish I'd bookmarked those pics... There was one of Joshua Phillips and two other guys at a VF costume function, and daaaamn, they were hot. Completely reprehensible people whom I'd never want to see married and father children. But smokin' hot nonetheless.

You mean this one?

vVbdpft.jpg

I agree, I think that the timeslot had a lot to do with the show's failure. Advertisers are less than thrilled with the current "time shifting" craze going on with DVRs. It makes ratings difficult and the coveted Live +24 is harder to capture because I can have a Duggar marathon whenever I damn well please (and I NEVER watch an episode until Live +8 because they can kiss my ass before I give them credit for my eyeballs). If you read the FB page for the Duggars you see A LOT of them either dont have cable or a DVR, which means they are watching live, if at all. With a 10PM time slot most of those folks are asleep before they accidentally see a preview for a prime time show or, GOD FORBID a late night talk show promo. If they dont have the time shift ability, the show sinks.

I've often wondered why they pretty much set the show up to fail by sticking it there.

Josh Phillips is pretty hot and he speaks well too. Not sure if this reflects some level of intellegence or just a lot of practice before he is allowed out in public. He kind of reminds me of a young Ioan Gruffydd.

The Bates ARE more open to education, but that's about it. The kids are still controlled and remember they have that in-house security system to spy on them. Still, I think Gil and Kelly are way more active parents than JB/Jchlle. I would imagine there was big hope that Zach or John David would pick a bride from the other family so they could film it all. Somehow I can't see a Duggar girl going for a used trailer on the back 40 of the Bates' compound though.

I'll take the blonde on the right, please.

Rawr.

I like the one in the middle. Nom nom nom.

The Bates ARE more open to education, but that's about it. The kids are still controlled and remember they have that in-house security system to spy on them. Still, I think Gil and Kelly are way more active parents than JB/Jchlle. I would imagine there was big hope that Zach or John David would pick a bride from the other family so they could film it all. Somehow I can't see a Duggar girl going for a used trailer on the back 40 of the Bates' compound though.

Waiittt a second... a security system?!! Details! How does that work?

Archived