IGNORED

Any word on fundie responses to the election?

Hane

I went to high school with a bunch of "fundie lite" types, so there has predictably been some butthurt over the election. One "congratulated" the nation on being "four more years closer to hell," then inexplicably posted the following bible verse:

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. Romans 1:24

Another one of my fb friends copied and pasted this gem of an article today:

"Did God Put Barack Obama in the White House?"

plainbibleteaching.com/2012/11/07/did-god-put-barack-obama-in-the-white-house

Short version: greed, hatred, slothfulness, racism, sexual immorality, abortion, broken homes and idolatry got President Obama elected. There were also a smattering of "God is still in control" type of posts. I'd say the reaction was much worse in 2008, however. Lots more WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE GET IN THE BUNKER types of posts. In conclusion? I will continue to refrain from posting anything obnoxiously religious or political on facebook and will continue to sit back and watch the craziness unfold. :doh:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"God works in mysterious ways, only known to Republicans."

God is the true elector of leaders, but apparently only ones the far right agree with.

Either God is all powerful, or he ain't.

And here's another gem:

http://musingsofmrsmike DOT blogspot.com/2012/11/its-end-of-world-as-we-know-it.html

A taste from the opening paragraph to whet your appetites:

It's the end of the world as we know it

Ok, not really but I know we're all feeling it. Roughly 48% of us are feeling chastened. Blind sighted. Betrayed.

Depressed.

Worse than a nightmare, we awoke to something far more frightening: a truly post-Christian American landscape.

Worse than a hangover, this headache--this heartache--will not go away in a few hours with the help of a little aspirin. How exactly does one heal and remedy the fact that over half of our fellow countrymen are morally and spiritually impaired?

God is the true elector of leaders, but apparently only ones the far right agree with.

THIS.

Talk about shitty theology. Have they actually read Job? Even if they believe Obama's the Antichrist, who needs permission to put him in place? Hint: Not God. He's the one granting it.

Worse than a nightmare, we awoke to something far more frightening: a truly post-Christian American landscape.

I thought we'd been going to bed and getting up in that landscape since the country was founded. Silly me.

That's what I've never understood about religion. People are all "it's god's will" when things go their way, but when it doesn't it's not "god's will" it's "satan!"!!

It makes no sense...

It pains me to say, but had the election gone the other way, I would be hearing the same kind of frothing-at-the-mouth bullshit from my ultra-liberal 78 year old mother. It's absolutely impossible to talk to her about politics without sending her into an uncontrollable rant against the other side. This otherwise reasonable, intelligent woman becomes a raving lunatic when it comes to the right wing, flinging insults, making incredibly hyperbolic statements and so forth. She's just like a fundie, only without that Old Time Religion. (For example, despite the fact that Obama won, had Florida not gone for him, she was threatening to cancel her visit next month, stating she would never, ever set foot in such a stupid, right wing state again.) And like the fundies, she also threatened to move to Canada in the face of a Romney win, only in her case it would have made some political and social sense.

A foamer is a foamer is a foamer, no matter what side of the fence you're on.

Don't know if Kristi's (of Thimble Thoughts) rant has been mentioned yet:

Election Thoughts, 2012

I was privileged to help work the polls for our local Tea Party on election day. Everyone on both sides, seemed to be very nice. I did have one woman out of hundreds that passed by, be very nasty to me. And of course she was an Obama supporter. But I kept a smile on my face and treated her the way I would have wanted to be treated. Wanna know why she was mad? Because she lived in Asheville and couldn't vote here in Kings Mountain. She wouldn't take my word for it and insisted on speaking to someone she trusted. So I took her inside, found someone she would trust (lol), and she proceeded to tell her story, how she was spending the day down here and wanted to vote here since she couldn't vote in Asheville. Now, mind you, she was absolutely RUDE to me. But when she spoke to this man working inside, she was as nice as melted butter. To her dismay, however, he told her exactly what I told her. Boy... talk about mad then! It was funny. Other than that one incident, it was a very great night and I had a lot of fun.

Just in case there are people who haven't heard yet (LOL), Mr. Obama took the Presidential office, once again. I would say congratulations to him, but I don't want to. So... moving on...

I was really depressed that Mr. Romney lost. And, like most Americans, are bitter at all the voting fraud, especially in Ohio. There has GOT to be a better way to cast votes. Especially with today's technology. And don't get me wrong... I am NOT saying that voter fraud won the election. I do believe that we live in a wicked and perverse nation and THAT is why Obama won. People are thinking about themselves and what kind of handouts they can get. Selfish.

I had a hard time going to sleep, knowing we have to face four more years with this man. Finally fell asleep and woke up all depressed again.

But one of the first things I read on facebook this morning encouraged me to LOOK UP! For our redemption draweth nigh.

Then tonight at church, Pastor preached a TERRIFIC sermon and encouraged us to hang on.

His text was from Isaiah 3:2-10, which we see an offended Sovereign, God.

There should be a contrast between us and the wicked. We can't say we are a Christian and then live and act as though we are part of the world. Which, a lot of those claiming Christianity that voted for Obama, fall under that description. The Bible says a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. It's like Brother Hutson says, you can't have it both ways.

The text tells us in verse 10, "Say ye to the RIGHTEOUS, that IT SHALL BE WELL with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings." AMEN! It shall be well!!

And in Genesis, Noah and his other seven family members,were the only ones willing to take a stand in a very wicked and sinful time. Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord because he was living a righteous life. And therefore, was placed in the ark. He and his family.

Guess what, Christian! We are in the ark while the rest of America will face the judgement of God. For us... the Christian... all will be well. We don't have to worry about what's going to happen. We just get to live life, moving forward for the cause of Christ, and watch those who refuse to live the Bible way, go under.

It's like our Pastor said, for the last four years our great nation, the America as we have always known, has been on life support. And after yesterday's election, we have pulled the plug. There is no turning back. Bible prophesy is taking place and things are lining up.

So look up, Christian. Our redemption, truly, draweth nigh.

I'll leave you with the entire text Pastor read tonight. Soak it in. The WORD is truth.

Isaiah 3:2-10

2 The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,

3 The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.

4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

6 When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand:

7 In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing: make me not a ruler of the people.

8 For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the Lord, to provoke the eyes of his glory.

9 The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.

10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.

2012-11-06_12-49-13_557.jpg

FUCK. This is hopelessly incorrect.

God is supposed to be omnipotent. That is all-powerful. NOTHING happens without God's consent, if you're a Christian. NOTHING

Satan has to ask God's consent to torment his followers. Satan can no more pick presidential candidates and ensure them the White House than I can. God is not surprised by any turn of events, because he is also omniscient (all-knowing). God can't be surprised by the US deviating from his plan, this is not possible.

If you do believe God can be startled and taken aback because of the result of a US presidential election, what god are you following? Is America stronger than your God?

This was linked to by a coworker (yes, a public school teacher):

http://seano.org/2012/11/08/welcome-to- ... sa-bucaro/

Some choice excerpts:

Four years from now, we will have unemployment over 10%, our debt will be over 20 trillion and entrepreneurship will be a thing of the past. Millions more people will be on food stamps, homeless, living off the government. And we will have chosen every bit of it!

I never bought into the defense that people elected Obama in 2008 because we didn’t know who he was. That’s a ridiculous argument. If you don’t know anything about the man who is running for President of the United States, why are you voting for him? Because he’s half black and it makes you feel good about yourself? Because he speaks pretty words about hope and change and you seem to think that this country’s founding principles don’t fit in with your personal beliefs anymore?

We are a nation of crack addicts and the government is our dealer! They have turned us into their junkies little by little just like a drug dealer does to enslave their “clientele.†They set up more and more entitlement programs and give you a free taste here and a free taste there until we’re so hooked, that we don’t believe we can survive without government handouts. We have now become a nation so enslaved on the government plantation, that we may never be free again. If you don’t believe me, sit back and watch.

To which our guidance counselor responded:

The author of this blog sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic. She also uses the rhetorical question "did you vote for him because he's half black" then likens his supporters to crack addicts asking asking fir crack.

Quite a few racist connotations here.

I love him.

(I actually block her from my news feed and only found out about it when said guidance counselor vented to me today.)

Lion Brand Yarn posted a FB status about a surprise that was coming in this week's e-newsletter. Naturally, people were guessing that the surprise involved something free--free shipping, free yarn for veterans, free yarn for everyone, etc. Some fuckwad decides to go in a political direction, but others took her to task:

E Irene Covington All the people looking for Free Stuff must be Obama supports... give me, give me, give me...

Tammy Pruden Please Irene, after months of political bashing from both sides-can we at least have a few peaceful sites?

Ladyt Youknowthatsme E Irene Covingtin if they are Obama supports they also get what they want. FOUR MORE YEARS, CHEW ON THAT, HA!!!

Kristen at Created to be His had a conversation with God over the election (createdtobehis31 dot blogspot dot com/2012/11/election-2012-conversation-with-god.html)

"My thoughts: But Father, what about my children? How can I raise them for Your work and Your glory in a world so evil?"

Honestly, we're not living under Stalin or something.

But they've got a response to that claim, too! God IS all powerful, and though we mere humans might not be able to comprehend how exactly, even terrible things like Obama's second term can be good, they are all for God's glory and goodness and He has a plan that this will all work out ok in the end.

Quote:

I Can't Believe It!

by His Way Services

How could this happen? I don't understand, I just don't understand.

That man is not a leader, and he's been placed in authority over

us again! 4 more long years! I don't want us to have to suffer

because of other people's wrong decisions and sins! I just

don't understand!!!!! What will happen now?

What will happen now? How are you expecting to suffer exactly? :lol: My guess is that life in American is going to carry on pretty much as normal. You get to keep your healthcare (and even as a foreigner I'm very, very pleased for you). It's probably not the end of the world as you know it.

Wow, Whiner Lady is a drama queen. Her post about the election is something else.

zachsgang.blogspot.com/2012/11/frozen-in-fear.html

The only real conclusion I can draw from that mess is that she has the brain of a squirrel.

lifesitenews.com/news/dear-ann-coulter-babies-conceived-in-rape-are-not-cannon-fodder

This has too much crazy for me to even comment on.

lifesitenews.com/news/dear-ann-coulter-babies-conceived-in-rape-are-not-cannon-fodder

Totally epic bullshit. I lived through eight fucking years of Shrub.

I'm not giving them clicks, but I can only imagine how out of touch you'd have to be to attack Ann Coulter from the right.

A coworker of mine linked to this blog: garrettkell.com/the-great-tragedy-of-the-2012-election/ (hopefully I broke that link correctly) and the real reason Republicans lost the election? It was all the unborn babies aborted who couldn't vote!

------------------------

The Great Tragedy of the 2012 Election

There was a great tragedy that occurred on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.

The tragedy was not found in the celebrations of elected officials or the concessions of defeat. It was not colored red or blue, and it wasn’t wrapped up in useless campaign promises.

The tragedy of the 2012 election is that in this land of the free and home of the brave, many people were not allowed to vote. Their voices were silenced. Their votes were not cast. Their opinions not expressed. Why?

Because they were dead.

The great tragedy of the 2012 election is that roughly 33 million would-be voters were not with us, because they had been murdered. From 1973-1994 roughly 35 million babies were aborted. That’s roughly 35 million 18-39 year-olds who did not vote because they were dead.

That is an unspeakable tragedy.

Each fundie couple could have had upwards of 3 more babies had they started fucking at puberty and not waited until marriage. Imagine how many more babies the rest of the population would have had if we did the same. Conclusion: not fucking like rabbits at the onset of puberty kills more potential voters than abortion, and fundies contribute to the problem with their abstinence.

Wow, Whiner Lady is a drama queen. Her post about the election is something else.

The only real conclusion I can draw from that mess is that she has the brain of a squirrel.

2007 calling. We want our Dramatic Rodent Encouter back.

Um. From the comments:

The one thing I do not understand is. How can Romney have over a million popular votes, and still lose.

Does this person have any clue about the size of the American electorate? And, you know, how elections work?

Oh my God my fucking relative drives me crazy. She unfriended me a long time ago (and blocked me for a while lol), but now I still feel compelled to check out her page because she and her friends are so ridiculous. They are really hateful, but spout the "God is love" or whatever shit. Her facebook is public. I would love for her to get called out for the blatant lies she posts. https://www.facebook.com/lisa.bailey.79219754?fref=ts

Not breaking the link cause it's facebook.

Archived