IGNORED

Any word on fundie responses to the election?

Hane

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have quite a few conservative friends on FB, so I left them last night with a simple but profound wish - "Hillary 2016.... just sayin". I haven't checked yet today to see what kind of hate mail I have.

If only. But I don't think Hill is gonna go for it. Man, that would be awesome, though.

He is a rich conservative twat (with an abnormally large forehead) But it was never on his agenda to remove women's rights or go to war at the drop of a hat. But yes he is a twat. :lol:

I think rather than a conservative win at the last election it was more an apathy in the Labour party and Blair (who was more conservative than most conservatives) which caused our lovely co-a-shit .

Here's the thing, though. America is so far to the right these days that our left party would be conservative in almost every other industrialized democracy. Richard Nixon would even be a pretty left-leaning Democrat these days. So, even though you have a conservative twat as PM, he's still liberal compared to the Republican Party in the United States. No high profile Republican politician would EVER have submitted a video to the It Gets Better project. Cameron did.

Geoff Botkin has weighed in, in trademark bloviationist style. Highlights: the new voting machines look "childish," he resents having to do the deed in an ebil gummint schoolhouse "built to teach a government curriculum of loyalty to the will of the government," he posts pictures of foolishly loyal former students who "grew up to ignore all state coercion," and closes with a cynical quote from Mark Twain: “If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it.â€

Can you say "Paranoid Curmudgeon," Geoff? Sure you can!

westernconservatory.com

Oh - and I wonder if the Botkinettes were allowed to darken the doors of this evil polling place? Bets, anyone?

If he has such a problem with voting in a public school, he could always vote absentee or early in a different location, or work to make those options easier in his state. Of course, that will never happen, because making voting more accessible is an eeeevil liberal conspiracy.

A girl I know said her rich mother is going to move to Israel so she can stop paying over 50% of her income in taxes.

I'm still trying to figure out why Israel, if anyone has any clue I'd love an explanation.

Israel is a TERRIBLE place to live if you want to pay less in taxes. So, I'm clueless.

One more - Crazy Kidist, who (no surprise) chose to focus on fashion. Spoiler: she doesn't like the Obamas.

cameraluc.blogspot.com

Janna Ryan's tartan dress also has no designer attached to it so far. But, its checkered pattern is far more elegant than the formless shapes that are on Michelle's Michael Kors dress. Also, there is a sense of the traditional tartan

OK, I don't expect logic from Kidist. But really, if Janna Ryan was a liberal, you know that Kidist would be ragging on her, with comments about a dry, pinched look to her face, old-looking hands, badly-draped dress made of plaid upholstery fabric with unmatched patterns, etc.

f0q4l.jpg

And she'd probably be calling this fabric a tasteful, classic silk brocade, avoiding the garish, obvious blue for Democrats and red for Republicans:

EEnmv.jpg

They are people, who either ran for office or supported a spouse who did so. What they wore is so far down on the list of what matters or displays anything about them.

But Kidist still manages to annoy me.

Not a fundy, but politically conservative. Apparently we are heading toward the Roman version of doomsday.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

It's a quote-on-quote UNVERIFIED quote from 18th cent. scholar Alexander Tytler and I guess we are in the apathy stage now.

ETA: Did some research, it's never been officially attributed to him but has been attributed to a 1940s CEO. Of course :doh: He was skeptical of democracy, but thought that when it did work (rarely) it could produce great "virtue". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Fraser_Tytler

I've seen many blue/red maps of the US over the past 24 hours and none looked like that. Obviously. No source was provided, naturally.

It's a county by county assessment and I wouldn't be surprised if it did look like that. The problem is that the red spaces are largely unpopulated and the blue spaces are where there is a high population density.

My two "favorite" from today: a photo of an American flag at half mast with the words "Goodbye America, it was nice knowing you." (Thankfully the disrespectful nature of the picture was pointed out in the first comment).

A status from someone I went to high school with "thinking maybe I should learn archery and get in shape. The Hunger Games may really be in our future"

I am a strange political person in that I don't identify with a party at all. No party is going to accomplish anything without compromise and if the rabid opinions being expressed on facebook are any indication of the political climate, no one is going to get anywhere to achieve meaningful change. Really, I'm just tired of uninformed opinions and ready to be back to statuses about babies, kittens, mundane daily life, and relationship drama. I can still find plenty to snark on.

And mockingbird, I saw this too. My favorite response to this in the comments sections was "hahaha I was worried until I realized this is a republic and not a democracy"

One more - Crazy Kidist, who (no surprise) chose to focus on fashion. Spoiler: she doesn't like the Obamas.

cameraluc.blogspot.com

Kidist just gets crazier and crazier.

A construction worker offered to help her cross a road cause he did an in depth analysis of every item in her outfit and how they matched each other, calculated the likelihood of her tripping on a pebble in her mid height heels or getting gravel dust on her jacket, deduced that she was the sort of woman who was likely to accept his help, then walked her across the road.

Cause construction workers are notoriously in tune with fashion and the minutiae of Kidist's obsessions and psychosis and certainty of hidden meanings in interactions with strangers. It's not like he just saw her hesitating and thought he'd be a decent human being and offer to help. Every interaction with a stranger is a validation of whatever is going through Kidist's head at that moment.

And the first lady fashion post? Michelle looked lovely. So did Paul Ryan's wife. Not keen on the other ladies dresses, but they were certainly appropriate for the occasion. And the Obama girls are beautiful. Does Kidist really think those

lovely young ladies should be dressed in horrible frilly orange little girl dresses and white tights like Ryan's (much younger) daughter? I thought their skirts were perfect.

An of course, in everyone's reality except Kidist's, election night is about more than the fashion choices of the female members of the candidates families.

Kidist just gets crazier and crazier.

A construction worker offered to help her cross a road cause he did an in depth analysis of every item in her outfit and how they matched each other, calculated the likelihood of her tripping on a pebble in her mid height heels or getting gravel dust on her jacket, deduced that she was the sort of woman who was likely to accept his help, then walked her across the road.

Cause construction workers are notoriously in tune with fashion and the minutiae of Kidist's obsessions and psychosis and certainty of hidden meanings in interactions with strangers. It's not like he just saw her hesitating and thought he'd be a decent human being and offer to help. Every interaction with a stranger is a validation of whatever is going through Kidist's head at that moment.

And the first lady fashion post? Michelle looked lovely. So did Paul Ryan's wife. Not keen on the other ladies dresses, but they were certainly appropriate for the occasion. And the Obama girls are beautiful. Does Kidist really think those

lovely young ladies should be dressed in horrible frilly orange little girl dresses and white tights like Ryan's (much younger) daughter? I thought their skirts were perfect.

An of course, in everyone's reality except Kidist's, election night is about more than the fashion choices of the female members of the candidates families.

Oh Kidist... Plenty of people blog about when fashion and politics meet. Only Kidist can infer meaning from it. I've been with several people as they battled psychosis, and all I can say about Kidist is I hope she gets help. The resemblance is too striking.

I don't understand the implication that everyone who voted Obama in is somehow dependent on welfare. Because frankly, the only people I know of who have used or are using welfare are super-conservative.

I include myself in that one, because we were pretty uptight fundie when we were using LINK. We've mellowed out considerably in the last couple of years, and we actually voted Democrat this year.

We have paid back more than what we used from the taxes of other red-blooded, hard-working, knuckle-dragging, cousin-porking 'MERICANS! In fact, the money we used got us such a huge boost up that we are paying a ton more into the tax system now. It was really more of an investment in our family than an entitlement. I don't see the problem with using welfare programs, at all. They help people, and ultimately helps the economy which helps EVERYONE.

Someone posted this to Facebook earlier - very interesting. No idea how accurate it is, but here's the source - http://www.selectsmart.com/commentary/blog.php?m=1440

Somebody or other had a picture of an American flag sandwiched between two crosses. That was particularly bizarre to me. Really? You want to substitute the flag for the crucified Christ? Isn't that pretty much straight-up idol worship?

I just looked at Rebecca K's blog. Himswayserves, & she was mad that Obama won (Suprise Suprise). My theory to any Fundie who is mad he won "get over it".

cameraluc.blogspot.com

What a hateful woman.

The Obama girls looked SO cute. Even Suri's burn book liked their outfits.. and we all know Suri is a discerning fashionista!

Oh praise the Lord! I've been waiting for a chance to post littlecatholicbubble DOT blogspot.com. Apparently Jesus is weeping in heaven with the angels and we need God's mercy more than ever. But hey, now she has FOUR MORE YEARS to post about the liberal culture of death! I'm actually surprised she never seems to have made FJ before - she's a friend of Abigail the Nun Lady.

Anyone see Rebecca!!!!!111!!!ELEVENTY!!!!11!!!'s post? I am not sure if she wrote it or if her dad did:

"I Can't Believe It!

How could this happen? I don't understand, I just don't understand.

That man is not a leader, and he's been placed in authority over

us again! 4 more long years! I don't want us to have to suffer

because of other people's wrong decisions and sins! I just

don't understand!!!!! What will happen now?"

OMG! Run to the hills!

Glad I posted this earlier since it is now gone. and of course, my comment wasn't posted... just a different blog entry to replace the above. (There was yet ANOTHER blog entry posted after the "I Can't Believe It!" post but in the last few hours the "I Can't Believe It!" post was replaced with something that Daddy K obviously wrote).

Do you have King James Bibles - not just for your family, but also to give away? Never had one, never wanted one. If disaster came, and someone "generously" shoved a KJV at me, they would have to be very grateful that I am a patient, non-violent person, since all they would get is an eye-roll and perhaps a gesture, rather than getting decked.

Oh, come on Thoughtful, I'd be very grateful if in that situation someone shoved a KJV in my hand. After all, most of them are printed on that really, fine, thin India paper, nice and strong. And there would be lots and lots of pages of it.

I could cache it beside my newly dug latrine trench in my mountain hideaway.

It's a county by county assessment and I wouldn't be surprised if it did look like that. The problem is that the red spaces are largely unpopulated and the blue spaces are where there is a high population density.

Again, not here. No population in our blue area at all.

Glad I posted this earlier since it is now gone. and of course, my comment wasn't posted... just a different blog entry to replace the above. (There was yet ANOTHER blog entry posted after the "I Can't Believe It!" post but in the last few hours the "I Can't Believe It!" post was replaced with something that Daddy K obviously wrote).

Glad I also read this before it was taken down. I'm sorry but this girl is nuts along w/ her family!

Again, not here. No population in our blue area at all.

Okay, thanks? I was making a generalization that is largely true. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule. But it is no generalization to say that the reason that the country is geographically more red than blue is because the red spaces tend to have far lower populations.

"It is very noble to say you want to stay and fight, but it is a sure death, FEMA isbt built to maintain life, but to destroy it and as many as they can as fast as they can. They are just a modern version of the destroy camps of Nazi Germany. If you want to live, and I am sure everybody wants that, then get out of there , cuz you dont stand a chance against usa army and such. You will be driven up like catle and put to death as terrorists simply for standing up for what you think is right and just. They will take total control. Now if there is no one left to control .... that would change the picture ... you live and they stand there looking silly. You can live anywhere else on earth in peace and look after your own, growing food and being peaceful, but staying in the USA is like voluntering for standing in front of the firesquad."

Why are so many people panicking about how America will be destroyed....it didnt happen 4 years ago like they said it did.

"It is very noble to say you want to stay and fight, but it is a sure death, FEMA isbt built to maintain life, but to destroy it and as many as they can as fast as they can. They are just a modern version of the destroy camps of Nazi Germany. If you want to live, and I am sure everybody wants that, then get out of there , cuz you dont stand a chance against usa army and such. You will be driven up like catle and put to death as terrorists simply for standing up for what you think is right and just. They will take total control. Now if there is no one left to control .... that would change the picture ... you live and they stand there looking silly. You can live anywhere else on earth in peace and look after your own, growing food and being peaceful, but staying in the USA is like voluntering for standing in front of the firesquad."

Why are so many people panicking about how America will be destroyed....it didnt happen 4 years ago like they said it did.

I'm starting to think they watched Red Dawn and didn't realize it was fiction (and 80s-era fiction at that, at least the original).

I'm starting to think they watched Red Dawn and didn't realize it was fiction (and 80s-era fiction at that, at least the original).

I cant believe that people on Ravelry.com are saying the same thing. I wonder if we will be headed towards another round of mass bannings.

How is FEMA like Nazi Germany? I just...I don't get it. I do not even remotely understand the comparisons.

Archived