IGNORED

Any word on fundie responses to the election?

Hane

I just read the story on the woman who lost her at Cold Stone. I think the fact that she wished assassination on the president might have been the main reason she got axed. I watched the interview she did and something about her creeped me out. She totally reminded me of the PP. There was backlash after the PP's praying for Obama's death sermon. He lost a major account for his business.

She creeped me out because she seemed to have absolutely zero clue that she'd done anything wrong. Her attitude came across to me as, "OMG you guys, why is everyone making such a big deal over this?" It's as if she has absolutely no awareness that throwing around the n-word, or wishing the president might be assassinated, could be considered really bad things that other people might take seriously.

"Blank" and "empty" were the words that came to mind as I watched her. I know that very few people come across well when they're standing in front of a camera and in the glare of a spotlight, but there is something really "off" about that girl.

And yeah, I would have shitcanned her, too, even without the media getting involved.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not on Facebook, but I have a vague idea that that stuff (your job, your employer) does appear on the average Facebook profile.

Only if you add the info yourself. FB doesn't automatically do it for you (yet :D ).

No idea if this woman is a fundie or not, but she lives in my city. :o

Mesa resident Holly Solomon thinks it's her husband's fault that President Obama was re-elected last week, because he didn't vote.

Not only does Solomon, 28, have a thorough misunderstanding of our nation's electoral system, she also ran over her husband with her car because of this, according to Gilbert police.

In an e-mail to media, Gilbert police Sergeant Jesse Sanger says the argument started in a parking lot Saturday morning over Daniel Solomon's lack of voter participation.

"According to Daniel, Holly believed her family was going to face hardship as a result of President Obama's re-election," Sanger says.

Witnesses told police that there was a lot of yelling before Holly Solomon hopped in her Jeep, and started chasing her husband around the parking lot.

Her husband tried to use a light pole to shield himself, and Solomon drove around the light pole several times as she continued to yell at him.

Eventually, her husband made a run for it, but Solomon hit him, pinning him under the car and on a curb, according to police.

Daniel Solomon's currently in critical condition at a hospital.

Holly Solomon was booked into jail on charges of domestic violence and aggravated assault, and there are no indications she was impaired by alcohol or drugs at the time, according to Sanger.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valley ... ilbert.php

What a shitty thing to do. I hope her husband lives...and divorces her ass.

Ugh, please don't think I am defending these women's views, but unless they identified themselves as employees of a certain doctor's office or of Cold Stone, they shouldn't lose their jobs over their social media posts.

If you have no identifying information on your FB, then sure. But then, you won't get fired for spouting racist garbage if no one knows who you are.

What you say in public reflects on your employer. Imagine if a black person in that community sees the racist FB post because she is friends with one of the racist's FB friends. She recognizes the racist as the receptionist from her doctor's office and tells her friends. None of them feel comfortable going to that clinic anymore and then the doctor suddenly is losing tons of business. The clinic can and should fire an employee who causes them to lose business through their own indiscretion, unless there is a contract or union involved. Racists are not a federally protected group.

No idea if this woman is a fundie or not, but she lives in my city. :o

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valley ... ilbert.php

What a shitty thing to do. I hope her husband lives...and divorces her ass.

:shock: Way to panic ! I have no words. What the friggetty frack ?!?!? She was stone-cold sober and honestly thought this? I blame (in part) the right wing media which greatly over-exaggerated the perceived 'risks' of an Obama presidency. They stirred up this frenzy and then suffer absolutely no repercussions. I'm horrified.

I have just replied to the random mad woman on my Facebook and her various anti Obama posts, telling her that some Americans are being incredibly overdramatic in response to the election, and "Remember how four years ago, America was completely destroyed and all of the people died....I guess not, because it didnt happen. What makes you think that this will be any different from the last four years, when nothing horrible happened and everyone still lived, its not like any president would wait to be elected for the second time to start destroying the world cause it could never happen."

Im waiting to see how she responds.

I have just replied to the random mad woman on my Facebook and her various anti Obama posts, telling her that some Americans are being incredibly overdramatic in response to the election, and "Remember how four years ago, America was completely destroyed and all of the people died....I guess not, because it didnt happen. What makes you think that this will be any different from the last four years, when nothing horrible happened and everyone still lived, its not like any president would wait to be elected for the second time to start destroying the world cause it could never happen."

You are a patient person.

"Jellybean let's just assume that you are the last person on my list when it comes to political awareness ...."

Maybe I should offer her a bet, if the entire population of America dies in the next four years, I shall....I dont know, become Quiverfull and decide to have 20 kids? Go and live out in the woods like a caveman? Marry a Maxwell? Eat a pair of my brothers socks? Its not like I can lose.

I've actually said something along the lines of what you said to an acquaintance of ours who thought that "seriously, this time the world will catch on fire and our guns will dissolve and the gubment will put us all in chains if Obama gets elected again". When I asked him why that would happen in his second term but not the first, he said that this time Obama will finally unleash the crazy because he's not worried about being reelected. :doh: I wonder if the person you're commenting to will have equally ridiculous reasoning.

My parents are seeing statuses about how all the predictions about the worlds ending next month will come true now that Obama got reelected.

I don't know why they didn't know this before when Obama was elected.to his first term, but eh.

She creeped me out because she seemed to have absolutely zero clue that she'd done anything wrong. Her attitude came across to me as, "OMG you guys, why is everyone making such a big deal over this?" It's as if she has absolutely no awareness that throwing around the n-word, or wishing the president might be assassinated, could be considered really bad things that other people might take seriously.

"Blank" and "empty" were the words that came to mind as I watched her. I know that very few people come across well when they're standing in front of a camera and in the glare of a spotlight, but there is something really "off" about that girl.

And yeah, I would have shitcanned her, too, even without the media getting involved.

I agree with describing her as "blank and empty". I wonder if the Secret Service's visit will make her realize how fucked up her comments are.

I took my dad to the doctor's office the other day and had the pleasure of sharing the waiting room with an elderly woman who was either fundie, just plain brainwashed by the likes of Faux News or both. She was speaking loudly to a younger man whom I believe was her son.

1) She complained that the "non-Christians" are rigging the election and that "Christians" were harassed at the polls (in Western MD).

2) A little OT, but in the same vein, Bloomberg is forbidding people from feeding the homeless. This just made her sick and shows how Democrats are so godless they would actually prevent those displaced and hungry because of Sandy from receiving help. (Incidentally, does anyone here know the origin of the Bloomberg/don't feed the homeless tale? In couldn't find much information on the Interwebz.)

3) A congressman (whom she didn't name) has been going to Mexico to teach the people there how to get onto US food stamps.

4) She thanked her son (or whomever her was with her) for being a Christian, because nobody else would understand or care.

She was basically spouting a bunch of paranoia that I can't seem to back up with even loosely related data.

I have been debating how to share this. On the day after election day (in the state of Florida...which remained undecided), I hade several patients come into my office who were physically ill from the outcome of the presidential election. I was genuinely nonplussed to see these folks who literally got physicaly sick. There was a very elderly brother and sister who were shaking visibly. The sister's blood pressure was 190/118. She was staring into space, chanting prayers. The brother was very pale. He sat back in the chair, eye closed, telling me that he had lost his desire to eat and was waiting for god to take him. These folks are 87 and 91 respctively. They were both initially from Ohio and I resisted the urge to point out that had they stayed in Ohio to vote, they may have had a bigger impact on the outcome. Strategic error on their part. These people looked at me and told me that the America they loved was gone. It was taken over by people who were not properly Christian and were from foreign cultures. I pointed out that my own grandparents were not Christian (nor am I) and that they came from a different cuture. They were seen as somewhat vulgar and untrustworthy. In 2 generations, these folks seem to be living in an area rich with seconde generation Eastrn European Jews and it is working out ok. They told me this was different Jews are really white and they have the Old Testament and they work hard and generally aren't "takers". I then asked how they would be livign without Medicare and Social Security. "We EARNED that, they said." I pointed out that I earned it too, but I was unlikely to get those things. And the reason is not the brown people who are not Christian, but the two generations of retirees alive today.

I rechecked the old lady's blood pressure which was still elevated. She refused an change in her meds. I encouraged the old man to eat some breakfast and forget about this election, which in reality has little effect on the super aged. The both smiled at me weakly andtoddled out of the office thanking me for my concern.

Later in the day, a woman in her 40's came in having a cunvulsive panic attack. She was so upset that she felt that she may need to go back on disabily for her severe depression. She told me that the country was being taken over by Muslims and other undesireables and that all of her hard work was going to be lost. I told her to give it a week or two beofre asking her psychiatrist to do the paperwork to puf her back on disability.

I shook my head all day. It is still racism. It jusy is. It is not about whether thee should be entitlements. It is about that they should be for white, Christian people. Electing Obama in 2008 was scary as hell for them. They figured that most of the eletorate would see what it was in 4 years and beg to go back to a rich white guy at the helm. Amazing. I will call it POSD (Post Obama Stress Disorder). And really, go back to living your life guys. He is a really smart guy who has to follow the Constitution to to his job. You can vote a tought congress in the midterms if you like. The early bird special is calling your name.

:shock: Way to panic ! I have no words. What the friggetty frack ?!?!? She was stone-cold sober and honestly thought this? I blame (in part) the right wing media which greatly over-exaggerated the perceived 'risks' of an Obama presidency. They stirred up this frenzy and then suffer absolutely no repercussions. I'm horrified.

So she was convinced of her family facing hardship due to Obama being elected? Yet just brought on a lot of that hardship herself. She's going certainly going to jail, and who knows how well her husband will recover; he may be permanently disabled for all we know. What an idiot.

If you have no identifying information on your FB, then sure. But then, you won't get fired for spouting racist garbage if no one knows who you are.

What you say in public reflects on your employer. Imagine if a black person in that community sees the racist FB post because she is friends with one of the racist's FB friends. She recognizes the racist as the receptionist from her doctor's office and tells her friends. None of them feel comfortable going to that clinic anymore and then the doctor suddenly is losing tons of business. The clinic can and should fire an employee who causes them to lose business through their own indiscretion, unless there is a contract or union involved. Racists are not a federally protected group.

This.

Plus I would think that there could be concerns about potential malpractice claims if the clinic kept the woman on staff. They now have a higher risk due to patients thinking that they aren't getting the right or enough care due to race.

I used to work for an insurance company that specialized in medical malpractice insurance policies for doctors and one aspect of their risk management programs was making docs and staff aware that a patient simply feeling that they didn't get the right care, for any reason, was enough to bring on a claim.

This.

Plus I would think that there could be concerns about potential malpractice claims if the clinic kept the woman on staff. They now have a higher risk due to patients thinking that they aren't getting the right or enough care due to race.

I used to work for an insurance company that specialized in medical malpractice insurance policies for doctors and one aspect of their risk management programs was making docs and staff aware that a patient simply feeling that they didn't get the right care, for any reason, was enough to bring on a claim.

I see your points and they are valid. I also work in professional liability insurance and know that a claim can be brought for any reason (or no reason at all.) I'm also aware of the concept of employment at will and that racists are not a protected class. What bothers me about this situation is the degree in which employers can intrude into the off-hours activities of employees. What would the reaction be if the woman was fired from the doctor's office for having an Obama sign on her lawn and the doctors were concerned that patients would think she supported Obamacare?

Later in the day, a woman in her 40's came in having a cunvulsive panic attack. She was so upset that she felt that she may need to go back on disabily for her severe depression. She told me that the country was being taken over by Muslims and other undesireables and that all of her hard work was going to be lost. I told her to give it a week or two beofre asking her psychiatrist to do the paperwork to puf her back on disability.

Would that be the same disability that's one of the entitlements that all of these non-white, non-Christian people think the government owes them?

Would that be the same disability that's one of the entitlements that all of these non-white, non-Christian people think the government owes them?

Exactly what I was thinking!

Wow. That sounds like something from 1930's Germany.

I have been debating how to share this. On the day after election day (in the state of Florida...which remained undecided), I hade several patients come into my office who were physically ill from the outcome of the presidential election. I was genuinely nonplussed to see these folks who literally got physicaly sick. There was a very elderly brother and sister who were shaking visibly. The sister's blood pressure was 190/118. She was staring into space, chanting prayers. The brother was very pale. He sat back in the chair, eye closed, telling me that he had lost his desire to eat and was waiting for god to take him. These folks are 87 and 91 respctively. They were both initially from Ohio and I resisted the urge to point out that had they stayed in Ohio to vote, they may have had a bigger impact on the outcome. Strategic error on their part. These people looked at me and told me that the America they loved was gone. It was taken over by people who were not properly Christian and were from foreign cultures. I pointed out that my own grandparents were not Christian (nor am I) and that they came from a different cuture. They were seen as somewhat vulgar and untrustworthy. In 2 generations, these folks seem to be living in an area rich with seconde generation Eastrn European Jews and it is working out ok. They told me this was different Jews are really white and they have the Old Testament and they work hard and generally aren't "takers". I then asked how they would be livign without Medicare and Social Security. "We EARNED that, they said." I pointed out that I earned it too, but I was unlikely to get those things. And the reason is not the brown people who are not Christian, but the two generations of retirees alive today.

I rechecked the old lady's blood pressure which was still elevated. She refused an change in her meds. I encouraged the old man to eat some breakfast and forget about this election, which in reality has little effect on the super aged. The both smiled at me weakly andtoddled out of the office thanking me for my concern.

I shook my head all day. It is still racism. It jusy is. It is not about whether thee should be entitlements. It is about that they should be for white, Christian people. Electing Obama in 2008 was scary as hell for them. They figured that most of the eletorate would see what it was in 4 years and beg to go back to a rich white guy at the helm. Amazing. I will call it POSD (Post Obama Stress Disorder). And really, go back to living your life guys. He is a really smart guy who has to follow the Constitution to to his job. You can vote a tought congress in the midterms if you like. The early bird special is calling your name.

Unbelievable! Who hasn't been on the losing end of an election? The world doesn't end. We lived through GWB, these folks will live through Obama. Some of these people just need to grab the handrail.

I took my dad to the doctor's office the other day and had the pleasure of sharing the waiting room with an elderly woman who was either fundie, just plain brainwashed by the likes of Faux News or both. She was speaking loudly to a younger man whom I believe was her son.

1) She complained that the "non-Christians" are rigging the election and that "Christians" were harassed at the polls (in Western MD).

Western Maryland is much like West Virginia, I can't imagine there were non-Christians available to "harass" anyone at the polls. Some guy in a beret stood outside a polling place in Pennsylvania, but whether or not he was harrassing people depends on your political ideology.

foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06/new-black-panthers-back-at-philly-voting-site/

2) A little OT, but in the same vein, Bloomberg is forbidding people from feeding the homeless. This just made her sick and shows how Democrats are so godless they would actually prevent those displaced and hungry because of Sandy from receiving help. (Incidentally, does anyone here know the origin of the Bloomberg/don't feed the homeless tale? In couldn't find much information on the Interwebz.)
After Bloomberg got on the anti-obesity train, he banned certain food donations to shelters because there's no way to determine the nutritional value. This occured in March, but since Sandy hit NYC and there's a lot of people suddenly homeless and needing to be fed, the story has made a comeback.

huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/20/bloomberg-bans-food-donat_n_1367542.html

Bloomberg has a point that the homeless are people too and shouldn't be eating calorie laden crap, but many homeless people prefer eating unhealthily to the alternative of starvation.

3) A congressman (whom she didn't name) has been going to Mexico to teach the people there how to get onto US food stamps.
Sounds like story from July.

dailycaller.com/2012/07/19/usda-partnering-with-mexico-to-boost-food-stamp-participation/

4) She thanked her son (or whomever her was with her) for being a Christian, because nobody else would understand or care.
I'm not a Christian, yet I responded to all of her paranoid points. :)

She was basically spouting a bunch of paranoia that I can't seem to back up with even loosely related data.

I see your points and they are valid. I also work in professional liability insurance and know that a claim can be brought for any reason (or no reason at all.) I'm also aware of the concept of employment at will and that racists are not a protected class. What bothers me about this situation is the degree in which employers can intrude into the off-hours activities of employees. What would the reaction be if the woman was fired from the doctor's office for having an Obama sign on her lawn and the doctors were concerned that patients would think she supported Obamacare?

The woman was not fired for supporting Romney. She was fired for publicly throwing around racial slurs.

Read a little between the lines of the first paragraph of this month's Dad's Corner. I don't think Steve Maxwell is too happy about the election outcome, although he doesn't come right out and say so.

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/is-there-poison-in-your-home.html

Read a little between the lines of the first paragraph of this month's Dad's Corner. I don't think Steve Maxwell is too happy about the election outcome, although he doesn't come right out and say so.

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/is-there-poison-in-your-home.html

Does Steve even know what oligarchy means?

Archived