IGNORED

The Official Free Jinger US Election Day Thread

Alecto

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wearing my lucky "Cats for Peace" tee shirt. I voted by mail weeks ago. Since CA is so reliably blue in presidential elections, my husband threw away his vote, went even further left, and voted the Barr/Sheehan ticket.

Seriously. :lol:

Those 800 votes they dumped in Broward Co. look to be pivotal at the moment, with Mittens holding a 1000 vote lead at the moment.

(edited to add the Oxford comma, y'all!)

On pins and needles awaiting the Duggar election results. Was Zach Bates up for re-election?

1.5 hour wait here in MN. I'm pretty confident Obama will take MN, but this election is scary. This is my second time voting in the Presidential election, but only my first time voting from inside the country. (last time I was doing study abroad and voted absentee) Is it ALWAYS this stressful?

In my experience, yes.

LOL, Casey (who beat Frothy 6 years ago) gets another term in PA.

PA is an awesome pickup.

NC is KILLING me.

MurDICK is closing. Fuck.

NC and FL are tied. The latest before commercial (on NBC) had Florida at 80% with Mittens ahead by 12,000ish votes. NC (local) is showing 90% with Obama up 11,000.

Clearly I did not stock enough beer and smoking items for this evening.

Even withOUT booze, I'll be Walking Dead during my 7:30am class tomorrow morning. I was sick last week, so I can't ditch out again.

Even withOUT booze, I'll be Walking Dead during my 7:30am class tomorrow morning. I was sick last week, so I can't ditch out again.

That's what energy drinks are for. Trust me, you will not be the only one with an election hangover in the morning, whether you actually drink anything harder than milk tonight or not.

NBC News has called Wisconsin for Obama.

Obama - 158

Romney 153

There is 636 votes separating Obama and Romney in Florida

Edited for repetitive info. NC is over a million to Romney now.. still 17% to count.

Dammit.

ETA I realize that 17% and 90% as in my previous post don't add up. I'm just reading the bottom of the screen.. back to my drink.

Edited for repetitive info. NC is over a million to Romney now.. still 17% to count.

Dammit.

NC is where Petey Bradrick lives. He must have a lot of influence there. LOL. But damn it!

My mom, roommate and I are all congregated around the computer, watching YouTube coverage and refreshing that NPR page one of FJ's lovely posters linked to. Come on, Obama! Good luck, America, no matter what happens!

NC is where Petey Bradrick lives. He must have a lot of influence there. LOL. But damn it!

He may, but he lives in a more liberal part of the state. I've always found that ironic. The mountain side is more Bible thumpin Republican, and the ocean side is more rich Republican. Extreme generalization, of course, but it is undeniable that the middle of the state where UNC, Duke, NC State are is mostly liberal. Petey and the Baby Warriors are around the middle, I believe.

Florida's giving me election 2000 flashbacks.

I'm an Independent but I voted straight across the Democratic party line. I'm in Oklahoma and the people here eat crazy cake daily so I doubt any of the Dems will win.

Elizabeth Warren has defeated Scott Brown in Massachusetts. This is a fairly big Democratic win, since Brown was the head of the anti-Obamacare charge.

Democrats also pick up a senate seat in Indiana! Murdock (Rape is God's Will) has been defeated!

Elizabeth Warren has defeated Scott Brown in Massachusetts. This is a fairly big Democratic win, since Brown was the head of the anti-Obamacare charge.

Democrats also pick up a senate seat in Indiana! Murdock (Rape is God's Will) has been defeated!

This is so heartening. Mitt's influence in the Murdock campaign did little. Sweet.

Down goes MurDICK! Down goes MurDICK! DOWN GOES MURDICK!

Great pickup in a reliably red state (that swung blue in '08 for the first time in a zillion years, back to red this year).

A lot of votes still out in Dade and Broward Cos. Good news for Obama there.

Massachusetts has decriminalized medical marijuana.

New Hampshire has been called for Obama

Obama - 162

Romney - 153

The board is filling in on "classic electoral patterns"

Marijuana is winning in Colorado! Obama gets another state! I feel like Rebecca eleventy!!!

Calling for Claire McCaskill over Akin in Missouri by over 10 percentage points, thanks to the FSM!

Archived