IGNORED

The Official Free Jinger US Election Day Thread

Alecto

It's Election Day 2012! Don't forget to vote!

Election Day News Resources:

Real Clear Politics Real Time Election Data

Google Elections Coverage and Google Live Feeds

Xbox Live will have live feeds of most major networks tonight.

And I will be using my retired journalism skills to do some coverage here and on Facebook as well!

7pm EST update

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13718&p=416226#p416226

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. Thanks Alecto.

I can watch here for updates as I still find the US system difficult at times. Winning blue thoughts with you all.

I have officially voted. I have no qualms saying that I have cast my vote for Obama. As a woman and a supporter of gay rights and marriage equality, I could not, in good conscience vote otherwise. Doesn't really matter as my city and state will be RomneyLand no matter what I do, but at least I didn't go unheard.

(copying and pasting from facebook cause I don't feel ilke retyping it.)

I went to vote today when the polls opened at 6, and a woman there was flipping out because they couldn't find her name in the registered voter book. SHe was crying and yelling about how it was a conspiracy and Obama just didn't want Republicans voting. They found her name (they misspelled it in the book i guess) and by that time I was ahead of her in line to get the ballot but she cut ahead of me and when I said hey, I was there, can you please step back, she flipped out again and started yelling about how she was in line since 5:45 am, she wanted to vote, she was there first, etc. Batshit crazy. I feel bad for the people working at the polls, having to deal with people like that all day. Her husband wasn't much better either. Yikes.

(end copy and paste)

I voted Obama! :)

This is on campus today, thought of the Jingerites:

22593_4534356873205_461730483_n.jpg

...because it actually sorta does.

I haven't voted yet but I'll hopefully be going around 1:00.

I voted a while back since we are vote by mail. I just hope we know the winner early on and this doesn't drag out past tomorrow.

Eta: and if it makes anyone here feel better, I voted Romney but even I am pretty sure at this point that Obama is going to take it. :)

I voted early here, since I thought I was going to be out of town. The line was 2 hours long last week. I fear what it will be today. My SO will not be voting until after work.

I voted early, and it feels wonderful to not have to worry about going to the polls today, since everyone at my house is sick. :( So f it, I'm going back to bed!

Guest Anonymous
I voted a while back since we are vote by mail. I just hope we know the winner early on and this doesn't drag out past tomorrow.

Eta: and if it makes anyone here feel better, I voted Romney but even I am pretty sure at this point that Obama is going to take it. :)

Who did you vote for again, Beeks? I'm pretty sure you haven't mentioned it eleventy times yet. Honestly at this point it feels like you're trying to start shit.

Who did you vote for again, Beeks? I'm pretty sure you haven't mentioned it eleventy times yet. Honestly at this point it feels like you're trying to start shit.

I mentioned it once before. This is an election thread - I can't say who I voted for? Come on. I'm not trying to start anything at all. I'm participating like anyone else.

Eta: actually maybe twice before? I mentioned it once on the snark board and once on the gay marriage thresd in chatter. The only reason I mentioned it in the gay marriage thread was to underline why I thought gay marriage would be allowed in WA.

Guest Anonymous
I mentioned it once before. This is an election thread - I can't say who I voted for? Come on. I'm not trying to start anything at all. I'm participating like anyone else.

I am positive I didn't tell you what you can or can't say. Shout your Romney vote from the hypothetical internet rooftops if you want to. I still think you're attempting to shit stir. Note: I did not say that you aren't entitled to do exactly that.

**ETA: Thanks for the edit, because I knew it was more than once and you saved me the trouble of looking it up.

I am positive I didn't tell you what you can or can't say. Shout your Romney vote from the hypothetical internet rooftops if you want to. I still think you're attempting to shit stir. Note: I did not say that you aren't entitled to do exactly that.

**ETA: Thanks for the edit, because I knew it was more than once and you saved me the trouble of looking it up.

You're welcome - I have a horrible memory. I guarantee you I'm not trying to shit stir - I hate online debates about politics. I truly think Obama is going to win and I find election day exciting no matter the outcome.

Guest Anonymous
I am a nervous wreck about this election.

I'm blue, straight down the line. Big surprise, that.

Feel free to come hold my hand, I'm a bit of a mess myself.

Just on my way to work after casting my vote! My husband voted earlier this morning, too. It felt good to be able to vote against Paul Ryan twice in one ballot (he is my congressman, too. Ugh.)

ETA: just to be clear, I take public transportation to work...I promise I'm not posting and driving. I'm not Josh Duggar. ;)

Fingers crossed for you all that Obama gets in again.

My state does "mail only" balloting, so my vote was counted on 10/22/12 (yes, I checked the status online!).

I voted for Obama for all the right reasons. :)

My children and I will be watching the returns tonight starting at 5pm (we are obviously on the west coast). Jammies, slippers, big bowls of popcorn. They are 13 and 10, so were not interested in the election 4 years ago, so this is their first big election.

I think we all know it's all about the electoral college win. So, we will be watching as the evening progresses. It sometimes feels insignificant to live on the west coast. We switched to mail ballot only for the first time, but the ballots only have to be POSTMARKED by today, not RECEIVED by today, so we'll see how that goes. Anyone else in a mail ballot only state? I'm guessing returns can start to be posted earlier than the old 8pm standard poll-closing time?

Fingers crossed for an Obama win! I am possibly too nervous about this for a non-American. I only work Wednesday-Friday but I wish I had work today so I wouldn't be worrying about this all day. Not that it matters but if I could vote, I'd vote for Obama. My thoughts are with all of you whose uteruses (uteri?) or rights as an LGBT person depends on it. None of our elections ride on those issues, so it's really scary for me to think about. Anyone know what time we'll know the results? This is the second American election I've followed, and in 2008 I just assumed Obama would win so i wasn't as worried.

My state does "mail only" balloting, so my vote was counted on 10/22/12 (yes, I checked the status online!).

I voted for Obama for all the right reasons. :)

My children and I will be watching the returns tonight starting at 5pm (we are obviously on the west coast). Jammies, slippers, big bowls of popcorn. They are 13 and 10, so were not interested in the election 4 years ago, so this is their first big election.

I think we all know it's all about the electoral college win. So, we will be watching as the evening progresses. It sometimes feels insignificant to live on the west coast. We switched to mail ballot only for the first time, but the ballots only have to be POSTMARKED by today, not RECEIVED by today, so we'll see how that goes. Anyone else in a mail ballot only state? I'm guessing returns can start to be posted earlier than the old 8pm standard poll-closing time?

Hey there - I am also in WA and I don't know if we'll have all our results tonight, especially for governor. I was just reading a Seattle Times article that said only about 60% of the ballots will be counted by tonight, but they should have 90% done by the end of the week.

I was at my polling place when the doors opened, & only waited 45 minutes. I proudly cast my vote for President Obama! (Feels good to "say that out loud" - if I really said it out loud around here it would probably cause a riot. :(

This is my daughter's first time to vote. She was supposed to meet me but decided to wait a little later. She's proudly voting Obama,too, even has an Obama/Biden sticker on her car, which ticks off her fundie conservative Republican dad. I'm a proud mama!

I'm hearing that democratic counties in Va. have a good turnout. Journalist Jamelle Bouie overheard someone saying turnout in Va. doesn't bode well for Romney. High turnout is usually good news for Democrats. I hope these reports are true!

My fiance is throwing away his vote because he doesnt like either candidate. So he's not voting on the presidential. At least, that's what he told me. He may be voting for Romney and not want to tell me. But he did say that he didnt want to vote for Romney because of women's issues and LGBT rights. But he is mostly concerned about money as he is a small business owner. I dont know how he thinks Romney will fix that. But, oh well. He thinks the deficit will get worse under Obama until all the tax cuts are canceled.

Anyway, I voted for Obama.

Archived