IGNORED

The Official Free Jinger US Election Day Thread

Alecto

I think Ohio is really key and if I recall correctly, that's the state that won it for Obama the first time. My daughter went to college in Ohio--the kind of ultra liberal school that would curl the right-wingers toes (she said there were about 3 students in the Republican club) and one of the very first things she did at freshman registration was register to vote--her first. Her college was extremely active in getting out the vote and on election night she called us crying and screaming into the phone "We did it! Ohio made it happen!" She very much regretted that she couldn't vote in Ohio this time around.

OO! Which ultra liberal Ohio college did she go to? *curious Ohioan who also went to an ultra liberal Ohio college*

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oberlin. Evil, evil Oberlin. How Michelle Malkin lasted four years there I'll never know.

I've posted this in chatter, but I'm also doing a live chat on my FB wall, so if anyone is interested, feel free to friend me and join in. There will be a LOT of us FJers there, drinking and eating cake while we make fun of Romney. (I'm (redacted) on FB, do me a favor and let me know who you are so I'm not friending random creepy lurkers. :) )

I'll be following along in here as well, I love hearing what our members in other countries think, it seems like the unanimously hope that Obama will win.

Starry, I will send you a friend request, but I don't want to put my full name here. My profile photo is of a hand drawn turkey my son made two years ago when he was 8 and colored in felt tip marker. Here I gooooo!!!!!!

Oh, wait, there are two(redacted) ! One that is a public figure and one that isn't. Hmmm. Well, I'll try the non-public figure one first.

Starry, I will send you a friend request, but I don't want to put my full name here. My profile photo is of a hand drawn turkey my son made two years ago when he was 8 and colored in felt tip marker. Here I gooooo!!!!!!

Oh, wait, there are two (redacted) ! One that is a public figure and one that isn't. Hmmm. Well, I'll try the non-public figure one first.

Isn't she also the public figure? She's pretty cupcake-y:D But I friended the person one as well! And sent a message along with it so you know I'm no lurker.

I just voted and again this year just like the past 7, they didn't have my name in the book. The book still has my maiden name. When is the board of elections going to look at my name change request and put it in the book? They send me a card every year telling me where to vote with my married name written right on it. Oh well, I still got to vote, I just had to sign my maiden name and then again with my married name.

Oberlin. Evil, evil Oberlin. How Michelle Malkin lasted four years there I'll never know.

Oh, the most ebil and liberal of all Ohio colleges. Oberlin is notorious. ;)

I went to Hiram (which is equally as liberal, just not as well known). We were in the same sports conference as Oberlin, though. And I've biked through the campus. My brother got married on the campus, in fact. It's a beautiful school with a great educational reputation.

I just voted and again this year just like the past 7, they didn't have my name in the book. The book still has my maiden name. When is the board of elections going to look at my name change request and put it in the book? They send me a card every year telling me where to vote with my married name written right on it. Oh well, I still got to vote, I just had to sign my maiden name and then again with my married name.

We have motor voter so if you change your name or address with the DMV or on a ID your voter registration is up dated.

I did change on them motor-voter form 7 years ago and contacted the board of elections. I guess some things in NY are kinda slow.

Sparkles, I was going to ask if it was Oberlin. My niece's step-father is an alum and now her half sister is a freshman there. Great school.

I voted about an hour ago. I don't ask others who they voted for and if you aren't my sister, son, daughter, or best friend I don't tell.

I think WI will have a high turnout. I've lived in MN the previous 23 years. MN always has the highest turnout in the country. Interestingly they also have the highest rate of library use. Perhaps the two are related.

I did change on them motor-voter form 7 years ago and contacted the board of elections. I guess some things in NY are kinda slow.

Wow. Ours is almost instantaneous. But Boregonia is a small state. IIRC you get an acknowledgement in the mail a few days after you change. I always check at the court house just to be sure, but it's rather quick around here.

How DOES that work? Ryan is running on the VP ticket, AND for his old seat? What if he won both? (I know, I know, I shuddered just writing that...) Would there be an alternate for his congressional seat?

I am so hoping Ryan loses both. :twisted: (If he won both, he'd give up his old seat.) Douche has never been anything but a politician, never had a real job outside of politics. The look on his face would be absolutely priceless. :lol: :D

Voted in my precinct early this morning, then went to teach, where I ended up helping my displaced students figure out where to vote. NYC voters can vote at any polling place today, at least for state and national races. Fortunately the school is a polling place, so we went over to the site after class. Many of them are 19, 20, 21 & voting for the first time--they are quite excited! And oddly, I think it's helping things get back to normal around here--proof positive that we have a working government and social infrastructure, post-Sandy. :)

Is he actually on the ballot for both? Huh. I never thought this through, I guess.

Either way, I hope you're right!

Definitely on the ballot in both. Saw it with my own two eyes this morning. ;)

Is he actually on the ballot for both? Huh. I never thought this through, I guess.

Either way, I hope you're right!

Biden was on the ballots presidential and DE. senate ballots in 2008.

BBC News calling it for Obama here. No idea if it is accurate. They predict Virginia to call it first Midnight our time GMT then Ohio. Although said the times can never be accurate.

Would it really be all over if Obama takes Ohio? Or is it just an indication?

Obama likely has Michigan, Pennsylvania Wisconsin and Nevada. If he takes Ohio he reaches 271(he only need 270) because of the strong blue states(NY, CA etc.)

The BBC has the exit polls?

It doesn't seem likely, from what i hear. In past races the dems have basically spent no money attempting to defeat Ryan, and while Zerban has definitely had more money than past challengers, Ryan's got a pretty solid lead in the polls as far as i know.That said, he does represent some parts of the state that tend to go blue (like parts of Milwaukee county,) so anything is possible, I suppose. I think in the past Ryan has not represented himself as nearly the hard conservative that he is now running as, so that could turn off voters who may have been weak supporters of his in past years. Even our (somewhat) left-leaning newspaper had endorsed Ryan in a past election year (this year they declined to do endorsements, so no one got one.)

Rats. Well, a gal can hope!

I'm from Beloit originally and was back home visiting family 2-3 weeks ago. I was very pleasantly surprised by the number of Obama + Democratic down-ballot yard signs I saw around Beloit, which historically is not that liberal. This was in contrast to Janesville where there were, predictably, many Romney/Ryan yard signs.

Also, I'm rooting here for Tammy Baldwin - may she be the next Senator from WI! My family sure hopes she will be!

Obama likely has Michigan, Pennsylvania Wisconsin and Nevada. If he takes Ohio he reaches 271(he only need 270) because of the strong blue states(NY, CA etc.)

The BBC has the exit polls?

Not yet. It was just their read of the situation I presume.

Thanks to issues arising from moving to another state just before the elections, I had to get an absentee ballot from NC. Aaarrrggggghhhh.

But I did not vote for Romney. Even if he did have better ideas than Obama, he's moderate enough that he'd be doing nothing but fighting with his own party the whole four years.

This might be a stupid question, but I haven't seen it addressed here. How are people who have been displaced in NY due to Sandy managing to vote?

This might be a stupid question, but I haven't seen it addressed here. How are people who have been displaced in NY due to Sandy managing to vote?

I know of several people who were evacuated and still waiting to return home and all have managed to vote somewhere. As far as people who have no home to return to...I would imagine that voting isn't really a top priority right now.

Exis polls will be in shortly........I can't look. An NBC reporter just tweeted that dem and reps told her VA. looks like 08 :D. Also, turnout has been great in PA and OH indem areas.

I voted! Haven't seen any exit polls yet, although I'm not sure how accurate they are anyway.

Going to let my school aged son stay up and watch some results with us tonight.

We are one of twelve states also electing a new governor so that is a big race we're watching as well.

Archived