IGNORED

The Official Free Jinger US Election Day Thread

Alecto

Thank you to all the good friends here who talked me through a very long day on Facebook!

I am so relieved this is over. Warren/Clinton 2016!

OMG, dream ticket. I am so pleased that Elizabeth Warren now has Teddy K's seat. She's one of the few politicians worthy of it.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, dream ticket. I am so pleased that Elizabeth Warren now has Teddy K's seat. She's one of the few politicians worthy of it.

I would LOVE to see Warren/Clinton in 2016. Fingers crossed that Obama makes some positive headway these next 4 years so Dems will be in favor going in. Although, wouldn't the Dems have to put up Biden first? I don't remember how that whole process works.

I know there were a lot of unhappy people when W got re-elected in 2004, but I don't recall any of the "We're all going to hell, RIP, America, It's the end of the world!!!" vitriol we are hearing today.

I hate to say it, but I really think all this hatred is racially motivated.

I know there were a lot of unhappy people when W got re-elected in 2004, but I don't recall any of the "We're all going to hell, RIP, America, It's the end of the world!!!" vitriol we are hearing today.

And if it is, it takes our country back 200 years, doesn't it? My fear is that there will be an assassination attempt on Obama. I'm sure security for that man has been like that of no other president. The hatred I have seen for him is so super f'd up.

Well, it didn't have a religious bent to it, but I thought America was completely fucked when W was reelected. Then again, like I said in another thread, I was a melodramatic 14-year-old at the time. And in retrospect, although Romney winning would have scared me about the future of the country, I wouldn't think that it would be the end of the country.

And if it is, it takes our country back 200 years, doesn't it? My fear is that there will be an assassination attempt on Obama. I'm sure security for that man has been like that of no other president. The hatred I have seen for him is so super f'd up.

It has--he had security longer than any other candidate ever had during the 2008 primary cycle. I don't know. When you looked the other cases of assassination in American history (something I'm pretty well versed) in, most assassins weren't like the people who hate Obama. They tended to be somebody who was somewhat off who wanted to kill the president for some weird reason you wouldn't expect, because of what he was a symbol of as the American president instead of who he was personally or because their disturbed minds thought it would solve some weird personal problem of theirs. I mean, these people are scary and I think their is a lot of racism in their hatred, but I think Obama is smart enough to keep himself as well protected as possible. American presidents used to walk around unprotected as a matter of principle. I think Obama knows that in this day and age as the first AA president of the US, that doesn't make much sense.

For the same reason that I hope Obama will stop being so accommodating of teh crazy in Congress--he never has to face reelection again so he doesn't have to fear repercussions of his actions in the next election cycle.

This. He made me furious when he let the Repugs just yank him around by his tie. Now maybe he'll grow some balls -- or more accurately, use the ones I know he has.

My fb is full of butthurt this morning. I'm about to get a few people to flounce too it seems. But you know if you still think Obama is a muslim, you don't have enough brains to be my friend so I'm not real worried about you flouncing. :violin:

I got my first ban :dance: on FB because some shit story was going around from a FB "friend" that her mother wasn't going to get her cancer treatments covered by her insurance co. as of the first of the year because ObamaCare would "block" the coverage somehow. Nuh-uh. ObamaCare's not even due to kick in until 2014 here, so how is it possible OC *could* block the treatments a year before inception even if that *were* true (which it's not)? :P

Well, it didn't have a religious bent to it, but I thought America was completely fucked when W was reelected. Then again, like I said in another thread, I was a melodramatic 14-year-old at the time. And in retrospect, although Romney winning would have scared me about the future of the country, I wouldn't think that it would be the end of the country.

I was 14 too! And I wept like a baby when I got home from school that day. I'm glad I learned that the world will keep spinning no matter what and things can be dealt with as they come.

I now go to University in Canada and someone asked me how I would feel if Romney won. I said after getting through eight years of Bush, I could easily handle four years of Romney, even if I was unhappy about it.

John Boehner has become awfully conciliatory all of a sudden. Did he win by a significantly smaller margin this time? It does come as a pleasant surprise, but there has to be a reason, and fear for his own reelection in 2 years would be the strongest driving force, IMO.

The 2 year term for representatives is so inefficient. They spend most of their time trying to get reelected. A four year term, with the election at mid-term would still give the people the chance to voice their displeasure with congress. Just MHO.

I am happy to report that my congressional district has FINALLY finished counting votes and Mary Bono Mack (R-CA) is out. She has been in Congress for eight terms but this time she met her match in Dr. Raul Ruiz, our new Congressman! Hooray!!! Her husband, Connie Mack (R FL) also lost his race for the Senate. They will both be unemployed in January but, as these things go, I'm sure they will be back one way or another.

Now that's wack. How can you be married and politicians in two different states?! Obviously they each reside in a different state. How the hell does a marriage work like that?? It sickens me because it's obvious they are both just career politician and they went where there was opportunity.

I am happy to report that my congressional district has FINALLY finished counting votes and Mary Bono Mack (R-CA) is out. She has been in Congress for eight terms but this time she met her match in Dr. Raul Ruiz, our new Congressman! Hooray!!! Her husband, Connie Mack (R FL) also lost his race for the Senate. They will both be unemployed in January but, as these things go, I'm sure they will be back one way or another.

They are both bazillionaire members of the 1%, they will use their money to influence party politics for a long time. They don't fear running out of money.

Archived