IGNORED

Saw a Duggar sign in Tontitown

Kitchen Princess

This morning when I was driving through I saw a John Duggar for Alderman sign.

I guess he is running again. It is the first time I saw one this time, and the absolutely on sign on any of the main drags that I saw.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that Smugly would go all out for every other random candidate he can find but not his own brother!

It is interesting. Not a peep out of Smugs about John.

I think the publicity would be bad if everyone knew that he lost a second time. They are the ideal family (supposedly) yet no one in their town wants to elect John Duggar.

I also go with jealous. He's probably hoping John loses.

He probably resents his brother on a lot of different levels.

Jealousy probably fits. As for reasons, hmm...

1) John has a house of his own lined up, without being in thrall to Jim Bob like Josh is.

2) Same for John's business.

3) John has an actual work ethic that pays off, thereby quietly showing Josh up.

4) John actually gets to run for office, however minor league.

Others?

I also go with jealous. He's probably hoping John loses.

He probably resents his brother on a lot of different levels.

John seems to have a productive business, a house that he earned himself (even though we havent seen it or have any idea what condition its in), a political career, and isnt burdened by any blessings. Sure, he doesnt get to have sex, but I think he has the life smugly thought was his.

John is methodically avoiding all of the mistakes Josh made. Josh rushed to marry at 20 because he was horny. Now he's married to a woman he barely knew, has a job he hates, depends on his father for that job and his grandmother for his tiny rent-controlled house. I'm sure he loves his blessings, but he's figured out by now how expensive and demanding they are.

I don't doubt for a second that Boob is behind JD's campaign. Just as I don't doubt that Jim Bob wouldn't want Josh running for dog catcher. John is quiet and dependable. Josh would turn a campaign into an embarrassing three ring circus. And still end up losing.

Given the gazillion google searches for "duggar" you'd think he'd have a website. I'm quite sure the leghumpers would LOVE to donate to his campaign. They'd even drive down for a chance to meet them and knock on door talking about how awesome a... whats he running for again??? would be... Didnt smugly have some website/logo business too?

Insanely. I almost, almost feel sorry for the fat smug ass.

I find it interesting that Smugs himself isn't running.* He's the one who's made such a big deal about his desire to get involved in politics and yet he won't even try for something in his own town?

*Don't get me wrong, I don't ever expect Smugs to do anything productive, just find it funny that he's all talk and no action whereas his brother is no talk and all action.

It isn't God not being on their side, it's that elusive sin in the camp that's the real problem. Presumably Josiah's the present scapegoat, although maybe Joy takes indirect heat for not keeping sweet enough as well.

John seems to have a productive business, a house that he earned himself (even though we haven't seen it or have any idea what condition its in), a political career, and isn't burdened by any blessings. Sure, he doesnt get to have sex, but I think he has the life smugly thought was his.

If he has his own house and is sleeping there how can you be sure? Even if it's only a right-hand date that's still more than the rest of the boys.

Go John!

I find it interesting that Smugs himself isn't running.* He's the one who's made such a big deal about his desire to get involved in politics and yet he won't even try for something in his own town?

*Don't get me wrong, I don't ever expect Smugs to do anything productive, just find it funny that he's all talk and no action whereas his brother is no talk and all action.

I really think Smuggar, in his own mind is so exceptional that he should be elected to high office soon, without ever doing a bit of work for it. Just as he was handed a wife, business, and house without earning any of them. Remember, Smuggar was the king of the TTH. He was the only Duggarling to get his own bedroom (didn't he get the "video editing room" for his own?), and he got privileges and treatment none of the others did. Jim Blob and Mullet created the beast that is Smuggar, and now the beast doesn't understand why nobody else realizes how wonderful he is.

Anybody want to troll Smug's Instagram or Twitter and ask why he isn't John David's biggest booster?

Oh please, that would mean that he has to actually *gasp* work. And probably drag his ass out of bed early. He probably expects Daddy to buy him a good political career without him having to do anything. He's like Veruca Salt, 'daddy I want it, get it for me'.

I really think Smuggar, in his own mind is so exceptional that he should be elected to high office soon, without ever doing a bit of work for it. Just as he was handed a wife, business, and house without earning any of them. Remember, Smuggar was the king of the TTH. He was the only Duggarling to get his own bedroom (didn't he get the "video editing room" for his own?), and he got privileges and treatment none of the others did. Jim Blob and Mullet created the beast that is Smuggar, and now the beast doesn't understand why nobody else realizes how wonderful he is.

Anybody want to troll Smug's Instagram or Twitter and ask why he isn't John David's biggest booster?

I hope Josh tries that soon. I would pay to see that. That and I'd pay to see him compete on one of those trashy reality shows for washed up celebrities.

I'm sorry but compared to Smuggar, John David has a better work ethic. Smuggar is all talk-no action. He puts up this act that he's a hard working husband, making money to provide for his family on camera but majority of the time, he pretends to play politician as if he knows what he's talking about. I think he's been taking "Little Politician" nickname way too seriously and seriously thinks that by attending fundraisers, he knows what it takes to make it into the political world. Even though John David is JB and Michelle's son, he really doesn't care about media attention and does his own thing. We have seen more pictures of Smuggar following senators, congressmen, etc around than him actually working at his car lot. The only time we see him "working" is when the cameras are rolling just to shut up the critics; other than that, he's a lazy ass who thinks he has what it takes to get into politics. I'm not saying John David is any better to be running for anything but at least the boy has a good work ethic compared to Josh.

A part of me thinks that Smuggar might have some jealously issues towards John David, which is why we haven't seen him post anything about his younger brother. I think that's why we see Smuggar playing make believe politics to show us that he has what it takes, when we all know he's just full of it.

Archived