IGNORED

Saw a Duggar sign in Tontitown

Kitchen Princess

Unless, of course, JB tries to push a howler into politics down the line. In which case, may I offer my preemptive LOLs.

The howlers are sadly going nowhere in life. Poor Future James would probably struggle stocking shelves in a supermarket. Matching up those funny symbols on the cans would take him too long.

Josiah and the twins are Booby's best bets in the political arena, assuming they haven't emancipated themselves from mental slavery by then.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could that mean it's effectively the end of any Duggar political aspirations if Joseph doesn't step up, then? Even if Jed or Jer can be strongarmed into running when their time comes—and that's if, because while I don't know that they'd be as problematic as Josiah, they also don't strike me as being as readily compliant as the older boys—that's five years down the road. By which time the show will be long over, some kind of jailbreak may well have happened, and, you know, the world will have moved even further away from their politics. Even leghumpers will have moved on by then.

Unless, of course, JB tries to push a howler into politics down the line. In which case, may I offer my preemptive LOLs.

God could always call JB to run again, once he gives up trying for #20 he'll have more free time on his hands. Politics can be his alternative to parenting the younger kids.

JimBob should have educated his kids better if he wanted them to be the ones ruling the country one day.

Isn't that the ultimate irony of the quiverful movement? That and the fact that it's hard to find enough likeminded whack jobs for their kids to breed with. As of the beginning of next year, Jim Bob and Michelle will have seven adult children and only one is married off.

God could always call JB to run again, once he gives up trying for #20 he'll have more free time on his hands. Politics can be his alternative to parenting the younger kids.

I suppose JB's dumb/arrogant enough that he could try running again. But I was under the impression that even if the show hadn't happened, he'd already exposed his wingnut agenda and was damaged goods on a political level? Of course, nowadays he'd be lucky to survive any kind of primary.

Isn't that the ultimate irony of the quiverful movement? That and the fact that it's hard to find enough likeminded whack jobs for their kids to breed with. As of the beginning of next year, Jim Bob and Michelle will have seven adult children and only one is married off.

I'd be afraid of Quiverful if the kids were allowed decent education and jobs outside the home. Since those will never happen, they're doomed to failure. it's just a shame so many kids will end up wasting their lives in the process.

This x 1000. The irony of it all makes me shake my head in wonder that people can have so little foresight.

It's very interesting that among the dozens of political posts referencing all sorts of obscure conservative candidates that Josh has made in the last few days the only mention of his brother was pointing out he had lost.

I agree that if Josh had endorsed him the leghumper vote probably would have got him over the line.

I suppose JB's dumb/arrogant enough that he could try running again. But I was under the impression that even if the show hadn't happened, he'd already exposed his wingnut agenda and was damaged goods on a political level? Of course, nowadays he'd be lucky to survive any kind of primary.

I could sort of see JB giving it another try now that he has 20 kids to show off. He seemed to think his large family was an argument in itself to vote for him the other times, judging by the fact that they were a staple in his campaigns.

It'd be fun to watch. He'd refuse Smuggar's "help" and Smuggar would get all butthurt and not post a word about his father running until it came time to live-tweet him losing. People from FJ would show up to his debates and ask him tough questions.

It's very interesting that among the dozens of political posts referencing all sorts of obscure conservative candidates that Josh has made in the last few days the only mention of his brother was pointing out he had lost.

I agree that if Josh had endorsed him the leghumper vote probably would have got him over the line.

If he had an "event" at the carlot with a get out the vote event I'm quite sure he could have gotten a few absentee ballots filled out for all of his obscure candidates - and his brother. A branding guru he is not.

Guest Anonymous
Jealousy probably fits. As for reasons, hmm...

1) John has a house of his own lined up, without being in thrall to Jim Bob like Josh is.

2) Same for John's business.

3) John has an actual work ethic that pays off, thereby quietly showing Josh up.

4) John actually gets to run for office, however minor league.

Others?

John isn't becoming grossly overweight.

John isn't saddled down with kids and probably more on the way soon.

John probably has more fun in his life.

Guest Anonymous
John is methodically avoiding all of the mistakes Josh made. Josh rushed to marry at 20 because he was horny. Now he's married to a woman he barely knew, has a job he hates, depends on his father for that job and his grandmother for his tiny rent-controlled house. I'm sure he loves his blessings, but he's figured out by now how expensive and demanding they are.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Josh and Anna just barely tolerate each other sometimes? They really didn't know each other well on any personal level since they were always chaperoned and topics for conversation had to be superficial. Then they were married and finally got to know each other. I don't think for a nanosecond that every could like that loves each other. I know of a fundy couple who said that they can finally start getting to know each other AFTER the wedding. The wifey blogged it. So they married as almost strangers for the sex, she's no longer a nubile young thing since she's now a baby-factory open for business, and I doubt a whole lot of sex is happening with a couple toddlers and the expectation to do stuff for the show. Anna's look of love is really a look of exhaustion I think, and I think that because she's often hunched a bit.

John isn't becoming grossly overweight.

John isn't saddled down with kids and probably more on the way soon.

John probably has more fun in his life.

John is humble and doesn't boast all over the internet.

John is content.

John is living up to the fundy ideal of being happy without being worldly.

The skills John has chosen to learn are paying off whereas Josh's flashy film-editing and political consulting are getting him nowhere.

John wasn't married off to the first willing woman.

John is humble and doesn't boast all over the internet.

John is content.

John is living up to the fundy ideal of being happy without being worldly.

The skills John has chosen to learn are paying off whereas Josh's flashy film-editing and political consulting are getting him nowhere.

John wasn't married off to the first willing woman.

Aha. I see I forgot "John is probably better liked within the family" on my own list. :P

Folks, let's consider the distaff Duggars' rather than the merely male. Jinger, perhaps?

We're talking about a Duggar running for office as part of the giant Duggar family. Any Duggar female that wanted to run for office would've long been distanced from J'ichelle and JB due to her lack of respect for gender roles.

In 15 years it would be very interesting if a Duggar gal rode the success of her tell-all book to political office, but her virtuous sisters will be married and raising children and not pursing silly distractions outside the home.

I would bet that girl would be Johanna.

Alderman Hannie Duggar!

More like Senator Hannie Duggar. And not of Arkansas, either. She'll be leaving there in a hurry, I expect.

Archived