IGNORED

Saw a Duggar sign in Tontitown

Kitchen Princess

From what I've read and hear aldermans are like town councilmen. Where I live, candidates for council people don't debate. I agree with socalrules, I don't see JD doing well in politics for the reasons you stated. I think JD is a tad more likable than Josh.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging from the gun picture and him wanting to name a baby Jefferson Davis, I'm guessing he possesses at least some jerkass qualities.

My great-grandfather was named Jefferson Davis Lawson. True story.

His brother was John Calhoun.

One of my cousins was named after Grandpa Jeff, too. You can imagine how he turned out - just served 18 months in prison for accepting bribes & kickbacks as a public official (building inspector). :roll: Maybe a cautionary tale for Smuggar?

From what I've read and hear aldermans are like town councilmen. Where I live, candidates for council people don't debate. I agree with socalrules, I don't see JD doing well in politics for the reasons you stated. I think JD is a tad more likable than Josh.

Yes, alderman is like being on city or town council. They serve as the legislative branch for a municipality and in most places spend a lot of their time on issues involving zoning and urban planning.

So my guess is that Boob is behind this with his own agenda.

In my neck of the woods they are called town selectmen and selectwomen and they do have debates, usually televised on local access TV. Depending on whether there are any particularly hot issues of the day in town, these can become very intense elections. Not sure about Tontitown though; it's a pretty small city.

http://www.tontitown.com/municipal.html

John talked about renting the place out until he gets married. I dont think he could take care of the the little things like cleaning and laundry. Remember the rotten food when the girls were cleaning up the TTH? John was living in that house at the time and never bothered to clean it up. He has a sweet deal living at home with free food, laundry and rent. Why mess with that while you are single.

Sex.

They made a point of showing that Smuggles had his own room and havent shown much of the sleeping situation since. My guess is they've turned it into an interview/media room, the mail room

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/dugga ... ures14.htm

Theres no label for "eldest headship in training" on the map, just "studio."

http://www.kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/ ... orPlan.pdf

It could have also become the "homeschool room." I think the studio is now just a common room. There is no video equipment in it any more.

I also tend to doubt that John - or Joseph after him - would be given a private room. The Duggars would never want to encourage their unmarried sons to engage any private time activities, regardless of their age.

If Josh was given his own room at some point, my guess would be that it was out of fear that the younger boys might witness something. Even if one dismisses the "sin in the camp" rumors of old, one gets the sense they may have had some concern about Josh and his lack of self-control.

Of course, as of now they have a lot of teenage boys - and counting. Maybe this is the real reason Grandma took over laundry duties.

I don't think Josh ever had his own bedroom. He had the "studio" area where he and another brother or two pretended to do video work and maybe some webpage design.

I don't think Josh ever had his own bedroom. He had the "studio" area where he and another brother or two pretended to do video work and maybe some webpage design.

That's quite possible. Looking on the map, I couldn't find a room that might have formerly been Josh's room. That being said, the shows made it look like Josh got a lot of alone time in that studio, it being "rugrat-free" and all. I think they purposefully turned a blind eye to him because it ended up being easier than stopping him from...you know...sinning in the camp.

The problem with JD is that we dont have any independant info on him. Unlike smuggles, he's kept his mouth shut on the internet and hasnt made an ass of himself at public appearances etc. We only know what TLC shows up, which isnt accurate. For all we know he's just as much as a douche.

I guess the fact he doesn't put his douchey opinions everywhere suggests he's slightly less of a douche. But only slightly.

I agree with those who say based on the limited evidence we have...he doesn't seem great.

It's been turned into a homeschool room. I noticed several of the older howlers on computers during a recent episode I think it was the one where Michele dragged Johannah into a closet to school her

It makes me wonder if there isn't much love lost between Smugs and JD. They are entirely different in personalities. Smugs is a loud mouth and is lazy. JD comes across as quiet, introverted and much harder working. I would guess their views are pretty much the same though. I get the impression that when (not if) Smugs tries for politics, he will try and get in higher up the ladder at his first shot (and hopefully will have those rungs pulled out from under him).

It is surprising that Smugs isn't helping him out via twatter and instagram.

It makes me wonder if there isn't much love lost between Smugs and JD. They are entirely different in personalities. Smugs is a loud mouth and is lazy. JD comes across as quiet, introverted and much harder working. I would guess their views are pretty much the same though. I get the impression that when (not if) Smugs tries for politics, he will try and get in higher up the ladder at his first shot (and hopefully will have those rungs pulled out from under him).

It is surprising that Smugs isn't helping him out via twatter and instagram.

Smuggar was the first born son, that means a lot in some cultures (like Gothard's). Josh is the eldest boy, then Jana and JD, then a bunch of girls. Josiah and his younger brothers probably get told they'll get what Smuggar got when they are older. Problem is, JD is older now and hasn't been given what Smuggar got (he doesn't need someone to give him a house but it would have been nice for his parents to offer one to him like they did Smuggar), perhaps he's a bit resentful? I say a bit resentful because how resentful can one be in a family where negative emotions are ungodly?

Smuggar was the first born son, that means a lot in some cultures (like Gothard's). Josh is the eldest boy, then Jana and JD, then a bunch of girls. Josiah and his younger brothers probably get told they'll get what Smuggar got when they are older. Problem is, JD is older now and hasn't been given what Smuggar got (he doesn't need someone to give him a house but it would have been nice for his parents to offer one to him like they did Smuggar), perhaps he's a bit resentful? I say a bit resentful because how resentful can one be in a family where negative emotions are ungodly?

Josh hasn't been given a house. My understanding is that he's renting it from either Boob or Mary. Probably at a discount, but he doesn't own it.

Same with the business. It's Jim Bob's.

It sounds like John is going to own his house outright. And his business is probably less subsidized by his father than is Josh's. John barely appears on the show and probably sees little or nothing in the way of TLC compensation. Josh, on the other hand, appears to be almost entirely dependent on his father and the show. And he has a family to support.

My guess if there is any resentment in that fraternal relationship, it's all on the part of Smuggar. And he'll never see that John simply played his cards better. It will just be"unfair" to Little Lord Smuggar.

JD still gets dragged away from his business on a regular basis for the travelling dog and pony show. While he certainly appears to be a harder worker than Josh (really, who isn't? :P ), showing up to functions as blessing number 3 is still his most important obligation, at least in Jim Bob's eyes. I hope he gets to the point of financial independence where he can tell his father that leaving everything to go play a crappy violin and sing the blood song at some random event is not going to happen any more.

He ran unopposed in the primary, but the people of Tontitown know that he is basically at Daddy's beck and call. Add to this the general unpopularity of the Duggars in the area, and I'd be surprised if he wins.. Of course, Jim Bob will not be able to figure this out.

Josh hasn't been given a house. My understanding is that he's renting it from either Boob or Mary. Probably at a discount, but he doesn't own it.

Same with the business. It's Jim Bob's.

It sounds like John is going to own his house outright. And his business is probably less subsidized by his father than is Josh's. John barely appears on the show and probably sees little or nothing in the way of TLC compensation. Josh, on the other hand, appears to be almost entirely dependent on his father and the show. And he has a family to support.

My guess if there is any resentment in that fraternal relationship, it's all on the part of Smuggar. And he'll never see that John simply played his cards better. It will just be"unfair" to Little Lord Smuggar.

That's the reality, but aren't the viewers supposed to believe that it's Josh's house and business? JD has created his own business and bought his own home while Smuggar goes on tv and claims he's achieved the same things JD has, and no one corrects him. JD gets to watch his brother pretend to be more successful than he really is, with their parents blessing and cooperation. That would piss most people off.

That's the reality, but aren't the viewers supposed to believe that it's Josh's house and business? JD has created his own business and bought his own home while Smuggar goes on tv and claims he's achieved the same things JD has, and no one corrects him. JD gets to watch his brother pretend to be more successful than he really is, with their parents blessing and cooperation. That would piss most people off.

As long as I was the one who actually owned my home and had the thriving business, I wouldn't give a damn about the perceptions of some strangers watching a dying reality show. John doesn't seem to be the type to care about the leghumpers and their illusions. That’s Josh’s department.

Add me to the list of people who would not be surprised at all to find out about a rivalry between Josh and John. I wonder if John has ever actually pointed any of this out to Josh.

Back before the series there was a QandA episode where smugly got all hot and bothered that people didnt think they were individuals. His examply, I believe, was that some liked pickles and some didnt. Smugs has always cared what others though. JD is an enigma. He doesnt get much airtime so I dont know if he's a douche.

The Josh/J.D. thing aside, does anybody think that J.D. has a lady he may ask to court soon? Or maybe he has a secret girlfriend off-camera?

The Josh/J.D. thing aside, does anybody think that J.D. has a lady he may ask to court soon? Or maybe he has a secret girlfriend off-camera?

Every good conservative candidate has a lady by his side. If he has a gaggle of well groomed kids thats a bonus. If boob wants him to really succeed in politikz he needs to marry him off ASAP

I don't think he's allowed secrets. :) Besides, he's a well known guy in a small town, even if he purposed to find a secret sweetheart, it may not be possible.

It's been turned into a homeschool room. I noticed several of the older howlers on computers during a recent episode I think it was the one where Michele dragged Johannah into a closet to school her

I think that was the girls' "sewing room". The boys still have their awesome video room.

No secret girlfriend, of that I am certain. He might have a courting in the works but it will be parental approved/arranged.

I do wonder more and more if Smugs was married off early because his parents knew there would be trouble in the works with him. Right now if he puts his foot in it, and he does every day, his parents can give the whole leave and cleave thing and say that he is now his own man as he is married. If he was still unmarried and under Dim Bulb's 'authority' it would, in their eyes, look worse on them.

Archived