IGNORED

The nearly 16 year old Wizzy Arndt & her stuffed animal

0 kids n not countin

think her name was Elizabeth Brontgner ( sp?).

Elizabeth Munck. Yes she would be a good match for one of the Arndt guys. Her family has fun together and they appear to have not forgotten how to laugh. She's a fairly recent convert to skirts only and might relish wearing pants every now and then. She also has two teenage sisters that eventually could be a match for an Arndt.

The thing is these guys do not appear to be interested in finding a woman and breaking up their happy little Arndt world. As others have said, it is very weird that none of the guys have dated/courted or shown an interest in doing so.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange doesn't even begin to cover it, what a weird set-up.

Just a note for those with boys; Navy sheets/quilt covers are not practical for boys over a certain age as *cough*stuff*cough* really shows up on dark bedding.

Strange doesn't even begin to cover it, what a weird set-up.

Just a note for those with boys; Navy sheets/quilt covers are not practical for boys over a certain age as *cough*stuff*cough* really shows up on dark bedding.

Maybe that's why they have it? So Mama A knows when they are um, taking care of things.....

As far as I can tell, NONE of the Arndt sons are good husband material. Even a fundie daughter would have trouble with at 30 year old male whose only know interests are work, baseball, video games, legos......and stuffed animals. Nor will any of those male children be able to have a conversation with a female, other than their mother and Wizzy.

Ya know...( warning...my mind iz in the gutter)

A pay per view internet stream of each of the adult Arndts pulling a train and losing their virginity would pull in millions. It would be awkward and funny to watch, but I know I would pay.

Maybe that's why they have it? So Mama A knows when they are um, taking care of things.....

Of course, that makes perfect sense :clap: After all, mum and dad have got to control every aspect of their lives.

After catching up on this thread, I went to the Arndt blog to see if there was anything new from the man-boys. If you scroll down a ways in their FamTeam today section there's a picture of a pyramid of stuffed penguins. What would they have to do with themselves if all the stuffed toys suddenly disappeared from Arndtville? And is there anybody in the world who actually tunes in to Dad Arndt's webcasts? God, I wish I had such an inflated ego that I could delude myself into thinking the whole world wants to hear me natter on about nothing important.

I find this family and their dynamic fascinating. Not one of the boys is married. You would think, considering the fact that they have contact with the outside world, including the interwebs, that at least ONE would have found SOMEONE. Maybe it is so much discouraged that there are no options? Or maybe nobody is good enough because they have no dating experience , that their expectations are set far, far too high? Too much in love with their mother? Very interesting. It is like a whole houseful of Norman Bates minus the psychopathy.

I find this family and their dynamic fascinating. Not one of the boys is married. You would think, considering the fact that they have contact with the outside world, including the interwebs, that at least ONE would have found SOMEONE. Maybe it is so much discouraged that there are no options? Or maybe nobody is good enough because they have no dating experience , that their expectations are set far, far too high? Too much in love with their mother? Very interesting. It is like a whole houseful of Norman Bates minus the psychopathy.

These are my thoughts exactly. I think that they have built up their expectations of women/a spouse so highly that having no one (with the hope of still finding some perfect) is preferable to settling for someone real who is less-than-perfect.

I have an in-law that grew up on a farm, and she had an honorary aunt from another farm family. That family had 10 kids in the Greatest Generation, and their parents told them to never marry and stay together on the farm. The kids did as they were told, when my in-law knew them some of the kids (now elderly grown ups) had and passed away, but none of them married and they all lived on the farm until their death. The family was Christian but not in any way fundie.

So as weird as the Arndts are, I think it's more the parents wanting the children to stay children forever, rather than some interpretation of Christianity. Their fundie views make it easier to keep the kids at home (with the sheltered life they lead the have no idea what fun they are missing), but it's not the source of the 30something boys still sleeping in bunk beds. That blame/credit goes solely to Mommy and Daddy Arndt.

I find this family and their dynamic fascinating. Not one of the boys is married. You would think, considering the fact that they have contact with the outside world, including the interwebs, that at least ONE would have found SOMEONE. .

There is a video of Daddy driving around with one of the older sons - I can't tell them apart - talking about this very thing.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like an Arndt boy or two may have become enamored with some on-line ladies and Daddy stepped in to remind them that they had no idea who they were really communicating with and to encourage them to address every female who contacts them as if she were a married woman.

He's clearly controlling every mundane detail of his sons' day-to-day interactions with women. Of course, if he was also trying to match-make them with young ladies he deems acceptable it would be one thing, but he's apparently not even doing that. The boys seem to be waiting for Jesus to parachute one into the living room, and in the interim Daddy Arndt keeps his team intact.

The only ones I have any hope for are the youngest 3 or 4 who might start connecting some dots by the time John, Paul, Luke and Ringo have hit their 40's and they realize they're heading in the same direction. But it's just a very faint hope. The Arndts' brainwashing techniques are just too good.

I'm barely older (35) than the oldest of their sons, and I occasionally share a room with a 10-year-old, too. The difference is that it's my daughter sharing my room when she has a bad dream. They're living at home, sharing rooms with boys who are young enough to be their sons. It's odd.

I'm searching the Above Rubies site, but I'm not having any luck finding an article that was published several years ago, written by one of the oldest sons (the one with alopecia, which one is that, Mark?). It was titled something along the lines of wanting a wife just like his mother. At the time, I thought it was sweet (I was drinking the Kool-Aid, too, but I digress...). The oldest was still in his early 20s, so it wasn't something that struck me as alarming. Now, the whole situation is just messed up. The oldest is at least my age, if not older - I, too, have boys in my bed at times (an 8 year old, and an almost 2 year old), but they're my kids. From my second marriage. My daughter is close to Wizzy's age. I don't think they should have started as young as I did, but seriously - the idea of getting to my age without having even courted is mind-boggling. I can't imagine how not one of those adult offspring hasn't contemplated anything outside the home - if not marriage or kids, at least an independent career, travel, SOME kind of life. It's really sad to see them all so stunted. My oldest son will probably be at home forever, too, or in some kind of group home, and I can't imagine how any parent would WANT that for their child. He talks about having babies when he grows up, and it breaks my heart - I won't give up on the possibility of him finding love, family, etc., but I know it's not likely. Any parent that would encourage their kids to totally miss even the option of having any of that is just fucked up. I would love to know what goes on behind those doors.

Oh dear, more sin in the camp.

One of the man boys has posted a picture of a penguin orgy.

I think Daddy Arndt should take him on a drive and tell him to treat all penguins as if they are married penguins...

IMG_20121206_105632.jpg

Oh dear, more sin in the camp.

One of the man boys has posted a picture of a penguin orgy.

I think Daddy Arndt should take him on a drive and tell him to treat all penguins as if they are married penguins...

And Tango Makes Three!

I'm searching the Above Rubies site, but I'm not having any luck finding an article that was published several years ago, written by one of the oldest sons (the one with alopecia, which one is that, Mark?). It was titled something along the lines of wanting a wife just like his mother. At the time, I thought it was sweet (I was drinking the Kool-Aid, too, but I digress...). The oldest was still in his early 20s, so it wasn't something that struck me as alarming. Now, the whole situation is just messed up. The oldest is at least my age, if not older - I, too, have boys in my bed at times (an 8 year old, and an almost 2 year old), but they're my kids. From my second marriage. My daughter is close to Wizzy's age. I don't think they should have started as young as I did, but seriously - the idea of getting to my age without having even courted is mind-boggling. I can't imagine how not one of those adult offspring hasn't contemplated anything outside the home - if not marriage or kids, at least an independent career, travel, SOME kind of life. It's really sad to see them all so stunted. My oldest son will probably be at home forever, too, or in some kind of group home, and I can't imagine how any parent would WANT that for their child. He talks about having babies when he grows up, and it breaks my heart - I won't give up on the possibility of him finding love, family, etc., but I know it's not likely. Any parent that would encourage their kids to totally miss even the option of having any of that is just fucked up. I would love to know what goes on behind those doors.

Yes, normal parents WANT their children to lead happy, independent lives.

Yes, normal parents WANT their children to lead happy, independent lives.

While I don't have any kids, back in the day when I thought I would be having them, I swore I would never try to keep them at home like what had been done to my sisters. It's your job as a parent to raise them so they become independent adults or if there is some kind of disability, to become as independent as possible. It shouldn't be something to avoid; it should be something to want for your kids and to strive for. And when your kids ultimately do this, it should be a source of pride for you as a parent.

Here's the article. It's near the end of the "What I Look For" article. Weird.

http://www.famteam.com/waiting/#wilf

Unbearable to read. Wow.

I mean ... WHY would single "ladies" take his advice to heart? It's preposterous to write something like. Are the Arndt boys trying to read up on what single "ladies" find attractive in men? Doubtful. I'm sure the Arndts feel that THEY have already achieved all of these things, and are patiently waiting for women to perfect themselves accordingly. :puke-front:

P.S. How charming! He wants her "keep a high price tag."

There is a video of Daddy driving around with one of the older sons - I can't tell them apart - talking about this very thing.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like an Arndt boy or two may have become enamored with some on-line ladies and Daddy stepped in to remind them that they had no idea who they were really communicating with and to encourage them to address every female who contacts them as if she were a married woman.

He's clearly controlling every mundane detail of his sons' day-to-day interactions with women. Of course, if he was also trying to match-make them with young ladies he deems acceptable it would be one thing, but he's apparently not even doing that. The boys seem to be waiting for Jesus to parachute one into the living room, and in the interim Daddy Arndt keeps his team intact.

The only ones I have any hope for are the youngest 3 or 4 who might start connecting some dots by the time John, Paul, Luke and Ringo have hit their 40's and they realize they're heading in the same direction. But it's just a very faint hope. The Arndts' brainwashing techniques are just too good.

They used to have a messageboard on their website on which those boys could communicate with other people, then some girl posted a picture of herself in a bikini. Shortly afterwards, the board disappeared.

They also used to have an on-line call in show called "The Attic" featuring the oldest boys. One time when I was listening, a girl called in and dropped an f-bomb. Shortly afterwards, "The Attic" disappeared.

Daddy needs to keep the team intact because having them work for him is his retirement plan.

Gag, His advice about the "ladies" is creepy.

Ya, they are unavailable to YOU, because you probably scare them. Has nothing to do with their future husbands. I'm sorry but these guys have no idea how weird they come off.

I don't think religion has anything to do, necessarily, with infantalizing your children. I've mentioned a friend here before where she and her sister are kept eternal children at home. She works and hands over her salary to Daddy... except that she keeps on losing jobs because she can't adapt or survive in the social setting at work. She's an accountant and they are in high demand so she's usually able to find something pretty quickly. Her sister has been so infantalized that she can't seem to get a job despite having done well in a graduate program.

I was asked out by a guy several times whose Mom drove him everywhere. My fiance is friends with a great guy whose parents, after losing a daughter when she was a baby, infantalized him to such a degree that he can't get it together to move out to an apartment in the same friggin' neighborhood (and he just completed a master's degree and has a pretty interesting job). He is social, he does fundraising, but he's best with older people and can't relate to people his age.

I could go on and on. Another guy who asked me out ended up stalking me a little bit. He was harmless (I'm sure of this 100 percent) but so clueless about rejection when it wasn't overt that he didn't understand that I was rejecting him. He and his brother were perpetual children until their parents died in quick succession leaving their 30 something year old sons without Mommy and Daddy and hence no direction.

Aside from my ability to attract a rather unusual type of man (thankfully it was not the only type of guy I attracted!) I think it says that you don't have to be a total fundamentalist with a large family to create perpetual children. That being said I wonder if the alopecia in the one son isn't stress based? This life style must be very stressful for someone with normal male urges. Also, I think that the family might suffer from some sort of autism that is exacerbated by ignorance and sheltering.

Archived