IGNORED

Priscilla Waller explains why leaves change colors

xReems

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh, that was so brutal to watch, so brutal. All she did was regurgitate the crap Gothard has embedded in her mind, that's it. The "giving pieces of your heart away", I've heard so many times from Josh and Anna, Mullet, and Ma and Pa Keller.

I'm so tempted to post a counter argument to Priscilla's explanation on how to guard your heart. I've given "pieces of my heart away" in the past yet it caused no problems with my boyfriend. I don't understand what makes their marriage so special. Good that you waited for the one and good that you refrained from the physical part of a relationship but that doesn't make them any more better than a couple who brought in loads of baggage into the marriage yet have remained strong and faithful for over 50 years.

I have just watched the video about "keeping your heart for your husband" :roll:

I don't want to be derogatory, since I know Americans are very sensitive about the use of certain words...

In my country we are not very good at being "politically correct" :oops: so I'm going to be very careful, but this girl seems to be mentally challenged, she is in no way an adult.

Even my 11yo daughter is way more mature than that and would be ashamed to speak like that !

Priscilla's, what, 26? That about triples the freakiness for me. If she were ten years younger, I could probably brush it off as typical fundie brainwashing, but the fact that there's even less light in her eyes than in other adult fundies is troubling. I am very, very terrified for their child; even if they don't resort to physical discipline (wouldn't it be utterly unnerving to get smacked around by someone talking to you the way Priscilla does?), his oft-speculated issues and her plainly visible ones won't make for a stable household.

I left a comment on the post. They didn't approve it but David replied with a very handslappy, try-to-convert-the-nonbeliever email. :lol:

What I wrote:

"I was raised Christian and I don't understand the thought that you must be dead to yourself in order for god to love you. If we truly are god's children then shouldn't he love us regardless of our actions?"

I also pointed out that I'm an atheist.

David's reply.

So basically "the bible says we're right so naner naner booboo"

Wow, he's totally patronising and incoherent all at the same time.

He is slick enough to be dangerous. David isn't just a garden variety gay man with the misfortune of being born into this system. I think he knows what he is, and chooses to work the system with the aim of becoming a power player. He won't break away because he likes what he sees at the top and wants to go there.

He'll have his discreet affairs, but this man is a victimizer as well as a victim of his birth.

He is slick enough to be dangerous. David isn't just a garden variety gay man with the misfortune of being born into this system. I think he knows what he is, and chooses to work the system with the aim of becoming a power player. He won't break away because he likes what he sees at the top and wants to go there.

He'll have his discreet affairs, but this man is a victimizer as well as a victim of his birth.

I wouldn't be surprised if David tries to take over Gothard's house of cards once Gothard kicks the bucket.

I think Pris is either very stupid in not realizing that David is possibly closet gay, or very smart in that she knows but suspects David will be a key player in the Gothard movement eventually. She has seen what happens if she marries someone without much influence or smarts in the movement (ie, her sister who lives in a camper with 7 kids).

On an aside, does anyone know the divorce rate (or unhappiness rate) for Gothardites or former Gothardites? I expect it to be higher than us heathens.

I agree with this. Even if he is not that sophisticated, I worry about priscilla's safety. Her limitations and his issues could very well lead to him becoming abusive.

I left a comment on the post. They didn't approve it but David replied with a very handslappy, try-to-convert-the-nonbeliever email. :lol:

What I wrote:

"I was raised Christian and I don't understand the thought that you must be dead to yourself in order for god to love you. If we truly are god's children then shouldn't he love us regardless of our actions?"

I also pointed out that I'm an atheist.

David's reply.

So basically "the bible says we're right so naner naner booboo"

Couldn't help myself.

AreteJo wrote:

He'll get away with it until he's caught snorting white powder off a rent boys bum.

He'll get away with it until he's caught snorting white powder off a rent boys bum.

But the rent boy was there to help with luggage :lol:

I agree with this. Even if he is not that sophisticated, I worry about priscilla's safety. Her limitations and his issues could very well lead to him becoming abusive.

I totally agree also. I can see him as quite aggressive and I think the sad sad truth is even if Pris had the smarts to seek help when this happens I can't see anyone standing up and helping her. This has to be the most disturbing union I have ever seen and I have worked in community health for a long long time!

Guest Anonymous

This is frightening. That woman has been thoroughly brainwashed into believing her beauty lies in giving up every single hope and plan for her life, and if she dares to have any dreams, then she's ugly and worthless.

Then he'll give a tearful public apology, ask for forgiveness, and rake in tons more money.

Then he'll give a tearful public apology, ask for forgiveness, and rake in tons more money.

Oooh! A new reality program: The David & Ted [Haggard] Show

I noticed at the end of the "pieces of your heart" video, Pris is talking about how she told her parents when she was struggling to stay mentally pure. Then she encourages "girls" to "talk to your parents or an older women you can trust if your parents...(realizes she's about to suggest that some parents may not be wise or trustworthy)...um and be open about keeping your heart pure."

Another thought on Pris. She seems to fit Gothard's preference of young women he likes to non-sexually fondle. Especially since she's worked at HQ for sometime, I wonder if she's been at his mercy for hand holding and hair petting. She seems "innocent" enough to not realize that she's being harassed. Also, because of this, it supports the previous claims made on this thread that Gothard realized Davina's proclivities regarding the same sex and Priscilla's child-like mind and pushed the pair together.

The best way I think to describe Priscilla is somewhat similar to Jodi Foster's role in the movie Nell.

As we say in my neck of the woods...bless her heart. No snark intended at all- I really do hope for the best for Priscilla.

I used to work at a public school with learning disabled kids. Prissy reminds me of some of them. I certainly am not qualified to diagnose anyone but the similarities are just disturbing.

I just got around to reading this thread and watching the two videos. Sad.

My first thought was regarding the next steps in the leave-dying process. I'm originally from the Northeast. After the all beautiful colors, those suckers die. They fall to the ground, are raked into piles, then burned, composted, or bagged to go to the landfill. If the turned then fallen leaves are not on a maintained property, they disintegrate and become part of the earth.

So, after God makes us beautiful he tortures us? Actually, sounds a lot like the life of a fundie woman. First we keep sweet, learn how to apply makeup, curl hair, and stay thin. Then our uteruses and minds disintegrate as men walk all over them.

I honetly think she was normal until she got married. On an episode a few years back when he was staying with the duggars to "help out," she even spoke normal. She even seemed pretty normal on the engagement videos. But all of a sudden during the wedding episode, her voice took on a j'chelle-like quality and she seemed to turn off her brain. Now she seems as if she is floating on cloud 9, acting out the role of the perfect fundie newlywed.

Did you see the episode where she was staying with Michelle and helping out? She was putting boots on one of the forgotten girls and she was using the same wide-eyed babyish voice as these videos. I'd forgotten or not realized that until I saw that section again.

I just got around to reading this thread and watching the two videos. Sad.

My first thought was regarding the next steps in the leave-dying process. I'm originally from the Northeast. After the all beautiful colors, those suckers die. They fall to the ground, are raked into piles, then burned, composted, or bagged to go to the landfill. If the turned then fallen leaves are not on a maintained property, they disintegrate and become part of the earth.

So, after God makes us beautiful he tortures us? Actually, sounds a lot like the life of a fundie woman. First we keep sweet, learn how to apply makeup, curl hair, and stay thin. Then our uteruses and minds disintegrate as men walk all over them.

Am I the only one who thinks live green leaves are just as beautiful as dead wonders???

Poor upcoming baby, having parents like Priscilla and David!! :shock:

Either she's uncomfortable speaking in front of the camera (it happens!) or either she has some kind of delayed speech pattern.

But yeah, fall's leaves are coloured like that because "God made it so". Yup. :clap:

Am I the only one who thinks live green leaves are just as beautiful as dead wonders???

I am sure you are not the only one.

Personally, I am really partial to the fall foliage (particularly in the Northeast); it takes my breath away in a way that green leaves do not. I also love winter scenes. In my own personal definition of beauty, I would prefer fall and winter (when snow has fallen) to either spring or summer.

I don't know what the LORD has to say about that. Maybe Pris will explain it all to me in a few months. :roll:

Archived