IGNORED

Priscilla Waller explains why leaves change colors

xReems

:shock: That video makes me so sad. If Pris does have some kind of developmental issues, she's been done a horrible injustice by the parents who should have been her strongest advocates, and she's now being exploited by her tool of a husband. If she's doesn't, well...that's even more disturbing. Why would any grown woman allow herself to be infantilized like that?

hat aside, her message in that video was incomprehensible? Between the baby talk and the wandering thoughts...I don't know WTF she was trying to say.

I'm thinking it's because that behavior is rewarded in her social circle. An intelligent, outspoken woman who makes her own decisions is frowned upon and thought of as evil by Gothard, while a woman who projects helplessness and other child-like qualities is told she's Godly and gets kudos from everyone around her.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Priscilla always looks like it's painful for her to talk. Is it just me?

I know what you mean - it looks like such an effort, it makes me uncomfortable.

Some people do talk like they've got way too many teeth in their mouth.

I think she is desperately trying to convey rapturous joy in the lord, sincerity and purity and .......sorry I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Phantom morning sickness?

Should we have a group collection of 'Hello Kitty' merchandise to send for her baby shower?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's overwhelmed by having to take care of a baby.

On the bright side, with daddy out cruising, and delayed mommy, a halfway intelligent kid will be able o get away with murder in that house. Not usually a good situation, but good for an ATI kid.

OH SWEET JAYSUS I lost it 15 seconds into the Video when she made a HEART WITH HER HANDS!!!

I tried commenting on the video, but apparently I have been BANNED from doing so (based on yesterday's comment to their blog?).

Hi all I'm new! I have been reading these pages for quite some while and decided to join in! I to noticed how Priss kept looking up @ the camer'man" for approval very child like in my opinion reminded me of my 2 year old re-sighting the alphabet I have never seen a women look @ anyone like that let alone her husband! I also found this vid

watch and learn how someone who up until 5 months ago had not even been alone with a bloke is an expert on marriage!

Oh, holy hell, this is awful. She seems like she's 12 years old. How could anyone take her seriously? It's not just the presentation, it's her vocabulary and complete lack of coherent sentence structure. Everything about her situation is just so...sad.

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Dr Neil Degrasse Tyson

Just casually leaving this here.

Not sure if it's been posted, I haven't real this entire thread, but it's Dr. Degrasse Tyson's Birthday today! :dance: If someone brings cake, I'll bring queso to the party.

Nope. And it's equally painful for me to watch. Takes me back to attempting to watch movies with Renee Zelwegger. I can't do it! Also, is squinting THAT MUCH (Priscilla) a sign that she needs glasses?

Hi all I'm new! I have been reading these pages for quite some while and decided to join in! I to noticed how Priss kept looking up @ the camer'man" for approval very child like in my opinion reminded me of my 2 year old re-sighting the alphabet I have never seen a women look @ anyone like that let alone her husband! I also found this vid

watch and learn how someone who up until 5 months ago had not even been alone with a bloke is an expert on marriage!

3:02-3:30. Poor girl can't count.

Here's some bible quotes that can be interpreted (some more than others) as meaning "die to self" for Jesus. Kelly Bates is especially fond of the use of this term, so I'm wondering which verse Gothard is holding over their heads as hostage?

http://www.openbible.info/topics/dying_to_self

I think it's interesting that they would be fond of these particular bible verses. It's almost as if they're trying to justify their lifestyle to themselves. Did they give up their hopes and dreams for life to "die to themselves" to live the fundie/quiverfull lifestyle. Did Kelly Bates dream of becoming a scientist or other type of career before she joined the lifestyle. Is she trying to make herself feel better when she thinks about what might have been? I wonder how much regret is associated with this lifestyle. Especially for the women who may have been forced into it. It's sad but I can picture Joy-Anna Duggar repeating these verses over and over to herself when she is older and trapped in a fundie marriage.

Oh, holy hell, this is awful. She seems like she's 12 years old. How could anyone take her seriously? It's not just the presentation, it's her vocabulary and complete lack of coherent sentence structure. Everything about her situation is just so...sad.

And the baby voice is so incredibly babyish that it makes Michelle Duggar sound like a Klingon with a cold.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's overwhelmed by having to take care of a baby.

On the bright side, with daddy out cruising, and delayed mommy, a halfway intelligent kid will be able o get away with murder in that house. Not usually a good situation, but good for an ATI kid.

Oh to be a fly in the first gay bar Davina sets his shiny, loafered foot into. Definitely a Bottom; I bet he's into Bears. :dance:

I left a comment on the post. They didn't approve it but David replied with a very handslappy, try-to-convert-the-nonbeliever email. :lol:

What I wrote:

"I was raised Christian and I don't understand the thought that you must be dead to yourself in order for god to love you. If we truly are god's children then shouldn't he love us regardless of our actions?"

I also pointed out that I'm an atheist.

David's reply.

Dear Megan,

Thank you so much for writing! We appreciate the thoughts that you have put together on the comment you have left on our blog post in response to Priscilla’s beautiful analogy. We are both learning so much and sometimes we do not always consider every angle that others may perceive things. Your comments have been thought provoking.

I totally agree with the fact that you do not have to do or be something to be loved by God and if you do not God will think less of you. The fact of the matter is that our salvation is based on His love and that will never change. We are made in His image and are called wonderfully made (Psalm 139). However, God does not tells us we can just serve two masters, or advance two kingdoms. You must surrender your kingdom and seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and then all these things will be added unto you. (See Matthew 6:33.)

All analogies break down sooner or later, but God’s Word stands through all generations. Here are a few verses that I was reminded of as I was praying and wrestling through on how I should best respond to your comment:

- “Seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not†(Jeremiah 45:5).

- “Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit†(John 12:24).

- “If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me†(Luke 9:23). This cross was not something they would hang around their neck, but one for them to die on.

- “For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin… Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord†(Romans 6:5-7, 11).

- “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me†(Galatians 2:20).

- “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death†(Revelation 12:11).

It is such a vital but unpopular truth today. I hope you are able to understand it to some extent. May God richly bless you and encourage you!

In Christ,

David and Priscilla

P.S. Check out a speaker we have heard. He is interesting and engaging and I think will really encourage you: christiananswers.net/evangelism/beliefs/atheism.html

Also: His book, "God Doesn't Believe in Athiests"

So basically "the bible says we're right so naner naner booboo"

An intelligent, outspoken woman who makes her own decisions is frowned upon and thought of as evil by Gothard, while a woman who projects helplessness and other child-like qualities is told she's Godly and gets kudos from everyone around her.

According to Gothard (and my mother :roll: ), the "spirit of independent woman" is pretty much the worst kind of evil.

Priscilla does seem extremely child-like. She reminded me of an earnest 6-year-old with the way she was speaking.

Both she and Anna have this weird way of speaking - it's like they've habitually tried to talk and been told, right as they draw a breath to speak - to shut up. As in, shut up and listen, shut up and be obedient, shut up as children should be seen and not heard. As a result, they take huge breaths whether or not any words follow it.

Should we have a group collection of 'Hello Kitty' merchandise to send for her baby shower?

IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY?? :lol:

I had braces for a couple of years. There is a piece that is put around your molars that the wire hooks into. They bend the end to make a little hook so the wire doesn't slide right out. the first couple of weeks with braces are pretty painful as you get used to having that piece of metal getting stuck to your cheek (wax never helped me much). The way Anna and Priscilla talk remind me of having to contort my mouth to un-stick the inside of my cheek without having to use my finger to do it.

And the baby voice is so incredibly babyish that it makes Michelle Duggar sound like a Klingon with a cold.

:lol:

I bet Pris has really strong eyelid muscles, since she seems to go back and forth from squinting to huge bug-eyes, over and over and over.

If you watch it with the sound off, and imagine she is telling a story to pre-schoolers, it looks perfectly appropriate.

I had braces for a couple of years. There is a piece that is put around your molars that the wire hooks into. They bend the end to make a little hook so the wire doesn't slide right out. the first couple of weeks with braces are pretty painful as you get used to having that piece of metal getting stuck to your cheek (wax never helped me much). The way Anna and Priscilla talk remind me of having to contort my mouth to un-stick the inside of my cheek without having to use my finger to do it.

I remember having to do that. They do remind me of that too.

She moves her mouth like she is trying not to show her bottom teeth. I noticed she smiles like that too. Does she have bottom teeth? Are they messed up or something?

Not snarking, it just seems like she folds her bottom lip over where her teeth would be. And then that would explain the mushy talking.

Has anyone else noticed she sounds exactly like Cheryl from Miss Congeniality?

I knew I had seen her somewhere before! That's it!

Now I want to see her twirl flaming batons.

(Someone will make a joke about her husband in 3... 2...1...) ;)

Archived