IGNORED

Priscilla Waller explains why leaves change colors

xReems

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think that Priscilla's "offness" would be seen in Gothard circles as much more godly because she's so childlike and innocent. She seems like she would never ever ever question what religious dreck she's been spoon-fed. Because she has no concept of the outside world I'm guessing she is seen as so much more pure and untainted by the ebil outside world.

Seconded. The poor woman doesn't seem the sharpest, but that'd hardly be considered a deficit by her owners husband/father. She's slender, blonde, acceptably if generically pretty, and not educated enough to question anything she's told. Despite fundie claims about a "PhD in homemaking", it's not exactly rocket surgery. She might have some trouble preparing real food, but fundie food involves very little actual cooking. Religiously, David keeps 2 thin steps ahead of Priscilla, so to her he'll always be omniscient. Finally, of course, she's plain too ignorant and indoctrinated to see all the... signs. In short she's the perfect fundie bride. The J-slaves wish.

David will come to regret this when his 9+ children grow up. Being poor all your life and competing for food has obvious results, and when you add that to having no education whatsoever, and many children of your own to provide for, you get a born sucker. Not a one of his kids will ever see a pyramid scheme they don't love.

DavidAndPriscillaLovePrimerica.com???

She is so far off that I cannot snark on her. She needs help. It is frightening that she will soon be a mother to a helpless infant.

I could not resist commenting on her video, though, as follows (who knows if it will see the light of day?):

"The more you are dead to yourself, your plans, and your ambitions, the more beautiful you are in God's eyes."

Nothing in the Bible supports this. God does not want us to be dead to ourselves, our plans, our ambitions and talents. On the contrary, God tells us to use our gifts and talents in the world:

Matthew 25:14-30

“For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. ... (see cited chapter and verse for more)

1 Peter 4:10 - As every man hath received the gift, [even so] minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Romans 12:6 - Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

1 Timothy 4:14 - Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

Earth is not heaven's waiting room. We are here to use the gifts God gave us. God's work, our hands.

Rosie

I wondered about this, too.

Somehow, I get the feeling that the Gothardite higher-ups feel that they, as the superior, Godly leaders, are above any kind of law ( secular or religious). It's hard to articulate, but it's like the ideas of the upper classes in previous eras: they are "natural aristocrats", rules are for the little people. I wonder if the younger men tagged as future leaders are told explicitly, or if it's just implied, that only one law applies to them, and that's " don't get caught". Maybe they all know about each-other's affairs, and it's given that if Joe is aware of David's trips to the truck stop restrooms, David has seen the 13 year old journey to the heart girls that are sent to Joe's office at regular intervals. Both keep mum and perhaps even facilitate the vices of the other. I hope Priscilla doesn't get VD if David starts to exercise this Gothardite privilege.

(Sorry to threadjack)

Ummm.... I think we still suffer from natural aristocrats today. Case in point, number 1: George Dubya Bush. Case in point, number 2: Mittens. Mittens doesn't regret tying Seamus to the roof of the family station wagon. He regrets getting caught. He doesn't regret destroying all those companies (and making tons of money) while at Bain Capital. The 47% -not his people.

Now, back to our regular programming...

Did anyone else notice at the end of the video, how she looked up at David (or whoever was filming) for approval?

Priscilla reminds me so much of one of my distant cousins suffered from a brain injury when she was a small child. She went to public school, graduated, went to college, got married & had a family, but was always obviously a little different from other girls her age.

Priscilla makes me so sad, I just can't snark on her.

I really have no words for that video. SMH, SMH.

Prissy is most definitely developmentally delayed. Add to that the brainwashing and sheltering and it's the Hot Mess Express- and the train is pulling into Crazy Town Station.

Prissy reminds me of the "Karen" character in Mean Girls. Good thing Ma & Pa Keller could marry her off to Fabulously Gay David. Poor girl didn't stand a chance.

That's what has me steaming. Maybe no amount of interventions or education would have brought Priscilla completely up to speed, but they certainly would have helped. No one will ever know Priscilla's real potential because Ma and Pa Keller couldn't be bothered to get any sort of help for her. They were horribly neglectful parents and dress their obvious failure up as Godly. She's married, so it's all okay in their book. :evil:

She is so far off that I cannot snark on her. She needs help. It is frightening that she will soon be a mother to a helpless infant.

I could not resist commenting on her video, though, as follows (who knows if it will see the light of day?):

"The more you are dead to yourself, your plans, and your ambitions, the more beautiful you are in God's eyes."

Nothing in the Bible supports this. God does not want us to be dead to ourselves, our plans, our ambitions and talents. On the contrary, God tells us to use our gifts and talents in the world:

Matthew 25:14-30

“For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. ... (see cited chapter and verse for more)

1 Peter 4:10 - As every man hath received the gift, [even so] minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Romans 12:6 - Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

1 Timothy 4:14 - Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

Earth is not heaven's waiting room. We are here to use the gifts God gave us. God's work, our hands.

Rosie

I was right - this didn't make it past their moderation, Biblical quotes notwithstanding. :roll:

No, she's not. She's actually in unsnarkable territory for me.

Her fabulous husband, on the hand, is someone I hope we see more of should this pathetic show continue on. Just the fact that he gets under Josh's skin so badly is great, and something TLC clearly enjoys having fun with. I mean, putting Smugs on a unicycle? hee.

I am glad that I am not the only one that can't snark on her because she is not playing with a full deck - she seems sweet in a childlike way.

David on the other hand is fair game! I bet he forced her to make the video. She kept looking up and smiling at someone....

Seconded. The poor woman doesn't seem the sharpest, but that'd hardly be considered a deficit by her owners husband/father. She's slender, blonde, acceptably if generically pretty, and not educated enough to question anything she's told. Despite fundie claims about a "PhD in homemaking", it's not exactly rocket surgery. She might have some trouble preparing real food, but fundie food involves very little actual cooking. Religiously, David keeps 2 thin steps ahead of Priscilla, so to her he'll always be omniscient. Finally, of course, she's plain too ignorant and indoctrinated to see all the... signs. In short she's the perfect fundie bride. The J-slaves wish.

David will come to regret this when his 9+ children grow up. Being poor all your life and competing for food has obvious results, and when you add that to having no education whatsoever, and many children of your own to provide for, you get a born sucker. Not a one of his kids will ever see a pyramid scheme they don't love.

DavidAndPriscillaLovePrimerica.com???

Wow, the bolded above is so true. This is my father to a T, although he isn't religious. My dad grew up in the bush of northern British Columbia, the third of ten kids, and completed grade 8 at the one-room school. He is an easy mark because of his isolated upbringing and lack of education, and has spent his life trying to get rich quick. He is a smart man, but so ignorant of people and money that he is taken so easily, and two of my sister's husbands have even taken advantage of him. I grew up poor because of his lack of judgment and poor money skills, despite his holding fairly decent jobs. Thankfully, I went to the ebil university using student loans, and grew up in town, so I have broken the cycle of ignorance. Hopefully David and Priscilla's kids will do the same.

Has anyone seen the How I Met Your Mother episode with Katy Perry? She plays a character that they call Honey, as in every time she opens her mouth you just go "Oh honey..."

That's how I feel about this poor girl. Oh honey!

(Sorry to threadjack)

Ummm.... I think we still suffer from natural aristocrats today. Case in point, number 1: George Dubya Bush. Case in point, number 2: Mittens. Mittens doesn't regret tying Seamus to the roof of the family station wagon. He regrets getting caught. He doesn't regret destroying all those companies (and making tons of money) while at Bain Capital. The 47% -not his people.

Now, back to our regular programming...

Totally agree, especially Rmoney and Lady Ann. Dubya struggled with empathy but he did try, but lacking experience / intelligence it was probably quite difficult for him. The Romneys don't give a single fuck.

I do think it's different, with secular leaders. Gothard is promoting himself around the world as a man of God. I dunno, I'm an atheist, but it seems to me if I were a believer I would take more issue with a religious leader's hypocrisy than some guy running for secular office. From the Recovering Grace site I read some stories where those involved in ATI could tell that something was off in things like Gothard's interactions with the young female staff, but none of those people were really in the "inner circle", so to speak.

To return to David, I do really want to know if someone sat him down and said,"Look kid, you're gonna marry the special needs girl, but once you father an heir and a spare you can cruise for all the cock you want." Or perhaps this was merely implied, Davy and the other young men at HQ saw the older fellows going on about god and sweet fellowship but were obviously visiting mistresses on the side? This is why I think FJ is so important: more people are aware of this racket and there are eyes on these guys - sunlight and all that. I hope someone who came for the snark has a hand in exposing these dickheads one day and stopping the creeping mould of their missions.

Like I said, I really worry that Priscilla's going to wind up HIV+ if David screws around with prostitutes.

I'm not sure if Priscilla Waller has a low intelligence or if she is just staying within the boundaries her religion and her lack of education has put her in. Fundamentalists all seem to infantalize women and to encourage a ditzy "oh I'm so silly, won't some man come and save me" behaviour. They certainly don't want their women learning much more than cooking and cleaning. I don't think that she is the smartest person around but I bet if she had been brought up in a more mainstream environment she would not seem so ...damaged.

If I didn't know better, I'd assume a third party was forcing both of them to make those videos. They seem so unnatural. Maybe David feels the need to overcompensate, show the world how godly and fertile he and his wife are. Oh, and I agree with everyone else who thinks David Waller is gay. I totally get that vibe from him - perhaps he makes no effort to hide it because he has no idea it's even possible for him to be gay. Maybe he just thinks he's really godly because he doesn't lust after his wife.

I don't think Priscilla has any mental deficiencies. A lack of education and a sheltered life can stifle a person's growth and maturity. She may seem childlike but that's how she was raised. My grandmother is completely illiterate. She can't add past ten or write her own name. If you probably talk to her, you'd think she was also a bit off, but a lack of education can really affect a person's perception of the world.

Priscilla was raised to "keep sweet" and never exposed to anything beyond what is taught by parents and church. She was raised to worship her husband, to love being a housewife and have a dozen children. The end result is this submissive individual who don't know any better.

I don't think Priscilla has any mental deficiencies. A lack of education and a sheltered life can stifle a person's growth and maturity. She may seem childlike but that's how she was raised. My grandmother is completely illiterate. She can't add past ten or write her own name. If you probably talk to her, you'd think she was also a bit off, but a lack of education can really affect a person's perception of the world.

Priscilla was raised to "keep sweet" and never exposed to anything beyond what is taught by parents and church. She was raised to worship her husband, to love being a housewife and have a dozen children. The end result is this submissive individual who don't know any better.

I completely agree. I've seen this girl like behaviour in fundie women before. At a church I attended the pastors wife promoted a church girls weekend away saying " We are going to jump on the beds, eat icecream and do each others hair." This woman was 46 at the time. Don't get me started on grown women literally squealing over cupcakes at church functions.

There is more to David / Davina than meets the eye. Someone earlier in the thread referenced his snide comment to Josh Duggar re Josh's body size. Davina delivered the insult in quite a calculated way. It will be interesting to see if he develops ambitions to be a fundie superstar.

Hi all I'm new! I have been reading these pages for quite some while and decided to join in! I to noticed how Priss kept looking up @ the camer'man" for approval very child like in my opinion reminded me of my 2 year old re-sighting the alphabet I have never seen a women look @ anyone like that let alone her husband! I also found this vid

watch and learn how someone who up until 5 months ago had not even been alone with a bloke is an expert on marriage!

I just seriously can't get over the fact that this is an adult woman, who had a prime counselling position at Gothard HQ no less.

The big eyes, the way her mouth goes as she explains things, her whole facial expressions are seriously like that of an infant. Its disturbing to say the least.

[quote=

watch and learn how someone who up until 5 months ago had not even been alone with a bloke is an expert on

So true. The video is a self satisfied nauseating concoction. I could leave these people alone if only they weren't trying to infect the rest of the world with their 'wisdom' and planning on birthing 20 disciples.

Exoticfamiliarity, she was a counsellor, wow!

As I mentioned earlier in the thread she comes across as patronising children's tv presenter.

I just seriously can't get over the fact that this is an adult woman, who had a prime counselling position at Gothard HQ no less.

The big eyes, the way her mouth goes as she explains things, her whole facial expressions are seriously like that of an infant. Its disturbing to say the least.

those eyes will give me nightmares, I really feel out of all the female fundies I have seen ie Duggars, Bates, Anna she seems like the only one who truely has no control over her mind or life and for that I am very sorry for.

I could imagine a day in the life.....

Priss "David honey I really feel deep inside that the lord wants me to the bathroom may I?"

David "Well dear you did go to the bathroom only 7 hours ago I'm going to need to pray about this for awhile and give you an answer in the morning"

Priss "Ok honey may I go to sleep while I wait til morning?"

David "huss............... praying"

:shock: That video makes me so sad. If Pris does have some kind of developmental issues, she's been done a horrible injustice by the parents who should have been her strongest advocates, and she's now being exploited by her tool of a husband. If she's doesn't, well...that's even more disturbing. Why would any grown woman allow herself to be infantilized like that?

hat aside, her message in that video was incomprehensible? Between the baby talk and the wandering thoughts...I don't know WTF she was trying to say.

:lol:

those eyes will give me nightmares, I really feel out of all the female fundies I have seen ie Duggars, Bates, Anna she seems like the only one who truely has no control over her mind or life and for that I am very sorry for.

I could imagine a day in the life.....

Priss "David honey I really feel deep inside that the lord wants me to the bathroom may I?"

David "Well dear you did go to the bathroom only 7 hours ago I'm going to need to pray about this for awhile and give you an answer in the morning"

Priss "Ok honey may I go to sleep while I wait til morning?"

David "huss............... praying"

:lol: :lol:

Archived