IGNORED

Lisa Whelchel divorced

Witsec5

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking that too.

I could definitely see that. Or that he now works in primetime and there are not so many vocal fellow travelers as in the soap world, so a tone down was in order.

Hello, my name is AreteJo, and am usually deeply in the closet over the fact that even though I have read Karl Marx, I follow daytime soaps.

Ron Moss I have never had confirmation on, but the chick that plays Taylor is a big time bible thumper. And then we have.....

Steve Burton-Jason on General Hospital

Jonathan Jackson- Ex Lucky on General Hospital

Becky Herbst- Liz on General Hospital

Dude that plays Steve on General Hospital

Melissa Reeves-Jennifer on Days of Our Lives, married to the dude that plays Steve on General Hospital

Jane Elliot-Tracy on General Hospital, Catholic and pro life activist

Dude that used to play the character of Carrie's husband on Days of Our Lives. Played a character on As the World Turns, and in real life was shagging actress Terri Conn on the same show. He seems to have toned down his witnessing since getting caught with his pants down.

All of these actors are on record as fundie lites, mega church going, Bible as the literal word of God. Interesting tidbit from an interview- Even though the character of Jason is a General Hospital sex symbol, you will never see him actually sharing on bed with his onscreen love interest, as Steve Burton had that written into his contract as a stipulation. He also does not display naked upper torso.

Yeah, Hunter Tylo's fuckin' nuts. I has a sad about Melissa Reeves. I watched Days back in the Jennifer/Jack days (and earlier) and liked her. Oh, well.

Thanks for the dish! No one will think lesser of you, I promise! :)

Another possible fundie lite ex-soap star is Julianne Morris. She was on Young and the Restless and Days of Lives years ago. She was pretty vocal about abstinence and she mentioned being a devout Baptist in several interviews. I also believe that her character on Days never had premartial sex, I might be wrong about. Julianne hasn't acted in years and she seems to focused on being a SAHM. Her husband Kristoffer Polaha has acted on several primetime shows.

With Jensen Ackles, I agree with AreteJo, he might have changed his views or toned down things once he left the soap world. The soap genre is dying and I do feel kind of bad for the fundie lite soap stars, because I don't see them doing well in trying to make on a primetime shows. Steve Burton has left General Hospital and I think he will overall retire from acting. Even some of non-fundie soap actors/actresses will have hard time.

Yeah, Hunter Tylo's fuckin' nuts. I has a sad about Melissa Reeves. I watched Days back in the Jennifer/Jack days (and earlier) and liked her. Oh, well.

Thanks for the dish! No one will think lesser of you, I promise! :)

I found out about Melissa and Scott Reeves and their religious beliefs a few years back. Melissa tweeted sometime around the Chik-Fil- A appreciation day about she liked CFA. An actor on Y&R tweeted and said she supports bigotry. I didn't know about this until a couple of weeks ago when I lurked on the DAYS IMDB boards.

Another possible fundie lite ex-soap star is Julianne Morris. She was on Young and the Restless and Days of Lives years ago. She was pretty vocal about abstinence and she mentioned being a devout Baptist in several interviews. I also believe that her character on Days never had premartial sex, I might be wrong about. Julianne hasn't acted in years and she seems to focused on being a SAHM. Her husband Kristoffer Polaha has acted on several primetime shows.

Yes, Greta never had pre-marital sex. She couldn't trust men again after Eric Brady (Jensen Ackles) broke her heart, blah blah blah. I wanted to know who Greta's father was! Grrr...

I think Ackles either toned it down or started believing less and less. The guy was involved in some saucy sex scenes on Days if I remember correctly.

I found out about Melissa and Scott Reeves and their religious beliefs a few years back. Melissa tweeted sometime around the Chik-Fil- A appreciation day about she liked CFA. An actor on Y&R tweeted and said she supports bigotry. I didn't know about this until a couple of weeks ago when I lurked on the DAYS IMDB boards.

He wrote an article and called her out in the most beautiful and eloquent way. And then her response to the whole thing was blocking him, you know, cause she's 10. I can't stand Melissa Reeves. She doesn't really have a leg to stand on in regards to the sanctity of marriage and such. When your husband catches you having an affair with your co-star, forces you to quit the show, and then get sued by the show because of it all, I'm not going to put much stock in your beliefs on the sanctity of marriage.

Jensen Ackles might be fundie-light but he has a lesbian aunt who is married in Massachusetts and apparently has a wildly normal relationship with him.

Because I was thinking of this way too much, I came up with another name. Jensen Ackles, played Eric on Days of Our Lives, plays Dean on Supernatural. Also very up front about his beliefs in interviews. When he won the Best Young Actor Emmy in Daytime over a decade ago, I was watching the ceremony on TV. He started his acceptance speech with, "First I'd like to thank Jesus Christ for being Lord of my life..." Those were his words, verbatim. He's from Texas, which I'm sure you never would have guessed. :P

NOOOOOOOO! Not Dean! :cry:

Maybe he's one of the good ones?

I get the same feeling too. I don't think she has ever made any anti-gay comments. Candace is still acting and she probably keeps certain things to herself in order to keep getting acting gigs here and there. I hated her on Make It or Break It.

I can't recall her making any overt homophobic comments either, but on the Chik-fil-A "Appreciation Day," she tweeted a pic of her and her kids with their Chik-fil-A meals.

Yes, Greta never had pre-marital sex. She couldn't trust men again after Eric Brady (Jensen Ackles) broke her heart, blah blah blah. I wanted to know who Greta's father was! Grrr...

I think Ackles either toned it down or started believing less and less. The guy was involved in some saucy sex scenes on Days if I remember correctly.

I also wanted to know who Greta's father was and I remember some fans had the theory that Stefano was her father.

I don't think Candace Cameron is as fundie as her brother. She's married to a Russian hockey player, Valery Bure. He's retired from the NHL, and I believe he runs some sort of wine business or vineyard. Can't see a hard core fundie being ok with that.

I saw this photo of her with the reunited Full House cast on Yahoo! yesterday. I would guess, given the cleavage she's showing, that she's not a hard core fundie.

Full-House-Reunion-25-Jahre-24092012.jpg

Candace Cameron is pretty fundie. She recommends Debi Pearl's book to women who want to learn to be good wives to their husbands. You can't get much more fundie than the Pearls.

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-times/article.php?articleid=1617

That article is from 5 years ago, so she may have let up some since then. I read CTBHHM about 6-7 years ago and I'm miles away from that mindset now. Obviously she has, wearing that defrauding tank top...

I could definitely see that. Or that he now works in primetime and there are not so many vocal fellow travelers as in the soap world, so a tone down was in order.

I think y'all are correct. (And I hope so.) Plus, Supernatural is a very liberal show- not only do the MCs hunt demons but the writers constantly poke fun at the conservative political climate. (Like last season's story arc totally skewed mega-corporations polluting the food supply. I was laughing my ass off at the gray HFCS-type crap that oozed out of the Turduecken Sandwich, lol.)

Jensen Ackles might be fundie-light but he has a lesbian aunt who is married in Massachusetts and apparently has a wildly normal relationship with him.

How do you know this?!

(Because if you can get me one step closer to the Impala, my son and I will thank you! :lol: )

I think Candace Cameron is on the fundie lite spectrum, but she is less fundie than some fundie lites. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that she and her husband Valeri own a vineyard or a wine related business. Some fundie lites will wear tops like Candace is wearing in that picture.

I think with Jensen Ackles he grew up and over time stopped talking about religion. As I mentioned before, I think he is now a mainstream type Christian. Going back to the topic of fundie lite soap stars, I checked out the data lounge threads on soaps and soap stars and there was a lot of gossip about the fundie lite types like Steve Burton. Datalounge is a gay gossip site and some of the guys who post there are Hollywood insiders. Steve Burton was a spokesperson for the Monavie juice pyramid thing and he made money for Monavie through his fans. Apparently, Indgo Rademacher called him and a couple of cast member out on their involvement with Monavie and using fans to buy the product, and Ingo got axed from General Hospital. The DL posters aren't fans of Steve or Maurice Benard. Someone said that Maurice is fundie lite and a homophobe somewhere. There was also gossip that Steve has cheated on his wife and that he still cheats on her because she and their kids now live in Tennessee.

Man, John Stamos just keeps getting better.

He's another one like George Clooney. The older they get, the yummier they are.

I do notice a distinct lack of Olsen Twins in that pic...

I do notice a distinct lack of Olsen Twins in that pic...

I just saw something online about Full House's 25th anniversary with then and now photos. The Olson twins look like together, soaking wet, they might weigh 100 pounds.

EW did an article about the reunion and the Olsen twins not attending. They put some theories out on it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/09/24/mary- ... onder-why/

Some people left comments on EW saying that the twins are ungrateful for the reunion. I don't think they are and I have read that they do keep in contact with their co-stars. I remember reading about their high school graduation and there pictures of them hugging Bob Saget.

I think Candace Cameron is on the fundie lite spectrum, but she is less fundie than some fundie lites. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that she and her husband Valeri own a vineyard or a wine related business. Some fundie lites will wear tops like Candace is wearing in that picture.

I think with Jensen Ackles he grew up and over time stopped talking about religion. As I mentioned before, I think he is now a mainstream type Christian. Going back to the topic of fundie lite soap stars, I checked out the data lounge threads on soaps and soap stars and there was a lot of gossip about the fundie lite types like Steve Burton. Datalounge is a gay gossip site and some of the guys who post there are Hollywood insiders. Steve Burton was a spokesperson for the Monavie juice pyramid thing and he made money for Monavie through his fans. Apparently, Indgo Rademacher called him and a couple of cast member out on their involvement with Monavie and using fans to buy the product, and Ingo got axed from General Hospital. The DL posters aren't fans of Steve or Maurice Benard. Someone said that Maurice is fundie lite and a homophobe somewhere. There was also gossip that Steve has cheated on his wife and that he still cheats on her because she and their kids now live in Tennessee.

The executive producer and writer who were letting Burton and a few others use GH for the Monavie juice scam were eventually fired (I don't think over this, but over the shit job they were doing and obvious favoritism they were showing). Ingo Rademacher has been brought back twice for extended stays. Burton is probably going to see if he can take being a more hardcore fundy in Tennessee, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had been caught with his pants down.

I'm glad to be hearing that Jensen A. may have pulled himself back from the ledge. Damn he was cute as Eric Brady and I do so love the character of Dean. :D

If I recall correctly,Sandra Ferguson(Amanda from Another World) was sort of conservative and refused to do a storyline about abortion. It may have been when she was pregnant with Alli,who was later played by Lindsay Lohan. I might be wrong,but I seem to remember reading about it. She's more of an animal rights activist than anything though.

Archived