IGNORED

Lisa Whelchel divorced

Witsec5

My mom watched and my aunts watched Another World and I remember quite Amanda and the Cory family a bit. I also remember Lindsay Lohan playing Alli. I wouldn't be surprised if Sandra Ferguson managed to convince the writers and execs not to do the storyline. Sometimes actors have that kind of power. On One Tree Hill, Bethany Joy Lenz, told producers that she didn't want her character to have pre-martial sex and the writers came up with the teen marriage storyline which at times was awful.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

I know this is old but I just found it. Jensen Ackles actually refused to take a photo with me and my male partner at a Supernatural convention just a little while ago. They came up to us and said he would take them separately but not together, and that was AFTER he'd taken photos with two women. The dumbass Creation spokesman (Creation runs the conventions) who was, I think, gay too, said, "Well, you know, he's super religious and just won't do it." Then when I told him we wanted our money back he went to talk to his boss. He came back and said, "My supervisor told me to tell you that he just doesn't take pictures with couples." I looked at him and said, "For fucks sake, he's been taking photos with two women all day long!" The guy just stared at me and said that there was nothing more he could do. Ackles is a homophobe. Period.

I know this is old but I just found it. Jensen Ackles actually refused to take a photo with me and my male partner at a Supernatural convention just a little while ago. They came up to us and said he would take them separately but not together, and that was AFTER he'd taken photos with two women. The dumbass Creation spokesman (Creation runs the conventions) who was, I think, gay too, said, "Well, you know, he's super religious and just won't do it." Then when I told him we wanted our money back he went to talk to his boss. He came back and said, "My supervisor told me to tell you that he just doesn't take pictures with couples." I looked at him and said, "For fucks sake, he's been taking photos with two women all day long!" The guy just stared at me and said that there was nothing more he could do. Ackles is a homophobe. Period.

That is messed up. I forgot about this thread, I was recently lurking on datalounge and I came across a thread that discussed celebrity homophobes and someone there talked about how their friend worked on the Supernatural set and heard Jensen make homophobe comments.

Lisa W lives in a suburb near where I live and Ackles is from here too. I am always a little surprised at the level of fundyness that exists here, in a major, diverse city, but my husband tells me I am ridiculously naive on that point.

Thats a shame :(

All of my friends are crazy about him and talk about how hot he is. What a douchebag.

:shock:

I've just started watching "Supernatural" on netflix (I am always late to every party!) and I was really enjoying it. I don't think I could stomach it now, after that story.

That is really messed up, I am sorry he was such a d-bag to you.

Wow...I didn't know Steve Burton or Maruice Bernard were on the fundie spectrum. Color me shocked. :shock:

Wow...I didn't know Steve Burton or Maruice Bernard were on the fundie spectrum. Color me shocked. :shock:

I knew about Steve Burton for years. I was shocked to hear about Maurice. A good site that has some details on fundie soap stars is datalounge which I mentioned earlier. Datalounge is a gay message board, but many straight people also post on that site because it heavily focuses on celebs. Soaps are sometimes discussed there, but some soap threads get deleted. Soap insiders or gay men who work/worked behind the scenes on soaps have posted there. I do think some of the insiders are lying, but some are legit and others sites have confirmed some stories. The insiders have revealed which soap stars are fundie lite or evangelical types. There are some conservative soap stars that support gay rights. Joshua Morrow from Young and the Restless is Republican, but he said that he feels gay people should be allowed to get married. Soap sites and message boards have also discussed fundie lite or evangelical actors.

I've just started watching "Supernatural" on netflix (I am always late to every party!) and I was really enjoying it. I don't think I could stomach it now, after that story.

That's okay, it starts to suck really hard after the second season anyway. *bitter*

Also, if anybody was wondering about the outcome of Lisa Whelchel's turn on last season of Survivor, she actually came in as runner-up and won $100,000 for being voted Fan Favorite, astonishingly. She got to be quite the Machiavellian player by the end of the game.

EW did an article about the reunion and the Olsen twins not attending. They put some theories out on it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/09/24/mary- ... onder-why/

Some people left comments on EW saying that the twins are ungrateful for the reunion. I don't think they are and I have read that they do keep in contact with their co-stars. I remember reading about their high school graduation and there pictures of them hugging Bob Saget.

I read in that article that Mary Kate Olsen's boyfriend's name is Olivier Sarkozy...Is he parent with France's former President??

Re: "Supernatural" actor Jensen Ackles, how does he reconcile being a fundie with him having dated a Playboy model not too long ago? Not his current wife, but a girlfriend he had at the begining of the show. There's nothing wrong with being a Playboy model, imho, but I find it strange that a supposed hardcore fundie would date one. I wish I'd remember her name.

Archived