IGNORED

Lisa Whelchel divorced

Witsec5

I watched Survior she said she was broke bad investments. Only one person knew who she was/is shes not telling the others.

Has she been voted off yet? Is she evangelizing?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope.. they call her the older lady. She did tell them she writes /advocates for a christian mothers group. Didn't mention she was divorced or who she really is. She said if they asked what she USED to do she'd have to tell them but doesn't plan on it. Hasn't tried to preach at them yet.

I don't think Candace Cameron is as fundie as her brother. She's married to a Russian hockey player, Valery Bure. He's retired from the NHL, and I believe he runs some sort of wine business or vineyard. Can't see a hard core fundie being ok with that.

I didn't watch the show this week, from what I've read online and seen in the previews that she seems to break down in next week's episode. I don't see her lasting long. It is obvious she is doing the show for money since she said she is broke. That kind of isn't surprising. Since she mentioned bad investments, she probably used some of her acting money. I wonder if she is contact with her FOL co-stars lol.

I don't think Candace Cameron is as fundie as her brother. She's married to a Russian hockey player, Valery Bure. He's retired from the NHL, and I believe he runs some sort of wine business or vineyard. Can't see a hard core fundie being ok with that.

I get the same feeling too. I don't think she has ever made any anti-gay comments. Candace is still acting and she probably keeps certain things to herself in order to keep getting acting gigs here and there. I hated her on Make It or Break It.

I get the same feeling too. I don't think she has ever made any anti-gay comments. Candace is still acting and she probably keeps certain things to herself in order to keep getting acting gigs here and there. I hated her on Make It or Break It.

Candace spoke at some convention FOR gay rights. They showed it on one of the news outlets.. she said she wanted to make it clear she and her brother have very different views on the topic.

Don't take it as gospel, but I don't think Kirk and Candace Cameron's parents were fundies when they started their kids in Hollywood.

As for Lisa Wechel's dad, well......money is money. I am also embarassed to report that I have enough knowledge of the US daytime soap community :oops: to know that it is CRAWLING with fundy lites.

Spill! SPILL!!! What about Ronn Moss? the thing on his head?! :D Actually, I haven't watched B&B in years (or anything else in decades), but would love to know what you know.

Spill! SPILL!!! What about Ronn Moss? the thing on his head?! :D Actually, I haven't watched B&B in years (or anything else in decades), but would love to know what you know.

Hello, my name is AreteJo, and am usually deeply in the closet over the fact that even though I have read Karl Marx, I follow daytime soaps.

Ron Moss I have never had confirmation on, but the chick that plays Taylor is a big time bible thumper. And then we have.....

Steve Burton-Jason on General Hospital

Jonathan Jackson- Ex Lucky on General Hospital

Becky Herbst- Liz on General Hospital

Dude that plays Steve on General Hospital

Melissa Reeves-Jennifer on Days of Our Lives, married to the dude that plays Steve on General Hospital

Jane Elliot-Tracy on General Hospital, Catholic and pro life activist

Dude that used to play the character of Carrie's husband on Days of Our Lives. Played a character on As the World Turns, and in real life was shagging actress Terri Conn on the same show. He seems to have toned down his witnessing since getting caught with his pants down.

All of these actors are on record as fundie lites, mega church going, Bible as the literal word of God. Interesting tidbit from an interview- Even though the character of Jason is a General Hospital sex symbol, you will never see him actually sharing on bed with his onscreen love interest, as Steve Burton had that written into his contract as a stipulation. He also does not display naked upper torso.

Hello, my name is AreteJo, and am usually deeply in the closet over the fact that even though I have read Karl Marx, I follow daytime soaps.

Ron Moss I have never had confirmation on, but the chick that plays Taylor is a big time bible thumper. And then we have.....

Steve Burton-Jason on General Hospital

Jonathan Jackson- Ex Lucky on General Hospital

Becky Herbst- Liz on General Hospital

Dude that plays Steve on General Hospital

Melissa Reeves-Jennifer on Days of Our Lives, married to the dude that plays Steve on General Hospital

Jane Elliot-Tracy on General Hospital, Catholic and pro life activist

Dude that used to play the character of Carrie's husband on Days of Our Lives. Played a character on As the World Turns, and in real life was shagging actress Terri Conn on the same show. He seems to have toned down his witnessing since getting caught with his pants down.

I have heard about those soap actors being fundie lite. I remember there being rumors about Melissa Reeves cheating on her husband Scott. Another well known fundie lite that acted in the soap business was Marcy Walker. She was fan favorite on All My Children, but she left the show a long time ago and now works with ministries. Back in the 90s, Lark Vorhees from Saved by the Bell was briefly on Days of Our Lives. She left the show because she is JW and objected to certain scenes.

I had to quit watching that show because of her whole "boys called me a slut and i deserved it" speech. Did it get any better after that?

I had to quit watching that show because of her whole "boys called me a slut and i deserved it" speech. Did it get any better after that?

The show was always ok to me, but with Candace's character she continued to be nosebleed. She dated Steve again and then at the end of the show, it was implied she was getting back together with Sasha.

Marcy Walker, yes! Thank you lilwriter85, I knew I was missing a biggie, but her name just wasn't coming to me. :mrgreen:

You're welcome. I didn't know about Marcy becoming a minister until a few years back. I remember lurking on some soap gossip forum and one poster said that she had seen Marcy at a Christian convention. I searched around and found articles about her life after soaps.

Didn't Hunter Tylo become religious after one of her kids had cancer?

No. She and her husband had drunk a signifigant amount of Kool-Aid before that child was even born.

No. She and her husband had drunk a signifigant amount of Kool-Aid before that child was even born.

I didn't know that. Over the years, Hunter has become very weird in different ways. I hate how she messed up with her face with plastic surgery.

Don't take it as gospel, but I don't think Kirk and Candace Cameron's parents were fundies when they started their kids in Hollywood.

As for Lisa Wechel's dad, well......money is money. I am also embarassed to report that I have enough knowledge of the US daytime soap community :oops: to know that it is CRAWLING with fundy lites.[/quote

I had some soapstar insider knowledge back in my days of being on the fringe of gay hollywood, and there's a decent amount of teh ghey to offset the Fundies.

hold.the.phone

Where's the ask me thread?

I had some soapstar insider knowledge back in my days of being on the fringe of gay hollywood.

iccc, my knowledge comes from print and TV interviews of the actors. I've also spent time on *cough* websites *cough* that are devoted to soaps. All these actors are quite out in the open.

Because I was thinking of this way too much, I came up with another name. Jensen Ackles, played Eric on Days of Our Lives, plays Dean on Supernatural. Also very up front about his beliefs in interviews. When he won the Best Young Actor Emmy in Daytime over a decade ago, I was watching the ceremony on TV. He started his acceptance speech with, "First I'd like to thank Jesus Christ for being Lord of my life..." Those were his words, verbatim. He's from Texas, which I'm sure you never would have guessed. :P

I have heard some of the gay rumors about some soap stars. You should definitely make a thread in the ask me section.

Ditto I've read a few rumors and have a few suspicions. What I have read is straight up gossip, not interviews any of them have given or would stand by, unlike my fundie lite list. Those I stand by completely.

Because I was thinking of this way too much, I came up with another name. Jensen Ackles, played Eric on Days of Our Lives, plays Dean on Supernatural. Also very up front about his beliefs in interviews. When he won the Best Young Actor Emmy in Daytime over a decade ago, I was watching the ceremony on TV. He started his acceptance speech with, "First I'd like to thank Jesus Christ for being Lord of my life..." Those were his words, verbatim. He's from Texas, which I'm sure you never would have guessed. :P

Great. Now I'll have to see Dean as a fundy-lite. Or maybe I'll just stop watching the show.

He gave an interview some years ago that he grew up in the Holiness movement (is that the Nazarenes?), but was attending a megachurch on the west coast. When he was being interviewed as a young actor getting into soaps, he could just never let one go without references to Jesus, the Bible, and God's guidance. Not that mainstream Christians don't believe in these things, but they don't usually spill it everywhere in their professional life.

ETA-info from early interviews.

Thank you for the 'The Blair Necessities" blog link

(apologies to the original poster, I wasn't able to find it back in the thread, but I am pretty sure it was in this discussion.)

Recommended reading, it really gives a lot more insight into Lisa Welchel than her current official website.

Great. Now I'll have to see Dean as a fundy-lite. Or maybe I'll just stop watching the show.

Ackles hasn't made mention of his religious views nearly so much in recent years. Recovering Kook Aid drinker maybe?

Archived