IGNORED

Lisa Whelchel divorced

Witsec5

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to check out the Ohio appearance, too far from me, sadly. From the church's website :Lisa Whelchel is a well known actress, singer-songwriter, author and speaker. Please be a part of this compelling service for Lisa's message, Fame or Freedom.

Well know singer-songwriter ? Really ? I watch Survivor, also...I noticed how she didn't want to take any clothes off to get into the water , but waded into it anyway. Yet, she's a fan of the show..she knew what to expect....the show where you live in the tropics and everyone is scantily clad. Can't wait to watch this unfold.

--burning a few of the child's toys if a child is caught playing with matches (what about putting the matches out of reach or doing some standard fire-safety education?)

What happens if you catch your kid fucking?

She needs therapy. So do her kids. I hope they all get it.

Here are a few examples:

Lisa recommends:

--blindfolding children for an hour if they roll their eyes

--handcuffing quarreling siblings together

--putting quarreling siblings outside, whether it's 30 degrees or 100 degrees

--making a child wear boxing gloves all day long for hitting; they are not to be removed for eating; as if this isn't enough torture, she recommends videotaping the child trying to eat popcorn with the boxing gloves. This might be appropriate in the context of a family game night, but not in the context of humiliation and punishment.

--burning a few of the child's toys if a child is caught playing with matches (what about putting the matches out of reach or doing some standard fire-safety education?)

--pinching a child's tongue with a clothespin for disrespect

--pouring hot sauce on a child's tongue

--saying "no to reasonable requests such as 'may I go to the bathroom'" in the name of keeping children on their toes in terms of obedience

--restraining a one year old in a car seat if the child won't stay in time out (time out is not appropriate for one year olds to begin with, and, with any child, if time out is not "working," change your strategy-- don't restrain them!)

--making children stand in the center of the room for a long period of time if they are resisting bedtime ("make it tough" she says)

--making a child close the door quietly, like 100 times, for slamming a door

WTF? :shock: :evil: Anyone who would do that needs CPS called on them!

Those punishments are shocking.

I posted a comment on Haven Cauble's you tube.

"Haven please don't be afraid to seek therapy for what your mother did to you when you were growing up."

She is coming to Harrison Ohio(some church I looked it up) the weekend of the 28th, anyone want to go and tell us what she says? :)

I hated the fact she gave homeschooling a bad name for us secular,not child abusing types.

It's a conference at the church. it's 45 minutes from me, I thought about going but I'm not paying that church... nor sitting through two days of it :/

Just one (heavily edited, of course) Survivor episode and her 20-something teammates seem to have picked up on her creepiness vibe. And none of them have recognized her.

She's the one who thinks you should force your kids to eat hot peppers if they lie or whatever, said it was "spanking their tongue". She was creepy.

*snort* that'd be the opposite of punishment in my house. My toddler eats jalapeños off the plants. Picks em and eats em like tomatoes. I've lost some GORGEOUS lovely peppers that way. :lol:

That being said I don't think food should be used as punishment PERIOD

And holy fuck at that list .... Saying no to the bathroom? What the fuck. What the actual FUCK.

What happens if you catch your kid fucking?

She needs therapy. So do her kids. I hope they all get it.

Catching kids (especially girls) fucking or even doing something that might suggest that they have fucked (such as showing collarbone because you can totes determine someone's sex life based on their clothes), then it would be punished the same way it already is all too often - rape. And it's not just Saudi Arabia; even plenty of people in the United States think rape is an acceptable punishment for being slutty or even just wearing revealing clothes.

*snort* that'd be the opposite of punishment in my house. My toddler eats jalapeños off the plants. Picks em and eats em like tomatoes. I've lost some GORGEOUS lovely peppers that way. :lol:

That being said I don't think food should be used as punishment PERIOD

And holy fuck at that list .... Saying no to the bathroom? What the fuck. What the actual FUCK.

I can't believe they even have to ask to go to the bathroom. Is this something normal that just wasn't done in my family? We never had to ask if we could go to the bathroom.

WTF? :shock: :evil: Anyone who would do that needs CPS called on them!

This. :shock: To anyone who thinks this is acceptable, :obscene-birdiered:. After all, I think if a child needs to go to the bathroom, they should be able to do so, as I'd hate to think of what she would suggest for dealing with an accident if a child is denied a bathroom visit.

She used to have a blog that I think was called "Coffee Talk" or something. It was pretty lame but there was a glorious snark blog going that talked about each of her posts. I actually think she might have flounced because of it. It hasn't been updated in years but it's still up.

http://theblairnecessities.blogspot.com

You're welcome. :D

OMG! BlairNecessities was hilarious! I was so bummed when they stopped updating. I think Lisa got tired of being made fun of and made her blog members only or something.

I never saw the show and don't know the actress. I often wonder what it's like to be fundie in Hollywood. So much of their values are turned on its head in that culture, how does young fundie actors maintain their stance in the face of all that? How can they think gays are evil sinners or sexual relationship outside of marriage makes all women sluts when there's so many people who are gay or had premarital sex and are still decent folks? Worse, how can the girl continue to defend fundie values despite seeing evidence to the contrary?

It looks like her daughter Haven Cauble is mothers little brainwashed helper.

She's got pretty good diction, for someone whose tongue was probably seared with hot sauce throughout her childhood.

Facts of Life is my guilty pleasure viewing. What the hell happened to her? By the last season, she refused to appear in an episode about Natalie losing her virginity.

What church does she belong to? Who was her pastor that would make this happen?

In a class years ago, I saw a documentary interview with the FOL director. He said that the writers had decided one of the girls had to lose her virginity, and for various reasons, they had decided it would be Blair. They knew she was hardcore Christian and they had already rewritten storylines to accommodate her. They thought that she would play this role anyway because (1) they knew the episode would be hugely successful and (2) they were prepared to let her get preachy if necessary, which was apparently an ongoing issue. Wrong. When they pitched the script, she freaked; not only did she not want to do that episode, she threatened to quit if they pursued that storyline with any character, even a walk-on. They called her bluff, and wrote the episode around Natalie. In the end, they were satisfied that Natalie was actually a better choice.

Interesting indeed. My worry is that she might try to "make up" for the divorce by redoubling her efforts to come off as the ultimate Godly mother, which could mean more abuse.

She's got pretty good diction, for someone whose tongue was probably seared with hot sauce throughout her childhood.

Poor girl is probably the Jill of the family- only needed the hot sauce treatment once and she was "broken".

At least she got to go to college. Hopefully she'll have some skills if she ever decides to go mainstream.

Interesting indeed. My worry is that she might try to "make up" for the divorce by redoubling her efforts to come off as the ultimate Godly mother, which could mean more abuse.

Her children are young adults now, so I'm hoping they are out of range.

BoomerLynn, thanks for posting from Amazon. That people such as her, the Pearls, etc., have the gall to write a book that has those kinds of suggestions in it just astounds me! Silly me, I heard the name "creative" in there and just assumed it'd be non-shaming, non-spanking kinds of suggestions. Wow. Just wow. :shock:

I never saw the show and don't know the actress. I often wonder what it's like to be fundie in Hollywood. So much of their values are turned on its head in that culture, how does young fundie actors maintain their stance in the face of all that? How can they think gays are evil sinners or sexual relationship outside of marriage makes all women sluts when there's so many people who are gay or had premarital sex and are still decent folks? Worse, how can the girl continue to defend fundie values despite seeing evidence to the contrary?

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but sluts can be decent folks too. There isn't some threshold of how many guys a woman can sleep with where she suddenly turns into a horrible ruined person.

I was a FOL fan. It makes me sad that she's has such an unhappy life. I hope the divorce opens up a new era of her life where she can heal and have some happiness.

Archived