IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spread the germs, there must always be exceptions to the rules and this is an exceptional opportunity. Anyway you've planned your outfit.

Be sure to wear gloves and a mask, that will scare the shit out of Steve.

Loves it. Too bad you can't borrow a page from Glass Cowcatcher's book and go all out by hazmat-ing yourself in a plague doctor's outfit for extra-creepiness.

In all seriousness, if you are sneezing and have a runny nose, you are definitely contagious.

I don't suppose this could just be allergies? :pray:

I respectfully disagree with you. Sneezing and a runny nose are NOT absolute signs of any infectious disease/illness.

As you already mentioned, it may be allergies. It may also be nothing more than the common cold, which there is no treatment for.

If clibbyjo sneezes into her shoulder/crook of her arm/towards the floor, uses tissues to blow her nose (always washing her hands/using sanitizer afterwards), and practices proper handwashing procedures, the likelihood of her transmitting anything to anyone else is close to zero.

God will place an armor of protection around the righteous members of the Hive.

Be sure to wear gloves and a mask, that will scare the shit out of Steve.

Oh God yes, and a hilarious shirt about spreading.... something.

Well, there's always the psychological warfare aspect of it too. If they go and freak out other attendees enough that they leave, it might deter any brainwashing from taking hold.

Loves it. Too bad you can't borrow a page from Glass Cowcatcher's book and go all out by hazmat-ing yourself in a plague doctor's outfit for extra-creepiness.

I like the idea of the SARS mask. It shows "devotion" to Steve that she would go there sick and consideration in not giving whatever she has to the tens of others who will be there. Or just go sick, since as others mentioned, the Army of God will protect them (like it protected that ATI conference in Nashville from chicken pox a couple of years ago...NOT).

I thought contagion was highest when you had the sore throat; coughing just spreads the germs farther.

I decided I'm not going. I took 2 more Benadryl and it did nothing. I can;t stop the runny nose/sneezing and am getting achy legs now. I don't want to contaminate the fjers.

I hate to let you Fjers down,but not sure if the others are still going as I was supposed to be the "mom".

This was my outfit.(10 year old took pic. and didn;t tell me the shirt was not laying straight ugh.) These are my real clothes, but I don't ever wear this sweater with this shirt and I would normally wear a giant scarf with this but thought that was way too worldly.

edited to remove pic as weird edit keeps happening.

Oh well, there's always next year. Feel better!

ETA: I love that the child's drawing you have on the shelf not only has a frame but a matte.

In all seriousness, if you are sneezing and have a runny nose, you are definitely contagious.

I don't suppose this could just be allergies? :pray:

Sneezing and a runny nose, even with a sore throat, without a fever is more likely to be allergies. Mold and ragweed counts are up right now.

I'm so sorry you feel awful, clibby! Take care. I hope the others will represent nicely. You take care of you!

Sneezing and a runny nose, even with a sore throat, without a fever is more likely to be allergies. Mold and ragweed counts are up right now.

No, I have mold and ragweed allergies all fall, this is not allergies. :violin: Its working it way through our groups.

Sigh. Better to stay home and try to get a little rest clibbyjo. If it's not allergies, than yeah you can spread a virus via droplets when you sneeze or cough. Everybody appreciates you were willing to make the effort. Feel better.

God isn't doing you any favors Steve, you smug, self righteous, magical thinking jackwagon. Don't you have better things to do than read here? :naughty:

Guest Anonymous

Hope you and Demgirl are better soon.

Wonder if this means there now may be time for a Qu & A session at the Pittsburgh conference, after all, Steve? ;)

Hope you get well soon, clibbyjo and demgirl. Is anyone else still planning to go? If only I wasn't thousands of miles away... :(

I'd stay home - could make some of those isolated adult children ill and it's more important to take care of yourself. Hope you can get some rest and soon be feeling better.

You've got to put yourself first. No sense making yourself worse just for a snark opportunity.

Hmm, if Steve-O does read here as we suspect, I wonder if he's been praying for divine intervention to stop the fj'ers!!

No, I have mold and ragweed allergies all fall, this is not allergies. :violin: Its working it way through our groups.

ah maybe those are the allergies I keep getting for the past month! I hope you feel better soon! You are not fundie, you do not have to sacrifice yourself to the FJ altar!!!

Ohhh, and I was so looking forward to another conference report (that wasn't written by Sarah).

We do protect our own here at FJ, so your health comes first! Hope you can spend the day resting and on the road to recovery!

Until I popped on here last night I had totally forgotten about the Maxwell's.

I was surprised to learn that their older boys don't have more kids AND that the girls are not married off yet.

I wonder when that second part will happen.

Archived