IGNORED

Brandy's back!

Sola

Amen on going to public school and getting some kind of structure in their lives. She indicated that the worst thing about their 3 months in the homeless shelter was having to get up at 6 a.m. every morning. She said they never got up that early. The shelter did not let them hang around all day. They had to get up and out in the morning and return by 6 p.m. If those girls were in school, they would have had something to do besides hang out with Brandy in the library.

But I am always hopeful for Brandy. Maybe she qualified for some kind of public assistance for medical care and is getting psychiatric help. She never left their trailer when they lived in Wyoming. I figured she was agoraphobic, but then again, I think

a lot of fundies are. They don't want to leave the house, so they claim it's a part of their religious beliefs.

First, I need to start out by saying there are many wonderful homeschoolers who do a stellar job with their kids. HOWEVER, I think there are some people who choose to "homeschool" or "un-school" their children simply do not want to 1) get up early 2) establish a routine of getting kids fed, dressed, and out the door on time or 3) assist their kids with school projects/homework, attend school events, etc. I truly believe Brandy is in this camp. She doesn't want to get up early and establish any sort of routine, nor does she want to leave the house to drop them off/pick them up in a timely manner. What she doesn't realize is that if she gets her shit together and gets them out the door, she can go back to bed and be undisturbed by children until the end of the day.

I wish her well of course, but I just don't see this new found sanity to be something that will last. She will get bored of being normal and need to change, because she craves the attention. That is why she is blogging again.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, I need to start out by saying there are many wonderful homeschoolers who do a stellar job with their kids. HOWEVER, I think there are some people who choose to "homeschool" or "un-school" their children simply do not want to 1) get up early 2) establish a routine of getting kids fed, dressed, and out the door on time or 3) assist their kids with school projects/homework, attend school events, etc. I truly believe Brandy is in this camp. She doesn't want to get up early and establish any sort of routine, nor does she want to leave the house to drop them off/pick them up in a timely manner. What she doesn't realize is that if she gets her shit together and gets them out the door, she can go back to bed and be undisturbed by children until the end of the day.

I wish her well of course, but I just don't see this new found sanity to be something that will last. She will get bored of being normal and need to change, because she craves the attention. That is why she is blogging again.

My wish for Brandy's children to attend public school is not an indictment of homeschoolers in general. But the way Brandy "unschools", is very close to neglect/goes over the edge and constitutes neglect. I would think the folks who work so hard at homeschooling, and there are many, many fine homeschoolers who I admire, would be appalled at Brandy's "unschooling"

methods. It falls into the camp of hanging around the house all day instead of any type of education.

I wish I could be hopeful or happy or something but I can't. Her history is long and sordid and they continually place blame, never looking at themselves - inside - for the source of their problems. It's all Christianity's fault! Well, been there, done that, multiple times.

It's not Christianity's fault. It's not Jason's family's fault or her family's fault. It's not anyone's fault but their own. They repeatedly run from themselves and never take responsibility.

Until they both get the psychiatric help they need and take responsibility, I have no hope for their now three children. Those kids already have zero education and will grow up worse off than their parents intellectually and no doubt emotionally as well given the chaotic lives they live.

I have pity for the children but still feel nothing but disgust for their parents.

There's a group of us who think Candy's post about Trolls is directed to Brandy. They used to be bosom buddies, comparing dresses and head coverings and schooling. Candy can't accept people who don't walk her way.

(joyfulchristianhomemaking.com)

I wish I could be hopeful or happy or something but I can't. Her history is long and sordid and they continually place blame, never looking at themselves - inside - for the source of their problems. It's all Christianity's fault! Well, been there, done that, multiple times.

It's not Christianity's fault. It's not Jason's family's fault or her family's fault. It's not anyone's fault but their own. They repeatedly run from themselves and never take responsibility.

Until they both get the psychiatric help they need and take responsibility, I have no hope for their now three children. Those kids already have zero education and will grow up worse off than their parents intellectually and no doubt emotionally as well given the chaotic lives they live.

I have pity for the children but still feel nothing but disgust for their parents.

I completely agree with all of this. Attention whoring at it's best. And look, she's getting talked about again :roll:

I think Brandy is the type of person who doesn't want her children to be better than she is.

Wow, that was fast. :penguin-no:

Less than 48 hours? She must not like how we're talkin about her :nenner:

She didn't name Brandy by name, but it's pretty obvious that Candy was pointing a finger right at her.

Wow! I didn't realize Brandy did anything to "hurt" Candy. Brandy's just being Brandy. Candy shouldn't take

it so personally.

How sad that Brandy took down her blog. She seemed to be making progress and I hoped she was doing better.

I can't help but laugh. People who learn nothing are doomed to repeat their behaviors, intensifying them each time. That's why each flip flop was more intense than the one before and it's why blogging lasts shorter and shorter amounts of time - two days is gonna' be hard to beat the next go 'round - and Twitter is up and down by the minute rather than the day.

They're still spiraling.

I can't see any posts on her blog either... but I did get to read her post about the shelter. It sounds like it was pretty rough, but they had food stamps so they were always fed. I can't imagine being in her situation with 2 kids and one on the way. She mentioned being shunned by so called christians and the so called heathens were the ones who helped them with money and their car.

Her blog went down so fast, I did read it but did so quickly.

Although she sounded more normal, did she say is Jason had a job or if they were in a stable housing situation?

It sounded as if there were a few more moves after the homeless shelter, but maybe the moves were before the

homeless shelter. And her comments about Jason's family were so vague I couldn't tell what the source of the

problems were.

If Brandy has mental issues and can't work, she needs to apply for SSI.

Brandy, if you read this and you don't mind

accepting help from the government , get down to a social security office and apply for disability. It will take a while for it to come through (and it's not a sure thing) but you should try to apply for it. It doesn't cost anything to apply and you can qualify for it on mental issues.

If there's a lawyer in town that does social security

go see them so they can help you set up your case. Just think about it.

Wow that was so fast... I don't understand why she would write two lengthy posts like that and delete them the next day... She didn't have the time to have any feedback on them...

There's a group of us who think Candy's post about Trolls is directed to Brandy. They used to be bosom buddies, comparing dresses and head coverings and schooling. Candy can't accept people who don't walk her way.

(joyfulchristianhomemaking.com)

Candy needs to update her website. That thing is hard to read.

She didn't name Brandy by name, but it's pretty obvious that Candy was pointing a finger right at her.

Wow! I didn't realize Brandy did anything to "hurt" Candy. Brandy's just being Brandy. Candy shouldn't take

it so personally.

How sad that Brandy took down her blog. She seemed to be making progress and I hoped she was doing better.

The timing of Brandy's 24 hour blog right on the heels of Candy's latest tantrum tells me that absolutely nothing has changed for either of them and that yes, it is Brandy Candy was having a fit about. Every time their renewed friendship fizzles, Candy has a tantrum and Brandy blames conservative Christianity for all the ills in her life and flops.

Neither learns anything from experience or other people. They repeat their patterns and always end up with the same results. Sound descriptive?

The timing of Brandy's 24 hour blog right on the heels of Candy's latest tantrum tells me that absolutely nothing has changed for either of them and that yes, it is Brandy Candy was having a fit about. Every time their renewed friendship fizzles, Candy has a tantrum and Brandy blames conservative Christianity for all the ills in her life and flops.

Neither learns anything from experience or other people. They repeat their patterns and always end up with the same results. Sound descriptive?

Anyone have the backstory to the Candy vs. Brandy saga? I do remember the Brandy vs. Mountain Mama Stephanie feud; must have missed the Candy kerfuffle.

Who says fundies are boring? So much drama!

Anyone have the backstory to the Candy vs. Brandy saga? I do remember the Brandy vs. Mountain Mama Stephanie feud; must have missed the Candy kerfuffle.

Who says fundies are boring? So much drama!

All this began in 2005, when Candy started blogging. Brandy was already all over the net, she was a young mother to her first daughter Gabriella and it was not easy for her. She had a very rough childhood and was a very lost teen-ager, then she met her husband, Jason in a chat-room. She was already like she is right now desperately searching for a role model in her life. Candy became that role model for a while. But, since Brandy is Brandy, quickly the very rigid lifestyle of Candy became to hard to follow for "eclectic Brandy" and that was the beginning of the Candy/Brandy drama, the rest is history ;)

When the drama is at its most, often Jason get involved, both Brandy and Jason have a very weird relationship with internet and that's a bit scary.

Brandy came back and NOBODY TOOK A SCREEN SHOT?!

Well, in all fairness, but they time they tried to, the blog was already gone...

Archived