IGNORED

Olivia from Fresh Modesty is just so adorable

Lady Elaine

I'm going to be modestly sulking over here because NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT ME!

My new blog will be http://www.modestlyme.pleaselookatme.com

Since I am so wonderful, here is my first modest tip:

Modesty best demonstrated when you bring attention to how you are dressed and get people to talk about how modest you are.

I wanted to say something ...your modesty has been a shining example for me...but I was too modest. However the Lord has laid it on my heart to come out and tell you how much your modesty means to mean. In the spirit of iron sharpening iron so to speak. Right now I am typing but I am also twirling my perfectly coifed hair (people sometimes call me princess shiny locks I am embarrassed to say) and also twirling around in my vintage couture dress (oh, this old thing). While I am doing this I am also blowing sweet fairy kisses to Jesus (who I am "pre engaged" to). My skin is glowing! My eyes sparkle! Look at me!!!!! I am so modest!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The way guys look at you when you're listening to their truck conversations. So then it makes you want to understand it all the more, because they don't think you will. :P (not getting feminist here, I just genuinely enjoy learning cool stuff :D)" - from the latest "Awkward & Awesome" post. What the hell?

"The way guys look at you when you're listening to their truck conversations. So then it makes you want to understand it all the more, because they don't think you will. :P (not getting feminist here, I just genuinely enjoy learning cool stuff :D)" - from the latest "Awkward & Awesome" post. What the hell?

She has edited out that parenthetical. She must be reading here.

The Police from the 20s would have something to say about Olivia's outfits...

I wonder if Olivia and her like would be happy if rules regarding clothing were adopted.

Formergothardite - You got me! I clicked on the link to your "new site", expecting to see a plethora of photographic snarkiness, and was quite disappointed to find a GoDaddy page. LOL :lol:

Well done :oops:

I'm going to be modestly sulking over here because NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT ME!

My new blog will be http://www.modestlyme.pleaselookatme.com

Since I am so wonderful, here is my first modest tip:

Modesty best demonstrated when you bring attention to how you are dressed and get people to talk about how modest you are.

Haaahahaha, wow. That's perfect, just perfect. QFT!

Also, "modestly sulking" immediately think of Miss Raquel, but maybe that's just me.

As long as I'm covered up, then I can do anything and still be modest! Ah the joys of modesty! Right now I am gazing at my reflection in the mirror and being modestly vain.

Miss Raquel has modest sulking down to an art form! I learned from the best.

Nah, she is just going to lurk and edit her blog based on what is posted here. She looks a little too delicate and shallow to handle coming here.

Nah, she is just going to lurk and edit her blog based on what is posted here. She looks a little too delicate and shallow to handle coming here.

All fundies are delicate even the ones that turn up here. :lol:

"P.S. I've taken the "Purple Dress" post down for now until I can get better pictures. I received many very kind emails/comments letting me know that it was attention drawing in the top. It doesn't appear that way in person, so I'm gonna try to see if I can take better pictures. :) Thanks for keeping me accountable. "

Maybe she didn't read it here.

No way that dress didn't draw atttention to the top in real life. I'm thinking we shall never see a pic of that dress again unless it is from a strange angle that doesn't show the front

Guest Anonymous

According to her F.A.Q.s, Olivia does not seem to have a problem with emphasizing her bust:

Do you have fashion advice for things to wear for girls with an excess of belly fat (working on it!)?

Hmm... this is kind of hard, since I've never really had an issue with it. I would say though not to really worry about trying to conceal it, but rather try to emphasize the good parts of your figure-- bust? arms? rear? neck? Still being modest of course, but drawing attention away from figure flaws is good. :)

Here she recommends drawing attention to 'the good parts of your figure', including the breasts and the bottom.

Reading this only makes her definition of 'modesty' seem more hazy. The only thing that I can deduce from it is that she probably did not have a problem with the 'attention drawing' nature of the purple dress until it was pointed out to her.

What does this woman mean when she says 'modest'?!

Archived