IGNORED

Olivia from Fresh Modesty is just so adorable

Lady Elaine

I just had to say it and see if anyone agrees. I love her. I don't think I've ever had a "pet" fundie before but I guess she would be it. She is just so cute, happy and stylish.

freshmodesty.blogspot.com

I doubt she'll be a SAHD for long.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered who on earth was going to shell out close to 50 bucks for the Botkin Beauty Webinar. I guess that mystery is now solved. :dance:

Clothing yourself better for a lot less money

Making modesty and femininity look excellent instead of frumpy

Making off-the-rack clothes modest

Putting together great outfits with what you already had in your closet

Using makeup tastefully

Giving sloppy garments new life with minimum alterations

Cultivating taste and style

Getting out of a fashion rut

Creating a minimum-time-and-effort plan for looking nice every day

$50 to learn all this, which can be found for free on almost any fashion/makeup blog?

I think Oliva's blog is insipid, I needed insulin after reading a page or two. I do hope she doesn't spill any kool aid on her pretty clothes.

Clothing yourself better for a lot less money

Making modesty and femininity look excellent instead of frumpy

Making off-the-rack clothes modest

Putting together great outfits with what you already had in your closet

Using makeup tastefully

Giving sloppy garments new life with minimum alterations

Cultivating taste and style

Getting out of a fashion rut

Creating a minimum-time-and-effort plan for looking nice every day

$50 to learn all this, which can be found for free on almost any fashion/makeup blog?

The good news is thanks to the rapid growth of Pintrest in the fundie community this Botkin business idea will fade away fast.

Guest Anonymous
In this age of acceptance and tolerance, I suppose it is looked down upon to believe there is only one way to heaven. That there is only one Savior. That you must believe in the God of the Bible. But, it's true, and I have faith that one day every knee will bow.

Squee!!!!

Emotional purity is a hard thing because we're created to be at the side of a man- I mean, that is where we came from (Genesis 2:22), so naturally we feel "at home" and complete there. Some of us have not yet discovered who our man will be, and we're constantly "on the lookout" or thinking in terms of matrimony.

Give your daddy your heart to keep. Tell your parents who you're "fascinated by" this week. Having this accountability helps keep those girlhood crushes at bay and puts things in perspective.

Aww, how cuuuute!!!

When we dress, we're to be making the world a better place! What we wear matters. Our clothes can be an evangelism tool. The fabric we drape around ourselves can help give our children and grand children a more Christ-centered nation. It may seem a little far fetched, but if we can be excited about it, it changes our entire attitude and ultimately our lives. God's ways are the best way.

I so want to be Olivia when I grow up!!!

I so want to be Olivia when I grow up!!!

Oh dear. She needs to do some real activism.

I don't find her face that attractive tbh

Pretty, yes.

But she's simply regurgitating what her family and church andmother bloggers tell her.

And Honey....... posting endless posed photos of yourself and writing about making yourself pretty is so not modest. I don't have a problem with it, and I think you are a very pretty girl. I like some of your outfits and they are similar to what I wear. But I'm a 31 year old mother, at your age I would have shown more skin. But there is nothing modest about your blog or the self satisfaction you take in your youth and beauty.

Yes, just what the Patriarchal Dominionist Movement needs: Another pretty face to shill for them! It has worked out so well for those other adorable fundies like The Robotkinettes and Jasmine.

Yeah, no. Wolf's handmaid in modern modest clothes.

Don't keep a pet fundie. They always end up shitting on the floor. I'll bet this one will be the same. Right now she is just as sweet as a half chewed piece of toffee (and with the intellectual weight of candy floss) but watch out there is a patriarchal razor blade in that candy.

She is just another version of Miss Raquel. She posts large amounts of pictures of herself all while bragging about how modest she is. If she starts writing fictionals they could be twins.

Don't keep a pet fundie. They always end up shitting on the floor. I'll bet this one will be the same. Right now she is just as sweet as a half chewed piece of toffee (and with the intellectual weight of candy floss) but watch out there is a patriarchal razor blade in that candy.

I feel like that should be a post count title; "getting bitten by pet fundies" or something

All of the "Friends of Fresh Modesty" dress *exactly* like this girl. Where's the "fresh" in that??????????????????

And they all say they glorify God through their wardrobe. It may just be me, but I think Jesus might not give a shit about color co-ordination, necklines and matching accessories when he has the prayers of millions of sick and starving children to answer (and the Maxwells blabbering away every time they go for a damn walk)

Guest Anonymous

I don't want to snark on this girl too hard because she's just a kid. And look at that little chipmunk face! She's so sweet! But...

Previous posters are exactly right, this girl must have a warped understanding of the word 'modest' because a blog full of pictures of yourself is not it.

Also, what exactly is her definition of the word 'modesty' as it pertains to fashion? I am way, way more covered up than this girl and I'm a dirty little atheist. I'm certainly not saying that she should cover up more, or that there is anything wrong with what she is wearing, I'd just like to know what makes her outfits fundy-specific modesty wear more than, say, the clothes in Marks and Spencer magazine or just about every mainstream clothing catalog in existence ever.

Also, this:

I love sewing, thrifting, healthy food, mud, blogging, photography, design work, and laundry.

Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

But this?

Are you ever uncomfortable around girls that don't dress modestly and cover their bodies?

Sometimes, but usually I'm just thinking of the poor guys who are also around. If it's just girls, though, I don't really pay attention. I try to treat them like I would want to be treated if we were wearing the other's clothes. :)

This cannot be justified. Poor guys? Poor guys for having to manage their own emotions and impulses like functioning human beings?! Boo-hoo, I say. Poor them.

One last thing:

Dress outside your box, but inside His book

That's just dumb. It makes no sense. Just for fun, when you read this, keep in mind that 'box' is crude slang for female genitalia.

Edited: Aaah! Wording, formatting, punctuation. My usual mistakes.

Guest Anonymous
How old is she?

I like her outfits an she looks stylish and not fundie. Lots of pics of each outfit tho!

She's nineteen.

And they all say they glorify God through their wardrobe. It may just be me, but I think Jesus might not give a shit about color co-ordination, necklines and matching accessories when he has the prayers of millions of sick and starving children to answer (and the Maxwells blabbering away every time they go for a damn walk)

This.

Additionally, those girls wear so many clothes I almost break out in a heat rash looking at their pictures. I'm wearing a tank top and baggy capris into the office today. I'll be comfortable, not sweating TOO much if I have a hot flash. (In honor of my diabeetus, I'm wearing socks and shoes, however.)

I find her outfits pretty boring. Ashley on Bramblewood Fashion has much better style and never mentions religion on her blog beyond 'this is what I wore to church' and that she's a Christian in her bio.

Also I note that you never see a plus size modest fashion blogger.

This.

Additionally, those girls wear so many clothes I almost break out in a heat rash looking at their pictures. I'm wearing a tank top and baggy capris into the office today. I'll be comfortable, not sweating TOO much if I have a hot flash. (In honor of my diabeetus, I'm wearing socks and shoes, however.)

Like she is wearing a dress with a t shirt and skirt under it in this one to make it modest.

DSC_0439.jpg

Like she is wearing a dress with a t shirt and skirt under it in this one to make it modest.

DSC_0439.jpg

That is one strange outfit. Why is she wearing that hat and t-shirt with a relatively formal dress? Why does it need a skirt underneath it??

Archived