IGNORED

Olivia from Fresh Modesty is just so adorable

Lady Elaine

Does she do anything besides putting on make-up, trying on outfits, taking pictures of herself and blogging about how modest she is?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I note that you never see a plus size modest fashion blogger.

The bloggers that post a lot of photos of themselves seem to be the popular ones ..... pretty fundie = popular blogger?!

The bloggers that post a lot of photos of themselves seem to be the popular ones ..... pretty fundie = popular blogger?!

Being pretty and fundie wouldn't stop you from being plus sized though...

She takes care of her younger siblings all day and does the cooking/laundry/chores because her mom is sick.

freshmodesty.blogspot.com/2012/04/kews-and-ehs-6-green-hair-and-goals.html

I think she also does some farm work.

Like she is wearing a dress with a t shirt and skirt under it in this one to make it modest.

DSC_0439.jpg

19 years old and a house full of siblings that need care. That would suck. I blame the young woman's parents for her believing that she can change the world through her choice of wardrobe.

It is perhaps for this reason that I hesitate to post just how much I dislike the above picture - most of all the outfit itself. I can understand wearing an undershirt – but brown, with a matching underskirt? And the, 'Aw, shucks' pose. But then again, she is 19. I see similar stuff on the blogs and pages of other people that age without any reference to religion. (At least she didn't pose in a public restroom while standing next to an unflushed toilet, as one now-infamous Facebook “star†did.)

She should enjoy her outfits and her pleasures while there's still time for such frivolity. She and a lot of other people are about to get a face full of ice-water.

She takes care of her younger siblings all day and does the cooking/laundry/chores because her mom is sick.

freshmodesty.blogspot.com/2012/04/kews-and-ehs-6-green-hair-and-goals.html

I think she also does some farm work.

She sews too - and has a sewing blog. Looks like she has skill but i can't sew at all. :oops:

I have a feeling we've talked her over before, maybe in the context about all this talk about modesty isn't so modest. I mean, come on, pages of pages of pictures of her outfits and body, how is that modest?

And I think she wouldn't pass the modesty test of many, many fundies, skirts far too short and too much emphasis on curves.

natashaatkerson.blogspot.com/

This girl is kinda plus sized. I mean, not by real world standards, but by fashion standards. She's not tiny.

(At least she didn't pose in a public restroom while standing next to an unflushed toilet, as one now-infamous Facebook “star†did.)

Oh please tell me who did this!!!

I do like that combo somewhat, it looked to me like a normal dress with two layers, I have similar ones I bought in the store.

But the hat and the shoes.... :?

In the first photo in this thread is she wearing sheer black pantyhose, or is that just a weird shadow on her legs? If it's the former that is decidedly not cute. I pretty much exclusively wear dresses or skirts, often with tights, but sheer colored pantyhose creep me out.

Lord have mercy:

Those few years in there are a blur now, but, by God’s grace and through many tears and closet cleanings, I came out the other side happy to take up the cause of shouting from the rooftops, “Dress modestly! It’s what good Christian girls do!†without really realizing everything it meant.

Content of the passage aside, What. The. Fuck. Is up with all the smilies?!!?!?!

Have you always dressed modestly? If not, what made you start dressing modestly? :)

Everyone has a modesty story, don’t they? :) I’ll give y’all the longer version of mine so that hopefully it’ll be an encouragement to those mothers who think their stubborn young daughter will never embrace modesty. :D

I think I remember being about 7 years old when my mom first told me that I wasn’t allowed to wear “belly shirtsâ€- shirts which were designed to show off my chubby baby midriff. :P I, of course, rebelled and really didn’t understand, but eventually yielded. As I grew rapidly those next few years (I was “fully grown†by age 11 :P) I was given a few rules like “shorts below fingertips, no straps showing, no lines across the front of your shirtâ€, but beyond that, I had pretty free reign. Except, I didn’t really care how I looked. I would just find handmedowns I liked and I wore sweat pants and cheerleader shorts with my dad’s shirts.  {Yes, I cringe at the thought now. :P} Somewhere around age 12, I started realizing that in order to look pretty, I was going to have to put effort into my appearance. So, I started asking for new clothes and brushing my hair more than once a week. :P My friends and I got into makeup, and I started really enjoying being a girl. Not that I was ever a tomboy (don’t have any brothers to show me what boys do), but I stopped being apathetic to my gender. :) At 13, I noticed guys were noticing me, and that maybe I should figure out what would set me apart from another girl. By 14 when I was introduced to the skirts/modesty for guy’s sake idea, I had developed an awareness of my style, my shape, and the attributes I had that I could play up or down. :D

I’ll admit- I was a bear to try and wrangle into embracing modest clothing. I really didn’t understand (not having brothers didn’t help) what the big deal was. My mom told me I should be saving my body to be looked at only by my future husband. Huh? So? Why? I didn’t get it, plus I thought it was kind of weird. :p 

Those few years in there are a blur now, but, by God’s grace and through many tears and closet cleanings, I came out the other side happy to take up the cause of shouting from the rooftops, “Dress modestly! It’s what good Christian girls do!†without really realizing everything it meant. I started reading biblical womanhood blogs and those helped me figure out what this modesty thing was about. :)

So, to answer the question, “What made you start dressing modestly?â€, I would have to say that it was purely God’s providence in my life of bringing across my path articles and blogs and good friends who taught me that God’s children should make Him pleased by what they wear. :) I honestly don’t remember specifics. Wish I would have journaled. :P

I have a fundie who frequents my facebook who loves the smilies and winks. So it's like this:

Fundies: (grin) I think rape victims are mostly to blame (wink)

My friend from freejinger: OMFG did you just wink in a statement about rape???

I have a fundie who frequents my facebook who loves the smilies and winks. So it's like this:

Fundies: (grin) I think rape victims are mostly to blame (wink)

My friend from freejinger: OMFG did you just wink in a statement about rape???

*snicker* She really creeped me out with that. I love a good smiley, but seriously, context is important.

Uhh...I don't really think you're "rebelling" against christian modesty when you want to wear so-called belly shirts at the age of 7. Most little kids get attached to certain pieces of clothing and want to wear them even if they outgrow them.

*GASP* She wore cheerleader shorts with her dad's shirts. Oh, the humanity!!

By 14 when I was introduced to the skirts/modesty for guy’s sake idea

:doh:

What a twit.

What the heck her post on her daily makeup routine from yesterday. She says she doesn't take off her makeup when she goes to sleep? WTH.

*snicker* She really creeped me out with that. I love a good smiley, but seriously, context is important.

It doesn't surprise me. The Pearl cult has made several videos on You Tube covering the topic of rape. All of them are highly sickening.

First video one of the Pearl fundies talks about wearing a jacket at a gas station when it's 100 degrees out.

Second video Debi Pearl talks about her public bathroom fears.

It sets up the idea that people have way more control over situations than they actually do. I could see how a fundie watching these could make the connection. Jackets prevent rape or looking at a person in a certain way prevents rape. Anyone with a small amount of education knows that's BS.

What the heck her post on her daily makeup routine from yesterday. She says she doesn't take off her makeup when she goes to sleep? WTH.

Adorable :roll:

My daughter used to do that. she started having these black marks on her neck and wanted to go to the doctor. I looked told her go scrub the makeup off her neck (G) it somehow got on her neck from sleeping in it.

Archived