IGNORED

Meet Hellena and Currawong

happy atheist

one of their favourite sports is to attack people like a woman who’s lost her child

Actually, no. One of the things that pisses me off more than anything in this world are people who never give a shit about the actual child who was involved, and who will do anything to absolve the responsible parties of any blame. I have a very hard time feeling sorry for a woman who supports the man who murdered her baby, and/or who was involved in that murder. I'll totally own the fact that I have no issue with anyone who wants to attack women who put their own desires above the safety of their children. THAT is my problem. Put your kids before yourself, and THEN do whatever the fuck your special little heart desires. If you can't do that, then I really have no words to describe the kind of person you are.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow she's got her head further up her ass than usual. I'm glad she has head lice and Curradong to comfort her during her time of trials.

What I did pick up is she claims to have been a Mormon :o

ETA: I have to laugh at these navel gazers being their authentic selves. If just wouldn't be possible if they didn't have a lap top to write about it all.

iamafuckingfreeloadertheworldowesmealivingsoicanlivehowilikeandblameeverybodyelsewhenitgoestitsup.com. In thanks I will crochet you a ..a...a CHAIN! Yup I am THAT talented. With my fingers and all :D

You and expdd owe ME a gift certificate to Sephora. Between the two of you on this thread I have lost so much makeup to the tears of laughter running down my face. And I almost wet my pants a couple of times.

:banana-rainbow: :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

I tried to read her post to us, but it was just too long. Hellena, since you read here, this special snowflake right here, me, has a hard time reading long blocks of texts. I really do. So to help encourage and to show understanding of my uniqueness, will you write a short post explaining what you said? Please?

I tried to read her post to us, but it was just too long. Hellena, since you read here, this special snowflake right here, me, has a hard time reading long blocks of texts. I really do. So to help encourage and to show understanding of my uniqueness, will you write a short post explaining what you said? Please?

Oh and Hellacious, some of us crones have vision problems please be kind enough to reverse the contrast, you know black letters on a light background? TYVM

BTW: I've been meaning to ask, just what does it take to to be a mother and watch your children suffer from whooping cough for the better part of a year?

This.

Oh my this is the funniest stuff I have read in a while. Thanks everyone for cheering me up.

Edited to add...Hellena, if you don't like what we write don't read it. You have a choice, kids bullied in the schoolyard do not have a choice. I really think you are selfish self-centered, and unfit to be a mom right now. I think you love your kids, but darling you need help.

I had a look at the web page it came from, and I thought it looked like a Friesian word, and thought ‘maybe someone’s discovered there’s a wild Friesian family with 7 Friesian babies!’

I very much doubt any Friesian group would want to be associated with Hellena and her brood. They aren't exactly poster children to engender ethnic pride.

Oh and Hellacious, some of us crones have vision problems please be kind enough to reverse the contrast, you know black letters on a light background? TYVM

BTW: I've been meaning to ask, just what does it take to to be a mother and watch your children suffer from whooping cough for the better part of a year?

THIS.

My immunized children caught a mild bout of whooping cough this year. Mild. But still horrible and scary and they were obviously suffering for a few weeks, even under a doctors care and with the best of modern medicine. All of which is available to Hellena, we live in the same state, but of course she chooses to see her children's severe illness as a catalyst for family bonding, not the life threatening emergency it must have been for the babies and toddlers.

When I asked the doctor why my kids had contracted an illness they were vaccinated against, she told me that due to families increasingly choosing not to immunize we no longer have complete group immunity to many illnesses, and even immunized children can catch them, although they usually have an easier time of it with less intense symptoms than non vaccinated children.

So I have a personal reason to be mad at non vaccinating lunatic hippies, although she seems to keep her brood away from schools and doctors surgeries, which is a small mercy.

I find this so terrifying. In the US there has been a rise of parents who either don't vaccinate or do the 'alternative' vaccination schedule compliments of fundie-lite doctor Robert Sears of attachment parenting fame.

Anybody else getting twitchy waiting for experiencedd's next installment of platypus lactate-fueled parody? :D

Anybody else getting twitchy waiting for experiencedd's next installment of platypus lactate-fueled parody? :D

Twitching right there with you. After her next installment, I will probably need Depends.

:chores-laundry:

Yes! Her first one made me horny. ;)

Before I let my creative juices flow I first must announce that in deference to Takai I will henceforth call the poster Hellatrix. I will continue to call her breeding unit Curradong.

A bit of history, I should think I could have wound up like Hellatrix due to my hippiness but as I've explained sanity got in the way of all of that. Mossfart's birth awakened me to a real world reality of responsibility. Living in my oppressive land of birth, without an unearned income necessitated certain choices. So I went off to work in a suit, coifed and made up carrying my Halliburton Zero briefcase until the call of Boregonia brought us north. With 45 acres Hewhopissethagainstthewall and I could only take brief periods of time away from the farm in order to exploit a new generation of hippies. And then the music died in 1995 and life and the crazies brought more changes.

As it stands now I think this couple examples the worst of the freaks (not a disparaging term), folks who can exist in on their isolate isles blinded by bliss and secure in receiving a healthy paycheck just for fucking and breeding. I can see them monthly when I go to trade at the Hours potluck. I will trade some wearable fiber art, much more tasteful and worthy of our tenuous climate here in the PNW than the crap Hellatrix makes. The woman who made my fringed alpaca gauntlets looks like she can fit in with Hellatrix and her crew. Sami is a shape shifter, she supports her habit of spinning and crafting wool from her alpacas with an assembly line job at Hewlett Packard. $28.50hr. plus a pension, stock options, benefits, medical insurance and 30+ days of leave time a year keep her lifestyle intact.

Hellatrix thinks she can change the world through the gibberish of her blog posts and limited readership. It ain't gonna happen, no matter how she and Curradong reinvent themselves. It's just another sparkling adventure and the children are the true victims, not of societies ills but their parent's immaturity and selfishness. I'll continue to snark and parody her, because if I take the time to think about a mother who neglects a child with whooping cough my pert silver maned head would truly explode.

riffle

Before I let my creative juices flow I first must announce that in deference to Takai I will henceforth call the poster Hellatrix. I will continue to call her breeding unit Curradong.

A bit of history, I should think I could have wound up like Hellatrix due to my hippiness but as I've explained sanity got in the way of all of that. Mossfart's birth awakened me to a real world reality of responsibility. Living in my oppressive land of birth, without an unearned income necessitated certain choices. So I went off to work in a suit, coifed and made up carrying my Halliburton Zero briefcase until the call of Boregonia brought us north. With 45 acres Hewhopissethagainstthewall and I could only take brief periods of time away from the farm in order to exploit a new generation of hippies. And then the music died in 1995 and life and the crazies brought more changes.

As it stands now I think this couple examples the worst of the freaks (not a disparaging term), folks who can exist in on their isolate isles blinded by bliss and secure in receiving a healthy paycheck just for fucking and breeding. I can see them monthly when I go to trade at the Hours potluck. I will trade some wearable fiber art, much more tasteful and worthy of our tenuous climate here in the PNW than the crap Hellatrix makes. The woman who made my fringed alpaca gauntlets looks like she can fit in with Hellatrix and her crew. Sami is a shape shifter, she supports her habit of spinning and crafting wool from her alpacas with an assembly line job at Hewlett Packard. $28.50hr. plus a pension, stock options, benefits, medical insurance and 30+ days of leave time a year keep her lifestyle intact.

Hellatrix thinks she can change the world through the gibberish of her blog posts and limited readership. It ain't gonna happen, no matter how she and Curradong reinvent themselves. It's just another sparkling adventure and the children are the true victims, not of societies ills but their parent's immaturity and selfishness. I'll continue to snark and parody her, because if I take the time to think about a mother who neglects a child with whooping cough my pert silver maned head would truly explode.

riffle

:clap:

See Hellatrix? Doing it right.

Now on with the story Exp :D (I'm veering toward Cowabunga for Currawong. Too much?)

It took a long time. There was a lot of it. And Currawong kept orbiting in to see if I was allright, and would catch a glimpse of a thread, and get righteously indignant on my behalf. Tumbling a few babies around on my lap as I went. And then it was done. I closed my computer. Went into the bedroom. Posted on Facebook about it. And cried.

See, that's another thing I don't understand. Sure, reading a thread about me would probably not be a nice experience - and make me wonder about some of my choices, including the choice of displaying it all on the internet for the world to see.

But I'm also certain there would be a few moments where I'd just giggle. I usually can't help but laugh when someone's taking my idiosyncrasies and pushing them to the next level, if it's done well - and some posters here did make a really good job.

Maybe I am too easily disarmed by humor, but Hellena, you should get yourself some at the co-op.

Her butthurt rant about cyber-bullies and trolls pissed me off.

Note to the many "sensitive" speshul snowflakes out there:

By posting a public blog, you are putting your opinions and lifestyle out there in the world wide web. You will be judged for those opinions and lifestyle choices. The judgement can be positive and result in friendships and a network of like-minded individuals. It can also be negative. The more extreme your beliefs and lifestyle, the more polarised the judgement will be.

Whether you like it or not, people are free to disagree with your choices. As long as your comments are open, they are free to do it on your blog. They are also free to post their comments wherever else on the internet they like.

'Don't like it, don't read it!', I hear you cry. To you, I say 'Don't want to be judged? Make your blog private and only invite like-minded people to read, or accept the inevitability of dissenting opinions'.

Cyber-bullying is when people attack you. Talking about you, disagreeing with you, even making fun of you is not attacking you. We're not hate-bombing your facebook or blog. We're discussing you in a forum dedicated to discussing extreme behaviour when it comes to religion, yes, but also child-rearing and alternative lifestyles.

Trolls are people who attack you to incite a reaction. We don't do this. We don't post dox, we don't hack blogs or facebook accounts, we don't prank call you or otherwise do anything to invade your 'personal' space on the internet.

Dissenting opinions don't automatically equal trolls or cyber-bullies, even if those people make fun of you.

Finally, why do you always rush off to your blogs or your facebooks to make butthurt posts about how OMG persecuted you are? You're all alike, from fundies to radical free-birthing creatrixes; you wear your 'persecution' like a badge of honour.

To reiterate:

You are posting intimate details of your life on a world stage, people are going to find your blogs and they are going to form opinions. Sometimes they will disagree with you. That's life. Either ignore it, make yourself private, or don't post on the internet if you can't accept that inevitability.

But since Hellena so clearly wants it, we may as well give her our patented 'Persecuted by Free Jinger' badge.

See, that's another thing I don't understand. Sure, reading a thread about me would probably not be a nice experience - and make me wonder about some of my choices, including the choice of displaying it all on the internet for the world to see.

But I'm also certain there would be a few moments where I'd just giggle. I usually can't help but laugh when someone's taking my idiosyncrasies and pushing them to the next level, if it's done well - and some posters here did make a really good job.

Maybe I am too easily disarmed by humor, but Hellena, you should get yourself some at the co-op.

I too struggle with this. Almost from the start of joining FJ.

But you know. I take the piss. I grew up watching parody. Not the Nine O'Clock News. Private Eye. French and Saunders. I read film critics. I read book critics.

There is one common theme. It has been around for quite a while. If you in any way put anything out there in a public setting as demonstrated by above it is cultural to critique and yes, take the piss out of it. (My preferred.)

The internet is in no way different. Just newer. Hellatrix and the rest of the Bloggers seem to assume they are immune to it whilst still wishing to court the accolades of their 'art.'

It absolutely astounds me why they don't get that. I am a frustrated Ian Hislop except female and taller.

Heinz57 I doubt like you, she would in any way look at any post here as anything other than a personal attack. I suspect most of the fundies are the same. That's ok. There can be some nasty off base comments at times which just reinforce their belief. But they cannot see past that to the genuine intelligent commentary. I don't lose much sleep over that.

Bellatrix should be pretty flattered. Experiencedd's Parody is really quite genius :D

You know, she should be honest, she isn't making a living from living, she is making a living from taking government money plus blogging. That is why she can't close up her blog and make her life private. If she did she would lose part of her income and she cares about money more than her privacy.

I actually don't care that much about these fundie hippies taking government welfare. Realistically, they'd probably live this lifestyle regardless, so I'm just happy that their kids are getting some food. I like welfare-accepting fundies a lot more than those that are so prideful and boastful that they'll let their kids suffer even more, like the Duggars and Bateses.

Oh I am glad they get government help so her kids won't starve too. It just that she isn't really making a living by just living. Without the government and blogging they would have to either starve or get real jobs.

Oh I am glad they get government help so her kids won't starve too. It just that she isn't really making a living by just living. Without the government and blogging they would have to either starve or get real jobs.

Exactly. People like this are so anti-establishment and look down on "normal" society so damn much - yet at the same time they couldn't feed their own kids if they were just living their super-special lifestyle without taking on help from the very people they look down on.

Last night, still drunk on platypus lactate, I started a bale fire so that I could bathe naked under the light of blue moon and revel in the glory that is my womanhood. I painted by body with the saffron of marigold pollen while hearing the screams of the night pixies at war, in battle with the the nutria. With only my roof sitting yeti as company I gazed deep within the flames to see visions of madness and joy, remembrances of cruelty and kindness and the webs of sylvan sheep woven for only me and me alone. I experienced the deep oneness that comes only after the insanity of sucking grails of platypus lactate knowing that in the morning the universe would bring me great pain in my frontal lobe. And somewhere deep within my visions came the sound of mystical chimes and tunes, I struggled to reach the now and realized it my cell phone and my spawn known as Mossfart wishing me the joy of reaching yet another blue moon. With the spell broken and torn I wandered inside the hovel and gazed in wonder at the cobwebs sprinkled with the magic that is known as glitter. It was then my muse took hold and instructed me to wrap myself in these webs of love and universal oneness and run naked in the streets proclaiming the joy of this moment regardless of the strictures of contrived society. With the sounds of sirens in the background I ran through the streets of sameness crying out with joy and wonder. As the lights of scarlet and crimson flashed in the background I felt the sting of a thousand nettles in my back, I fell to the ground, the only words I could speak were, don't taze me dude.

From a holding cell somewhere in time only known to men.

Pagan whore! Repent and I shall intercede on your behalf with Steve Maxwell that he should determine your penance.

Exactly. People like this are so anti-establishment and look down on "normal" society so damn much - yet at the same time they couldn't feed their own kids if they were just living their super-special lifestyle without taking on help from the very people they look down on.

The mental gymnastics required to make it acceptable to take assistance, but only in their particular instance, make me feel all stabby. IRL I know a woman who rails against government assistance of all kinds, but she and her husband and son are on welfare because he has a crap job and she won't work. Her excuse is her husband "made" her do it. But she still looks down on other people in the system!

The programs exist for a reason. There is no shame in taking help to keep your kid fed. In fact, I think it's admirable to swallow your pride for the sake of your child and do whatever you have to do to get them the best possible advantage in life.

Teaching your kids that the government is evil while living off it will.make for some confused kids. Hell, even if you don't want them liking the government you can still teach them that sometimedls you have to do distasteful things to survive. That is a much better life lesson than waiting for the sky to gently rain wealth upon you.

Oh I used to know someone like that. She was a sort of Hellena Wannabe; dredlocked, hippy, kids used her first name rather than mum. She would rail on how the government was the cause of so much shite and that the anarchists will take over.

Yeah, right. So when they do are you going to stop claiming benefits while your hubby works on the fiddle? Are you going to stop sending your kids to state schools? What about using the NHS? You going to stop using it?

Whenever seh would start I would roll my eyes. Perhaps predictively, her oldest son, who after a childhood of mung beans, lentils, tie dyed clothes, dirty bare feet and living in a bus, is now 22 years old and has become everything his mother railed at. He has a steady office job, wears suits and has a smart hair cut.

It is funny how that happens, Sola :lol:

Most anarchists I know don't like hippies, they use it as a term of abuse, partly for the very reason you say. They also like stuff such as providing for weak/sick/unable to work for whatever reason people, co-ops for schooling, healthcare you don't pay for - they want to see them delivered differently but they are in favour of the actual concepts behind those things. So they don't see a conflict really.

Where you do get the (utterly stupid) conflict is when someone goes on about how crunchy/off the grid etc they are and how they worship the earth goddess etc, and then turn round and take every benefit going. It switches from being political to being cultural. Those sort of people always look down the nose at people actually in the struggle unless they're a tribe of adorable Indians with pagan ways and "a true connection to the land". If they met a bin worker from a poor area of town who'd just been laid off as the council switched to using a private firm, they wouldn't know what to say to him or where to look, because they'd be secretly despising him for not being like them. They certainly could not convince him into anarchism.

Archived