IGNORED

Meet Hellena and Currawong

happy atheist

Xman lives out in the mountains outside of a small community of hippies my age who came to Boregonia from far and wide in the sixties and seventies. They did the handmade houses, art, finally got indoor plumbing, brought their homes up to code. A surprising number of them are highly respected artists and musicians whose names you would recognize, who figured out how to market their art and talent. Few if any smoke weed recreationally, a mere handful at that now and most of them hurt so much from their youth, tree felling, and brush clearing they need to. The kids are of my DDs generation, all have astounding work ethics, those who didn't go to college earn a good living from trades. Few have moved from the mountain for any period of time. The lure of the culture still calls my kid, but she has a gratifying career and is on an adventure.

I actually tried to buy a handmade eccentric house, but the appraiser put on the apprasial that it was unique, and I couldn't get a loan on it because of that- the structure had been brought up to code for the most part. I was so disappointed. There are a lot of the responsible older wave up here too, and besides the fact that I spent as much time up here as I could as a child, the art is what drew me, as I'm also an artist, and starting to actually make a dent in the part of the art world where I work. I think being in an area where that is accepted is really important. (my grandparents were also artists, and they were one of the ways I could get somebody to bring me up here as a child too.)

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you share the info that you found about her father, happy atheist? Now I'm curious.

On her '25 things about me' there is this:

8. My dad died in the Granville train crash when he was 49 (7 x 7), and I was 7, in 1977. He gave up smoking that morning, which meant he was on the non-smoking carriage right under the bridge, and if he hadn't of done that, he would have still been alive on his normal smoking carriage. He came to me after he died and told me that it was gonna be all right. And then I got teased at school that my dad was squashed like a tomato, so I stayed home for a year.

I looked up 'Granville train disaster' on Wikipedia:

The Granville rail disaster occurred on 18 January 1977 at Granville, a suburb in western Sydney, when a crowded commuter train derailed, running into the supports of a road bridge that collapsed onto two of the train's passenger carriages. 83 people died, more than 210 were injured, and 1,300 were affected.

It is the worst rail disaster in Australian history based on loss of life.

There is a lot more detail there, if you really want it.

That truly is awful. Kids can be horrible. When my father committed suicide, I was 13. Kids followed me around at school singing the theme song of "Psycho Dad" (the favorite show of the fictional Al Bundy, from "Married With Children"). I sadly have no trouble believing that she was tormented as she claims.

I have a friend who's Father was a runner and had a massive heart attack one day while out running. He was totally healthy apart from a heart defect he never knew he had. For some reason a group of girls at school latched on to her and tormented her so mercilessly that she had to leave school for the remainder of the year. I have no idea what set the kids to teasing my friend, but it was awful to witness :(

It sounds like she had a really hard childhood, then was molested by her step-dad, then just sort of bounced around till she found Currawong. And she admits that they fight like cats and dogs on a regular basis. I think she needs therapy. Real therapy.

Did she take down the nude pics of her and Currawong? I wonder why?

It *really* alarms me that she minimizes the boob touching by her step father. It makes me wonder just how much "innocent naked fondling" she is going to justify to her poor daughters should they come to her with revalations of sexual abuse. After all, only mainstream brainwashed bogans buy into the fact that father daughter relationships are supposed to be platonic!

Another thing is that all her life she has been going through some sort of phase that she classifies herself as. Intellectual lesbian. Hairy birthsex haver. Has she not considered that once this Curradong living in armpit funk lifestyle grows thin, she'll have to move on, only she'll have 8 kids that now depend on her?

And Aussies- what the everloving hell with the social welfare system? I would make more bank if I stayed home and popped out a few kids. Whay on earth do people even bother to work there? What is the cost of higher ed? how is this type of lifestyle financed?

It *really* alarms me that she minimizes the boob touching by her step father. It makes me wonder just how much "innocent naked fondling" she is going to justify to her poor daughters should they come to her with revalations of sexual abuse. After all, only mainstream brainwashed bogans buy into the fact that father daughter relationships are supposed to be platonic!

I agree - very scary.

As longskirtslotsakids said, she just bounces from one Official Label to another -- very much like Brandy.

And I agree with formergothardite -- she had a traumatic childhood, and it sounds like she never got the help she needed to deal with that.

It seems like she's been in "wild overreaction" mode most of her life.

Sometimes I feel like I need an automatic siggy for posting on FJ, that says "I'd say live and let live if they weren't raising children in this mess."

She's in Nimbin now I think. I'm also in SA and finding it really weird to recognise places in her blog and people in her FB feed. Noone I really know but it's strange nonetheless. It's that whole "Adelaide has only 2 degress of separation" thing!

It's so true, and so sad. I'm not in the right age-category to know her or her friends, but I'm sure that if I were I'd know at least someone on her facebook page. The minimal degree of separation phenomenon in Adelaide cannot be overstated.

So glad that she's not bringing another $5000 blessing into the world.

I really need to finish reading the thread before I comment. By the way, I have an insanely whack neck right now and every time I laugh it's blindingly painful... so screw you guys for making me LOL so hard. I'm sure it's the universe punishing me for laughing at the delicious snark.

I just want to interrupt y'all real quick, and tell you that Platypus Lactate is on special down at the co-op! If y'all want me to pick you some up, send a smoke signal to the northeast at the gloaming!

It believes itself to be, that's what matters. It has the consciousness of organic, free range lactate.

Can you send mine in a bespoke crochet receptacle?

I have, over the years, bought several hats from the good hippies of upstate NY. They are wonderful, and I have been complimented many times. I say this as a woman who is not known for her sense of style. Even though I have washed them several timesin the interim, reading this thread brought out my inner paranoia. Yesterday I cracked open the winter storage box and began going through the hats using a Gro Light. No lice. :pray: May their chakras be praised.

I may actually purchase that grover blue thing. I could add deely boppers to it and run around on Halloween saying "Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, Yip yip yip yip Uh-Huh"

For you noobs that are too wet behind the ears to have viewed 1980's Sesame Street.

Check this out:

http://spunoutpost.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... ts-of.html

She called her husband a "chick with a dick" and says her kids go on sleepovers. Yes that is random but I'm having trouble processing this diarrhea. At least her kids get to experience life in other families, and hopefully a bath now and then.

I did a word count and 3,093 words later she says, "I’m going to stop now, cause I think I’ve made my point,". Wow.

Edited to add: The purple shirt, Sigh...

I may actually purchase that grover blue thing. I could add deely boppers to it and run around on Halloween saying "Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, Yip yip yip yip Uh-Huh"

For you noobs that are too wet behind the ears to have viewed 1980's Sesame Street.

Bahahaha! I loved them when I was little!

And I'm also totally inspired by a new direction I'm taking that's combining all my favourite learnings - blending my old desktop publishing skills, with all the photos of our life that I love to show off and tell stories about, with my words that I'm increasingly happy with my crafting of, and my favourite topics that I have stock standard stories and experiences I want to tell the world about - and turning that all into ebooks. Self sufficient. Self motivated. Self designed. And a totally flowmadic way of trying to make a living from our living. I'm thick in the middle of a colourful 'Post Phyber Philosophy' ebook at the moment.....

:o

Errrr, non-native speaker here, so please correct me if this is pure music to the English ears, but isn't that sentence just awful? Especially the bolded part??? Is it even grammatically correct?

PS. What is Phyber?

Errrr, non-native speaker here, so please correct me if this is pure music to the English ears, but isn't that sentence just awful? Especially the bolded part??? Is it even grammatically correct?

PS. What is Phyber?

Post Phyber Philosophy..is the study of after raw umbilical sex. You think about deep meaningful ways of getting rid of the bits that got ..kind of stuck. To his Phallisophy. Basically.

The purists save them (bits) to crochet.

Hope this helped.

Post Phyber Philosophy..is the study of after raw umbilical sex. You think about deep meaningful ways of getting rid of the bits that got ..kind of stuck. To his Phallisophy. Basically.

Hope this helped.

It helped immensely. Now I understand it's the bits that she is increasingly happy with her crocheting of. Right?

PS. What is Phyber?

It is a monstrous mess, even by my generous standards.

Perhaps Phyber is her cutesy way of spelling fiber. :?

Kind of like how Kristina spelled crochet and creations with a "K" because she thought it was cute? Makes sense.

Hope this helped.

holy hell, I have never, ever laughed so hard over anything on the internet ever.

Archived