IGNORED

Meet Hellena and Currawong

happy atheist

(I'm veering toward Cowabunga for Currawong. Too much?)

I like it. I think he can be alternately Curradong, Currawang, Cowabunga or Curriedwings.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is way too crazy for me, honestly. She makes Lauren look sane, sadly.

However, I have been a crochet hooker since I was seven years old. I have to say it does not take talent to make the stuff she is calling "art" it takes drugs, the kind that make you see pink elephants.

If you want to see fiber art in it's most amazing form, look up yarn bombing. That is yarn art. The stuff she does is just an embarrassment. I am flabbergasted that anyone actually pays for the stuff she makes.

And no, I'm not the kind of fiber artist who is stuck only using other people's patterns. I'm lazy and often DO use patterns. However, I also create my own stuff. It's just most of what *I* create is toys for kids. Dolls, baskets, play food--things that make SENSE.

I've been crocheting and knitting since I was 8, and it takes up a lot of my down time in the winter months. Unfortunately, I have found I need to be stone cold sober to do it. In my stone cold sober analysis, Hellena's stuff is lazy and simplistic. Really. It only looks cool because people often mistake random brain farts for art when they don't have experience with a particular method.

Hellena's stuff is lazy and simplistic.

EXACTLY. Technically, I cannot find anything complicated about anything she creates. She appears to use a lot of chaining and single crochet to just randomly make long strings and use a lot of yarn without doing much of anything.

I've only been knitting for three years. So, I don't feel skilled enough to make a strong analysis of something tecnical in knitting. (I"m working on a goal of having a full stash of hand-knit wool socks this winter for me so the kids no longer confuse my socks for theirs and steal them.) I don't see knitting in her repetoire but her crochet skills are embarrassing.

I almost think that sewing would be a better medium for the stuff she appears to want to create but I don't see that she's creating real art with her fiber.

I've heard people will call anything art and can often find someone to purchase it on Etsy. Kinda reminds me of PT Barnum everytime I see something like what she hawks and see it called art, or in her case she calls it "wearable art."

I awoke from a dream this morning as the curtains gently rose and fell carrying the smell of sea spunk across a range of magikk green and emerald forests to orgasmically caress my all of my sensory organs in the most organic of ways the sun truly felt like butterscotch and did stick to all my senses. Limpidly I reached for a writing instrument to capture this vision before it was lost to me and the ages while consciousness rose and fell like my lovers breast during our raw joinings of mutual compulsions and with it came to me a realization of what the web of this other world told me and the truth it brought to my vision of my interior masks. Rapid fire I knew that the symbolism meant I must create for the dream held forth the birth of a new child to me one who came long after my womb was closed and Mossfart had grown to her full endowment of womenhood flushing with blood monthly to the rhythms of the earth and universe this unnamed son was small and resolute like a puppy and mewed with the gentleness of a rabbit birthing a new litter. The goddess kindly ignored Hewhopissethstandingup's TDI and cause me to birth creation a wonderment of all that is living and mine alone for no one who had come before me could capture all meaning I was the soul chosen to speak the truth about these revelations for all to learn and grow by I was the messenger for the cosmos all that is to be and all that is to come. I look around my hovel woven of reeds and grasses decorated in the colors of butterfly wings holding bits and pieces of my life and being and knew that the nuthatches cowering on the blackened sunflowers would carry my message across the winds to all that would share my knowing. Grappling with the need the urge to create the strong birthing push of my spirit I was called hypnotically to master a new art and explore the windows of my soles. With that realization I moved forward slowly as if my legs were mired in the wet moss dragging myself though the swampland of infinity and time I began to build a fairy hut out of simple things I found in my home an empty oatmeal box became the structure and I glued green coffee beans on the exterior to symbolize the building blocks of my life small limp slices of onions became the windows and the glowing orbs of tomatoes became the fire that would comfort me long after the golden autumn passed and the winds of winter blew against the walls of my hovel. But there was no roof I was constipated in creation visioning this dream and it's meaning learning how to build and form my future existence within the spun sugar gloss of the milky way. And with the final push that is so symbolic of all births spiritual and physical I urged myself forward on to the culmination of this process that was a simple dream hours before I looked with new awareness about the hovel searching for that magik piece that would crown and seal the fortress of my womb and my essence. And as in tales of old I ejaculated with a eureka of discovery the final component to my creation, a leathery slice of pizza from my previous nights supper became the crown of my creation.

And as in tales of old I ejaculated with a eureka of discovery the final component to my creation, a leathery slice of pizza from my previous nights supper became the crown of my creation.

Brava.

And how much will you charge on Etsy for this masterwork?

Brava.

And how much will you charge on Etsy for this masterwork?

One cannot put a price on art birthed from the soul and wrested from visions tumbling forward in simple elegance that evokes the goddess within us all and speaks to the changes and challenges of mankind. It will spiral into the universe and give home to the flower fairies that abide within the walls of my sacred gardens providing food to the creatures of the earth within time.

One cannot put a price on art birthed from the soul and wrested from visions tumbling forward in simple elegance that evokes the goddess within us all and speaks to the changes and challenges of mankind. It will spiral into the universe and give home to the flower fairies that abide within the walls of my sacred gardens providing food to the creatures of the earth within time.

Darn. I was hoping to buy it before it rots returns to the flower fairies (isn't that spelled fayrye3s (as Tom Lehrer would say, the 3 is silent)?

I awoke from a dream this morning as the curtains gently rose and fell carrying the smell of sea spunk across a range of magikk green and emerald forests to orgasmically caress my all of my sensory organs in the most organic of ways the sun truly felt like butterscotch and did stick to all my senses. Limpidly I reached for a writing instrument to capture this vision before it was lost to me and the ages while consciousness rose and fell like my lovers breast during our raw joinings of mutual compulsions and with it came to me a realization of what the web of this other world told me and the truth it brought to my vision of my interior masks. Rapid fire I knew that the symbolism meant I must create for the dream held forth the birth of a new child to me one who came long after my womb was closed and Mossfart had grown to her full endowment of womenhood flushing with blood monthly to the rhythms of the earth and universe this unnamed son was small and resolute like a puppy and mewed with the gentleness of a rabbit birthing a new litter. The goddess kindly ignored Hewhopissethstandingup's TDI and cause me to birth creation a wonderment of all that is living and mine alone for no one who had come before me could capture all meaning I was the soul chosen to speak the truth about these revelations for all to learn and grow by I was the messenger for the cosmos all that is to be and all that is to come. I look around my hovel woven of reeds and grasses decorated in the colors of butterfly wings holding bits and pieces of my life and being and knew that the nuthatches cowering on the blackened sunflowers would carry my message across the winds to all that would share my knowing. Grappling with the need the urge to create the strong birthing push of my spirit I was called hypnotically to master a new art and explore the windows of my soles. With that realization I moved forward slowly as if my legs were mired in the wet moss dragging myself though the swampland of infinity and time I began to build a fairy hut out of simple things I found in my home an empty oatmeal box became the structure and I glued green coffee beans on the exterior to symbolize the building blocks of my life small limp slices of onions became the windows and the glowing orbs of tomatoes became the fire that would comfort me long after the golden autumn passed and the winds of winter blew against the walls of my hovel. But there was no roof I was constipated in creation visioning this dream and it's meaning learning how to build and form my future existence within the spun sugar gloss of the milky way. And with the final push that is so symbolic of all births spiritual and physical I urged myself forward on to the culmination of this process that was a simple dream hours before I looked with new awareness about the hovel searching for that magik piece that would crown and seal the fortress of my womb and my essence. And as in tales of old I ejaculated with a eureka of discovery the final component to my creation, a leathery slice of pizza from my previous nights supper became the crown of my creation.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Being Scottish... just 2 questions.

Does Mossfart Crochet her own tampax?

Same question, toilet roll?

I am culminating in magik. Bliss.

I awoke from a dream this morning as the curtains gently rose and fell...a leathery slice of pizza from my previous nights supper became the crown of my creation.

Awesome. :clap: I wanna dip my balls in it. reference>

:laughing-rolling:

People who get Tom Lehrer references make me very happy (or is that Vrreee Hahbpbpbpee?).

For anyone who had never heard the line, watch this and enjoy:

lx7gl-k5ZjA

People who get Tom Lehrer references make me very happy (or is that Vrreee Hahbpbpbpee?).

For anyone who had never heard the line, watch this and enjoy:

lx7gl-k5ZjA

Thoughtful I totally love references. But I am at my parental house with child in other bed. Is this safe?

They are kindly fellowshipping. IE. Looking after kiddo when I work tomorrow :D

Wow just read through her response, she did not have much in the way of supportive comments. A smily, a good morning, and A few kind words from Starr and Jana. That's sad.

Hellena I hope you noticed that nobody from here actually posted nasty comments on YOUR blog.

How about Currading-dong? Or is that too many letters?

Strange name for a person, yes, but real currawongs have a beautiful song:

We don't have them in my part of the country, but I enjoy hearing them when I travel for work. I can see why he decided on that for a name... I'm presuming it wasn't his birth name anyway.

Thoughtful I totally love references. But I am at my parental house with child in other bed. Is this safe?

Just the visual you see -- front of the album cover, and verbal humor with no cursing.

Of course, there's a reference to necrophilia, and it's the intro to a cheery little song about nuclear holocaust. :lol:

Here's a transcript:

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... 7D0024F5BD

Just the visual you see -- front of the album cover, and verbal humor with no cursing.

Of course, there's a reference to necrophilia, and it's the intro to a cheery little song about nuclear holocaust. :lol:

Here's a transcript:

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... 7D0024F5BD

WOW

I feel all squirmy warm.

I almost feel like Adele. Not.

Thanks for making it acceptable. I think . :shock:

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Being Scottish... just 2 questions.

Does Mossfart Crochet her own tampax?

Same question, toilet roll?

I am culminating in magik. Bliss.

Mossfart's sanitary supplies are made from the downy feathers of angel wings wrapped in the gossamer of hand spun bunny fluff, fayrye3s (on going homage to Mr. Lehrer) supply the child goddess with the finest of gypsy silks in warm earth tones, to caress and clean her nether regions.

Mossfart's sanitary supplies are made from the downy feathers of angel wings wrapped in the gossamer of hand spun bunny fluff, fayrye3s (on going homage to Mr. Lehrer) supply the child goddess with the finest of gypsy silks in warm earth tones, to caress and clean her nether regions.

She might try 'Always' Because despite her delicate-ness. She can Skateboard. This I think ....is important.

Has she tried Cherokee hair tampons? Could not get a YouTube video of the South Park episode, but it does star Cheech & Chong!

She might try 'Always' Because despite her delicate-ness. She can Skateboard. This I think ....is important.

Why she does skateboard, she knit herself a new long board just last week, there was a bit of tension when she was attaching the trucks but she did manage the task quite well.

Archived