IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

Hmmm. How much money do they have? That's something Doug the Tool is interested in.

They buy some stuff from VF now I recall seeing a photo of one son with a VF video.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They buy some stuff from VF now I recall seeing a photo of one son with a VF video.

Yeah, but to be a true VF leghumper and get Doug Phillips' (the Tool) attention, you need to go to their events. Like the Food event, which was laughable. (I still think they could have learned more by watching Babette's Feast and discussing it.) Until you're willing to send your sons out to chase anacondas in South America, you're not really a true VF leghumper.

Steve-o asks for privacy yet throws it out for everyone to know that it was Elizabeth who canceled it and not Joseph. Way to respect privacy, asshole. It's like what Kelly Bates did when she announced it was Sarah who ended the courtship.

I think the Munck's got really obsessed with Maxwells but had no idea just how cult like they were until Elizabeth became engaged to one. Elizabeth looks like one of those bubbly girls, an attitude Steve-o would not approve of her. If she did marry into the family, that bubbly personality would disappear and we'd soon see pictures of her wearing frumpers, no make up, and having no fun. Her only "entertainment" would be reading the Bible.

I think she might have seen the red flag when she learned how close she would be living to her in laws. From then on, it might have been a domino effect and she had to get out of it-fast!

Elizabeth, you are a beautiful and strong woman. You deserve someone way better than a Maxwell. Down the road, when you do find your Prince Charming, you'll know you made the right decision.

I'm happy Elizabeth won't become a Maxwell. There is still some missing pieces, how fast things went, the no streaming wedding, something seemed off. I hope Elizabeth meets a nice fundie lite man in a few years and realizes the bullet she dodged.

My 9 year old even was happy (she saw the Maxwell blog when I was showing DH the home remodel pics and I told her about the wedding), saying "That girl doesn't have to marry the no fun family. She can still have fun and keep her plushies and read books!".

Yeah, but to be a true VF leghumper and get Doug Phillips' (the Tool) attention, you need to go to their events. Like the Food event, which was laughable. (I still think they could have learned more by watching Babette's Feast and discussing it.) Until you're willing to send your sons out to chase anacondas in South America, you're not really a true VF leghumper.

The entire family DID go to the Food Fest. As others have said before, the Muncks are nothing more than fundie social climbers. They'll just take the Maxwells off their event list. Not that hard, since the Maxwell's event calendar is shrinking.

I wonder how much the muncks actually knew about the maxwells. They have Halloween costume contests at their dog grooming/boarding shop, and Christmas parties!

I have to think they didn't read the blogs or corners very closely and possibly as Elizabeth and Joseph got to know each other she realized she can't live that life and doesn't believe it.

But I do feel badly for Elizabeth (although she made the choice, so less bad...happy she is in a family where she can) and for Joseph. Joseph has been sold the lie that he won't have heartbreak if he followed this magical courtship ritual, and instead was dumped by the woman he chose for his wife. A sort of public dumping because of his father. And now he has this house, which I assume had lots of input from e in it. And has to go tour the country starting soon and demonstrate how he failed in courtship.

And still has given more pieces of his heart away than I have, because it never occurred to me that I had to mary someone and not dating them.

You'd think changes like this would make them realize that it's not God doing anything, it's them, actually make a decision as human beings, and occasionally choosing wrongly.

Clearly they have to scrub their blog because all those old posts have about God laying it on their hearts and God directing it all and this is pure because it's God's will and all the rest - heck, in one of the comments asking Steve-O if perhaps the two betrothed shouldn't get to know each other better first, Steve-O snarked back that far more important was knowing God because he's the one directing it all and he knows best, or some of the usual stuff like that. It doesn't do well for the brand to have such talk up there saying God did it all, once it's fallen apart and not worked out.

Exactly this. I was remembering that comment and thinking that same thing but wanted to read all the posts before I replied. It's also the reason that Stevie pointed out that Liz changed her mind, not Joe. Holy Joe wouldn't question God's plan like ebil Liz did.

Maybe she got to thinking about honeymooning on Uriah with the in-laws. :oops:

However, watching from afar the breakneck grinning and sweating and working at my future house, by the future in's, would do it for me. That was just over the top. She's bound to have read here and seen the light.

Glad she's out.

But you're not done, Liz. Go get a degree.

Maybe she got to thinking about honeymooning on Uriah with the in-laws. :oops:

However, watching from afar the breakneck grinning and sweating and working at my future house, by the future ins, would do it for me. That was just over the top. She's bound to have read here and seen the light.

Glad she's out.

But you're not done, Liz. Go get a degree.

edited because I can't think this late at night

REBECCA!!! is still my first pick for Joe. She would love and cherish that house and just squee with joy when she got a new bible cover to celebrate the birthday of the baby Jesus.

Liz just posted on her blog.

She pulled out 2 hours before the bridal shower.

And I don't know what to make of the rest of it, other than she's still in the fundie deep end.

Liz just posted on her blog.

She pulled out 2 hours before the bridal shower.

And I don't know what to make of the rest of it, other than she's still in the fundie deep end.

All of the out-of-context Jesus praising seems more awkward than usual. I have to wonder if she's cramming her explanation full of God's will to try to avoid the massive blame that some fundies are going to throw at her. I mean, Steve basically threw her to the wolves, and this is her only feasible defense.

All of the out-of-context Jesus praising seems more awkward than usual. I have to wonder if she's cramming her explanation full of God's will to try to avoid the massive blame that some fundies are going to throw at her. I mean, Steve basically threw her to the wolves, and this is her only feasible defense.

Yeah I thought that too. If she is only truly accountable to God then why does that come across almost like she is defending herself?

But I do feel badly for Elizabeth (although she made the choice, so less bad...happy she is in a family where she can) and for Joseph. Joseph has been sold the lie that he won't have heartbreak if he followed this magical courtship ritual, and instead was dumped by the woman he chose for his wife. A sort of public dumping because of his father. And now he has this house, which I assume had lots of input from e in it. And has to go tour the country starting soon and demonstrate how he failed in courtship.

And still has given more pieces of his heart away than I have, because it never occurred to me that I had to mary someone and not dating them.

Objectively I think the house looks pretty nice, even if he can't bear to live in it (for now, or forever) he could certainly rent it out for a nice price, or sell it. It'd be great if he found the courage to live in it as a bachelor (heck he's still only a mile from his parents' home! Goodness it's not like he's abandoned his family), but I suspect that's not gonna happen.

I'm hoping the family doesn't force him to go on the road right after this and heaven forbid give any speeches on courtship. If they do ask him to do that, I'd hope he can grow a pair and tell them NO, he's sick, he's under the weather, and he's NOT EFFING COMING. I do have to wonder just how their presentation is gonna go, though. I mean, surely they were planning to have him all married off so they could brag about it, if in fact they are planning a courtship session at their conferences.

REBECCA!!! is still my first pick for Joe. She would love and cherish that house and just squee with joy when she got a new bible cover to celebrate the birthday of the baby Jesus.

No way! She also has too much FUN for the Maxwells. Even if her idea of fun is buying clothes for her future babies and going to McDonald's. She would squee with joy for a few days and then would stop using exclamation marks forever :(

Yeah I thought that too. If she is only truly accountable to God then why does that come across almost like she is defending herself?

Wow, that post doesn't give anything away at all...if she is so upset and loved him so much then why do it? Because God told her to? But why? It makes no sense. Poor girl. She seems kind of crazy.

And the part about being upset and feeling sick. That's what a break-up feels like. You just lost a piece of your heart, just like most of us heathens have. It's exactly the same!

It was nice to hear "her voice" this time. I am glad her parents support her decision but Im sure part of her sadness is letting her family down. I'm sure her parents were exicted for the first wedding and for it to be to a family they looked up to was somehow an answer to thier prayers. Who know how she really feels, Im sure she could not write she is happy, wanted to still carry on fun family traditions, or was too scared to move away from home etc because it would hurt her or her family's future courtship prospects.

Just saw this on the Maxwell blog after a day away from the computer, holy smokes. That was a little... Unexpected.

A hearty congrats to Elizabeth- hopefully she can find someone a little bit less controlling next time. Or maybe even get a little education, travel, and have a life of her own. Imagine that. :roll: I know it's unlikely but I remain hopeful.

WTF? I don't understand a one word of Elizabeth's post. It's like the Jesus Metaphor Bible puked all over the quiver.

Jesus H... (now THAT'S something I *do* understand)

No way! She also has too much FUN for the Maxwells. Even if her idea of fun is buying clothes for her future babies and going to McDonald's. She would squee with joy for a few days and then would stop using exclamation marks forever :(

Wow, that post doesn't give anything away at all...if she is so upset and loved him so much then why do it? Because God told her to? But why? It makes no sense. Poor girl. She seems kind of crazy.

And the part about being upset and feeling sick. That's what a break-up feels like. You just lost a piece of your heart, just like most of us heathens have. It's exactly the same!

Courtship is the fundie ten dollar word for dating.

But they are finding out it is all the same in the wash.

I think this is why Maxwells were pushing this thing through so fast.

It was nice to hear "her voice" this time. I am glad her parents support her decision but Im sure part of her sadness is letting her family down. I'm sure her parents were exicted for the first wedding and for it to be to a family they looked up to was somehow an answer to thier prayers. Who know how she really feels, Im sure she could not write she is happy, wanted to still carry on fun family traditions, or was too scared to move away from home etc because it would hurt her or her family's future courtship prospects.

Honey, if you heard her 'voice' give me a translation. She posted nothing but some garbled clap trap. ETA she hurts, she loved him, she loved the courtship but she gave it all back to god. Makes zero sense.

This makes me happy yet sad.

Happy she has escaped Maxwell.

Sad for her because as anyone who has had a relationship they invested a lot in emotionally (ie not just a high school romance) it hurts.

And yeah such BS that courtship protects your heart. She wouldn't be sobbing if it did. And Joe Maxwell wouldn't be sad.

Rebecca!!!!11!!! would be a much better match but i bet God doesn't tell Joe to marry her. She just isn't pretty enough for Joe.

How would she know what to expect from a courtship and/or engagement? She only courted for a month and was engaged for less than two. Hell, even Priscilla Keller had a larger courtship/engagement period.

She's in pain, she's at peace. What she really is is a hot fucking mess. So much for the courtship model guarding hearts.

The entire family DID go to the Food Fest. As others have said before, the Muncks are nothing more than fundie social climbers. They'll just take the Maxwells off their event list. Not that hard, since the Maxwell's event calendar is shrinking.

The Muncks do seem like a better fit with VF than the austere Maxwells. I can see them really enjoying the dress ups and tea parties.

Maybe she'll hook Joshua Phillips. He may be a junior tool, but he sure is defrauding.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived