IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

Definitely. I think some fundie fans read FJ and report back.

I think that is going on. I think the Maxwells might have some fans that are less fundie them and those fans might be a bit familiar with some pop culture. ETA: The Carrie comment was deleted and my theory is that a Maxwell fan might recognized it, because he or she might have heard the song at a church or some event. But the Maxwell fans might not have recognized some of the other stuff.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These comments are too much! I hope more of them make it through the gauntlet. And it's been a nice little exercise for me, too ... Lots of Broadway, not enough Top 40 & Classic Rock while I was growing up. :)

Accredited PhD programs don't accept undergraduate degrees from the school of the holy basement, one with no textbooks or accreditation. I would love to hear what Trolly Trollington is doing her doctoral thesis on.

I don't think they're talking about her. I am working on a Ph.D. in education, though.

Guest Anonymous

I think Steve reads here directly. He often changes text in the blog posts or comments quite soon after they are discussed here. I think this week's comments will only have stayed up this long because he has been busy engineering the plans to move on from the failed courtship, and doing a lot of driving today.

Teri will no doubt have to celebrate her birthday by giving him an extra-long back rub tonight. :?

Whoever did Whitney is really quite talented - the Bible verse at the end was a nice touch ;)

I'm tempted to post this but since Steve is reading here I'll cut out the middle man. Maybe it will make him "smile to a point"?

The LORD is no stranger to love. He understands the rules of courtship to be followed, and so do we as Christians. Our young ladies should be looking for a full commitment, the kind of deep, abiding love and understanding that she cannot get from any other man. I'm sure Elizabeth was just trying to tell you honestly how she was feeling to try and make Joseph understand what was in her heart.

Nevertheless, the LORD will never give Joseph up to the devil, will never fall short of the love He promised, and will never desert us. Praise be to the LORD in this time of healing.

- Rick

Oh wow. Oh wow. That is amazing. I LOVE IT!

You win a cake! :occasion-cake:

Agreed.

Thirded.

Bono is still up! I have to say Whitney is my favorite, though. And I bet the Maxwells aren't aware of the worship song set to that Bible verse (it has EBIL dance moves too!).

eta: wrong word

I was inspired this afternoon to give it a try. I love the lyric trolling, I have to admit.

RF on August 17, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I’m so glad your family will have this time together. I hope it will be a time of healing and peace. Remember that every lost dream leads us closer to the Lord. When our hearts are broken before the Lord it is like a northern star pointing us on our way into His loving arms. This much I know is true: God will bless the broken road that leads straight to Him!

He is good!

I couldn't resist

Jeri Garcia on August 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,

If your cup is full may it be again,

Let it be known there is a fountain,

That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,

Between the dawn and the dark of night,

And if you go no one may follow,

That path is for your steps alone.

In Jesus Name

Steve -- do you guys track IPs?

ETA: When they are on the road do you think Steve does all the comment moderating? Perhaps Sarah is in the back, reading the posts out loud and they make a family decision? I would *KILL* to hear her read Gloria's comment.

I tried my hand at it, but I am not very clever.

Simon family on August 17, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

Dear maxwell family,

I know how tough this is. It is almost like you are down on your knees begging God please to come to your heart. It breaks your heart, it shakes your confidence. But know, when you get up to wash your face, you will find God when you return. And then before you know it, you find that love and are laughing on the floor.

The Simon family

I was inspired this afternoon to give it a try. I love the lyric trolling, I have to admit.

Woohoo, they published RF! :dance:

I tried my hand at it, but I am not very clever.

Sounds good to me! "The Simon family" could also post:

Always remember that GOD is on your side when times get tough. When pain is all around, GOD will guide you through the turmoil. Trust in him to be your bridge to better times. Joseph, someday all of your dreams will be fulfilled. Until then, let the LORD be your friend and ease your mind.

LMAO, I go away for a few days and you guys have just hit it out of the ballpark, you all just rock! :mrgreen:

I am just going to say that the FJ lyrical comments may be one of my favorite things to ever come out of this board. I hope this remains something that occurs over at the maxwell blog for a long, long time.

And now I issue a challenge...LMFAO lyrics!

Challenge accepted!

Skyler on August 18, 2012 at 12:02 am said:

Happy birthday Teri. You are a blessing and you know it.

May the LORD bless you and your family today.

I tried to Rick-Roll him... Will let you know...

Follower of Jesus on August 18, 2012 at 12:05 am said:

With trials like this I truly believe its God’s way of making us understand that he is never going to give us up, let us down or desert us. He might make us cry, or say goodbye, But, he is never going to tell a lie and hurt us! That I am most grateful for, HE knows whats in store and he is always there with a guiding hand.

:lol:

Challenge accepted!

Skyler on August 18, 2012 at 12:02 am said:

Happy birthday Teri. You are a blessing and you know it.

May the LORD bless you and your family today.

:laughing-lettersrofl: Awesome!

A 70s classic:

Dear Maxwells, during this difficult time, may you be comforted to know that you have a friend in Jesus. Though you may struggle through life in this fallen world, what joy it must bring to know that once you are laid to rest, you will go to the place that’s the best… a place where there is no pain, only peace in the arms of the Spirit in the sky.

--Norman G.

The LORD is no stranger to love. He understands the rules of courtship to be followed, and so do we as Christians. Our young ladies should be looking for a full commitment, the kind of deep, abiding love and understanding that she cannot get from any other man. I'm sure Elizabeth was just trying to tell you honestly how she was feeling to try and make Joseph understand what was in her heart.

Nevertheless, the LORD will never give Joseph up to the devil, will never fall short of the love He promised, and will never desert us. Praise be to the LORD in this time of healing.

- Rick

:character-beavisbutthead: :handgestures-salute::greetings-clappingorange::music-rockon:

I would like to request my headship to contact your headship to open negotiations for a courtship.

Dear Maxwell family, my name is Christina, like your precious granddaughter! I wanted to tell you that I, too, have experienced the heartache of a broken relationship. Every day was so wonderful, then suddenly, it was over. It was hard to breathe. I felt insecure and so ashamed. But then I remembered that I am beautiful in the sight of the LORD, and that no matter what anyone said, only Jesus could fill my emptiness.

I was also inspired by the words of my sweet friend Mrs. Knowles, who has truly embraced her destiny as a child of GOD. After her own painful trial, she told me that she now knew that she was a survivor--that she was going to keep on surviving, thanks be to GOD. I sense that Joseph is a survivor, too. He's not going to give up; he'll just work harder to win the heart of another godly young woman, all in the LORD's timing.

YOU GUYS. I am DYING at "Fred's" comment. "I was, quite simply, desperate to find somebody to love.... Day after day, I would get down on my knees and start to pray, until tears ran down from my eyes: 'LORD, find me somebody to love!'"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived