IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

Ooh, I feel special, they responded to my Gotye post! Notice the SOTDRT wrong use of "their":

Wally on August 15, 2012 at 2:07 pm said:

Hopefully this trip will help heal the family’s broken hearts :(

I wish Joseph would just keep in mind that you can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness. Like resignation to the end, always the end.

I sure hope that Elizabeth and Joseph could still be friends. But I’ll bet that with all the stress they will both soon be glad that it is over.

Praise the LORD and all his glory.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Their are no hard feelings whatsoever between them.

I keep singing in my head 'Now you're just some fundie I used to know..." I only have myself to blame.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't anyone on here feel sorry for two young people with broken hearts?

Actually, according to the courtship rules, their hearts should be perfectly intact.

If you read through the thread you see that of course we do. If anything we also feel relief that Elizabeth broke it off because that girl is not cut out for Maxwell life. You'll also see where we discuss that hands off courtship is not the way to prevent heart break as it is made out to be.

If you've read this thread you'd know many of us have sympathy for Joseph and Elizabeth. But many of us don't believe they truly have "broken hearts" since they barely knew each other. In my case, the sympathy is for the lifestyle that's been forced on them.

The lifestyle has not been forced on them, they made the decision to have a courtship, not their parents...this is not an arranged marriage

They met three times. If they do have broken hearts they were doing their courtship wrong, since a courtship is aimed at preventing broken hearts.

The lifestyle has not been forced on them, they made the decision to have a courtship, not their parents...this is not an arranged marriage

How exactly did Joe have a choice in the lifestyle? This is all he's known!

I do feel sorry for them, as theyre obviously upset about the wedding being off, but I also think that they arent right for eachother and their marriage would not have been as happy as it would have been if they were with other people who were more compatible.

Honestly, I would be willing to bet that Steve pressured Teri into sex on the first date. The people that I have known who appeared to be the most reserved had the worst pasts (not that sex on the 1st date is bad, I've had a couple of one nighters that ended up being relationships, but that he pressured her in a skeevy way.. like "I paid for dinner! The least you can do is put out."). I think that Steve probably had a lot of debauchery in his past and he feels guilty about it, and thinks that because he had little to no self control that no one else does either.

I actually have noticed that as well, among friends of mine whose parents are super fundie... generally the parents were living together before marriage, or had sex/were having sex on a regular basis... so now in order to "get rid of the temptation" for their children, they have to control every step their children (don't) take toward actual romantic relationships.

Bullshit.

The Maxwells have brainwashed their kids into this. Just how naive are you that you think that they ever truly had a choice on whether to leave that lifestyle or not?

That marriage was an arranged marriage in everything bar the name. I live in a community which has a large percentage of Pakistani and Bangladeshi people who have arranged marriages and there is no difference. If anything the couples here who have arranged marriages meet their future spouses a damn sight more than Joe and Liz met. They spend time together, getting to know one and other. That is something that Joe and Liz never had the opportunity to do.

Do you honestly believe the decision was always theirs? What would be the consequence if Joseph, or any of the Maxwell siblings, made a decision to date? Would they be allowed to continue to live at home? Would they be allowed to see their brothers and sisters? Would they be allowed to continue to be part of the family? After all, the whole Titus2 "ministry" is based on all of the children toeing the same line.

If one of the children veers off course, even slightly, there would go the whole Maxwell livelihood.

OF COURSE the lifestyle was forced on them, especially Joe. He's grown up with this and he's been told the outside world is evil and doomed again and again. He's been infantilized way, way past childhood. What Steve's done to his kids is criminal.

OF COURSE the lifestyle was forced on them, especially Joe. He's grown up with this and he's been told the outside world is evil and doomed again and again. He's been infantilized way, way past childhood. What Steve's done to his kids is criminal.

Joe isn't even allowed to read a newspaper, or listen to radio, his entire life experience and what he knows about life outside steve maxwell's cult his family is totally filtered by his Father.

I grew up in a Christian home, and I've been told that there are lots of evil things that happen in the world, but I would never say that my parent's lifestyle was forced on me. I have made my own decisions

I grew up in a Christian home, and I've been told that there are lots of evil things that happen in the world, but I would never say that my parent's lifestyle was forced on me. I have made my own decisions

Did you choose your own college? Was it accredited?

How can you make an informed decision without information?

I did choose my own college, but I listened to my parent's guidance before I made my decision.

And why did you choose not to go to a quality college or university, one that expected you to be able to read for comprehension and use punctuation?

Sadie, whose authority are you operating under right now? Do you think your parents would be happy to learn that you're spending hours on a snark board?

So your father's okay with you spending your personal time picking fights with people on a snark board all day?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived