IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? That is proof positive! No way would he know who Adele, Carrie, or Ned & Maude are. Woohoo! :clap: :dance:

I was just going to post this! I finally gave in to my need to share the Maxwell-crazies with someone IRL and told my husband all about the Maxwells and their FJ following last night. I went to the blog to show him the song lyrics, only to find them all deleted. :cry: I guess it took Steve the better part of a day to trawl through this entire thread for fake comments. Kudos to all you lyricists for your fine fundie-speak!

Dang, it's too bad he's deleting song lyric comments now. I was gonna challenge someone to do Elvis Presley or the Beatles (preferably Yesterday.)

ETA-Wow, I just reveiwed the lyrics to Yesterday and they seriously could apply to J's life.

"Suddenly, I'm not half to man I used to be,

There's a shadow hanging over me.

Oh, yesterday came suddenly."

He was almost a man since he was going to get married, but now he's back to being considered a child, Stevie is still hovering over him like crazy I'm sure, and the break up was sudden.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away

Now it looks as though they're here to stay

Oh, I believe in yesterday.

He was so close to getting out of Maxhell, but no. He's there for who knows how much longer. :(

Whitney still seems to be living strong.

Anyone know how to clean Dr Pepper off of a computer? At work even

I'm having the same problem with Coca Cola. I can't stop laughing and my 5yo is becoming very worried!

I also think the next step in education will be the move online. However, I'm not sure that would work at the high school level since studying for hours at home requires a level of self-discipline many teens lack. So many 15 year olds would probably sleep through the lectures or skip out all together.

College students will often skip classes as well but they are treated as adults and suffer adult consequences such as academic probation and expulsion for poor performance. High schools are rarely allowed such leeway for their students since they are legally bound to teach the students. Also, so much of high school is about participation that technology would have to be fitted so that students can interact with other students online. The situation may end up where schools will have the technology to monitor and teach online pupils, but houses may not have resources to outfit the proper technology on their end. Anyway, I do believe the future of tertiary education is online. In some ways, the trend of modern homeschooling has pioneered the concept of educating at home.

*Continues down the rabbit hole*

I teach at a high school where some of our classes are online. There are pros and cons. Some students flourish and some can't handle the responsibility.

I also did my teacher training at a proper university but I did it primarily online. No college minus for me :D I did it for financial reasons, I already have a degree (from one of the top universities in the world thankyouverymuch) but decided to retrain so I lived with my parents while I got my teaching degree. They live in the middle of nowhere so I couldn't do the "normal" uni. For me this was a good compromise. I also got EXACTLY what the campus students got, but I could do school in my jammies :D

I take mainly online classes right now from a nationally recognized state university. The science classes have weekend labs, but it still allows me to balance work and life with school. I have seen a lot of students fail out of them, especially in Biochemistry. You basically have to be the type of person who can watch a recorded lecture, read the book, and work out the details yourself. This is actually how I learn best! But some people really flounder because they need more structure.

Our entire grade in Biochemistry was 3 tests, no curve, no other assignments. I lost a lot of classmates in that first test because none of us really understood what the questions were going to be like. High quality online classes are a great deal harder than their in-person equivalents ime.

I take mainly online classes right now from a nationally recognized state university. The science classes have weekend labs, but it still allows me to balance work and life with school. I have seen a lot of students fail out of them, especially in Biochemistry. You basically have to be the type of person who can watch a recorded lecture, read the book, and work out the details yourself. This is actually how I learn best! But some people really flounder because they need more structure.

Our entire grade in Biochemistry was 3 tests, no curve, no other assignments. I lost a lot of classmates in that first test because none of us really understood what the questions were going to be like. High quality online classes are a great deal harder than their in-person equivalents ime.

I have had a harder time with this because I do better in classes where the discussions are synchronous and oral. But I have still maintained decent grades...it just has been a lot harder than my other two degrees even though I think she subject matter has been easier.

Pretty sure he is reading here, since Adele, Carrie, Tammy, and Ned & Maude have all been deleted. I give it a few more hours before he deletes Gloria.

The Adele comment is still there, as are a bunch of the other lyric comments. They are not under the "Broken Hearts" post, but a later one.

The Adele comment is still there, as are a bunch of the other lyric comments. They are not under the "Broken Hearts" post, but a later one.

The only ones that I see that are gone are the Carrie, Tammy, and another one that was posted under the artist's real first name.

I wonder what he would have done with a post like this?

"Dear Elizabeth: You're breakin' my heart, you're tearin' it apart, so fuck you!

Formerly yours, Joseph"

Lyrics from "You're Breakin' My Heart", courtesy of Harry Nilssen:

I wonder if Steve has been researching some of the commenters. I wonder if he will freak out if he reads about a certain woman whose parents have a ministry.

Ooooh! Harry Nilsen. The Land of Point!

Perfect for Steve and Joseph! Can somone more talented than I do something with this:

(From memory)

Me and my arrow

Straighter than narrow

Wherever we go, every one knows

It's me and my arrow

Me and my arrow

Taking the high road

Wherever we go, everyone knows

It's me and my arrow

And in the morning when I wake up

She may be gone, I don't know

And we make up just to break up

I'll carry on, oh yes I will

Me and my arrow

Straighter than narrow

Wherever we go, every one knows

It's me and my arrow

With apologies to the late Mr Nilsen if I got the lyrics wrong.

ETA riffle

It is with sorrow that I read that Elizabeth cannot be your everything. Through the grace of the LORD she will soon be nothing, nothing at all to you. Have faith in the LORD and don't shed a tear for her, don't lose a wink of sleep. Because the truth of the matter is that replacing her is so easy. Put your sorrow in a box to the left hand of our LORD. When you feel sorrow, think "To the left, to the left." In Him, nothing is irreplaceable.

-Mrs. Knowles

Steve hasn't found all the lyrics yet. There is a new comment from Michelle B. that made me laugh. How can he not see through some of these comments even without knowing the song?

Oh emmiedahl, did you post that comment? I hurt from laughing. Thank you!

Mine got moderated. It is very obscure as well, but I am guessing Shakespeare is too worldly.

I am so sorry to hear about the broken engagement. I wanted to share this poem with you:

He's still alone...

Oh Romeo...

Roam Romeo...

Romeo roam...

Yeah...

Romeo...

Around the corner there's nothing there

Juliet!

Whoa!

Cause there's no Juliet!

Please let you son find his Juliet.

Blessings in His Name,

Rila Ang

Steve hasn't found all the lyrics yet. There is a new comment from Michelle B. that made me laugh. How can he not see through some of these comments even without knowing the song?

Oh emmiedahl, did you post that comment? I hurt from laughing. Thank you!

I thought it would be too obvious. I am pretty sure Steve is going to delete all of these comments because they are f*n.

I really like this new FJ trend though.

Whoever did Whitney is really quite talented - the Bible verse at the end was a nice touch ;)

I'm tempted to post this but since Steve is reading here I'll cut out the middle man. Maybe it will make him "smile to a point"?

The LORD is no stranger to love. He understands the rules of courtship to be followed, and so do we as Christians. Our young ladies should be looking for a full commitment, the kind of deep, abiding love and understanding that she cannot get from any other man. I'm sure Elizabeth was just trying to tell you honestly how she was feeling to try and make Joseph understand what was in her heart.

Nevertheless, the LORD will never give Joseph up to the devil, will never fall short of the love He promised, and will never desert us. Praise be to the LORD in this time of healing.

- Rick

Whoever did Whitney is really quite talented - the Bible verse at the end was a nice touch ;)

I'm tempted to post this but since Steve is reading here I'll cut out the middle man. Maybe it will make him "smile to a point"?

The LORD is no stranger to love. He understands the rules of courtship to be followed, and so do we as Christians. Our young ladies should be looking for a full commitment, the kind of deep, abiding love and understanding that she cannot get from any other man. I'm sure Elizabeth was just trying to tell you honestly how she was feeling to try and make Joseph understand what was in her heart.

Nevertheless, the LORD will never give Joseph up to the devil, will never fall short of the love He promised, and will never desert us. Praise be to the LORD in this time of healing.

- Rick

I think I just broke something I laughed so hard!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived