IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

It is possible to have personal time, you know

Not if you're a Maxwell. Their father doesn't permit his adult children to have personal or private time because it might lead to sin. They are explicitly forbidden to have fun. He has said this in his writings over and over again. Every waking moment must be spent working or praying in the company of a relative.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, according to the courtship rules, their hearts should be perfectly intact.

Yep -- the people who push this "courtship" nonsense can't have it both ways.

Not to mention, sadies corner, that you would be hard-pressed to find anything on FJ that criticizes Elizabeth or Joseph, or Sarah Maxwell, or many of the other young people locked into this awful lifestyle.

The parents who choose it, the ones who whip/spank/beat, the men who expect to rule the lives of women and children -- they deserve and get criticism here.

If their lifestyle wasn't forced upon them than how come Steve doesn't allow outside friendships even with family members, controlling food to the point that Terri had to ask Steve's permission to drink a pepsi, only allowing his children to eat two animal crackers, etc. the list goes on and on.

Nope...not a chance....I just don't like people criticizing a family who is trying to do what is right....what they believe the Bible teaches

Nope...not a chance....I just don't like people criticizing a family who is trying to do what is right....what they believe the Bible teaches

How did you find FJ?

We have plenty of people posting on FJ who are trying to do what they believe is right, and/or what the Bible teaches, and are horribly offended by the vicious, unpleasant, bigoted and controlling things that many fundamentalists do and say.

That's what inspires a lot of us to post.

Yes, Steve Maxwell thinks he's doing what's right by banning fun and keeping his adult children isolated, ignorant of the world, undereducated, and dependent on him as the mouthpiece of God. We don't think that's right, and we don't think the Maxwell kids, especially the Reversals who've never known any other reality, have chosen this life for themselves. that's our whole point. Are you saying tat you think Steve's way is the Way? Because, if so, you should probably quit your job, dump your friends, and never go on the Internet or enjoy yourself again, since that's what he would make you do if you were his daughter.

How do you know that all Fundamentalists are "vicious, unpleasant, bigoted and controlling"....because my church is DEFINITELY not any of these things!

How did you find FJ?

She said on the other wedding thread that she was trying to find the wedding site for that couple and the thread came up in Google

How do you know that all Fundamentalists are "vicious, unpleasant, bigoted and controlling"....because my church is DEFINITELY not any of these things!

Did you see the word "all" in my post? Because I didn't type it.

You are sounding more and more like a dull troll, and less and less like a sincere Christian of any denomination.

FYI...I majored in education. Do you ALWAYS use correct punctuation?

I try.

It is very helpful if you use the quote feature.

I try.

It is very helpful if you use the quote feature.

But, synchroswimmer, that makes it harder to misquote, half-answer questions, twist what was said and perform other troll-esque activities! :D

But, synchroswimmer, that makes it harder to misquote, half-answer questions, twist what was said and perform other troll-esque activities! :D

Apparently I have a lot to learn about being a troll.

But what do I know? I'm working on a Ph.D. in education from an accredited (online) university.

I'm not a Maxwell...and I highly doubt they would feel brainwashed, or think that the lifestyle is being forced on them

Have you read their books?

Guest Anonymous

I know that the church I was raised in had many a vicious, unpleasant, controlling bigot's ass in the pew whenever the doors were open.

You all, I don't even think I can stand to bat this one around like a cat toy. She's dumber than a bag of hair and I have stuff to do this evening so I can't drink until she's funny. It's just desperately pathetic and sad. This "I love my oppression! Ignorance is strength!" Orwellian shit is too much for me today.

Honestly? It's a group of people completely wasting their lives chasing after superstition.

I have no doubt you would strongly disagree with me, but there ya have it, no, I do not have respect for what they are doing. I feel sorry for them, mainly.

(And that's even while agreeing with some of their tips for organization and scheduling - my goals are just completely, completely different.)

And I see you haven't read their books. Well, go away and read them, and then come back, if you want to talk about what is and isn't a part of the Maxwell lifestyle.

I'd also like to add, that while it's sad that Joseph and Elizabeth called off their wedding, I don't know these people from Adam. They put all their private family happenings on public display and preach that how they're living is the only way that's right. If they get snarked on, it's their own fault. Although, I suppose that since the parents control the family websites, Joseph and Elizabeth are sort of victims of their parents' egos.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived